Sent from my SM-G900V using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1405361349074.jpg
    1405361349074.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 14

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At some point we will have to say no. If not, mind as well start running flights to Ethiopia and bring their starving kids here.
Come on dave! That's an irresponsible comment to make, and you know it!

Yes, the problem needs to be resolved. Nobody is saying differently, but we must take care of these kids at the same time.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Come on dave! That's an irresponsible comment to make, and you know it!

Yes, the problem needs to be resolved. Nobody is saying differently, but we must take care of these kids at the same time.

What would be the difference if both are starving? And again, at what point should we say no? You skipped over that question.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What would be the difference if both are starving? And again, at what point should we say no? You skipped over that question.
The difference is the kids are here, the Ethiopians are not.

At what point? As soon as we close the borders and do what is necessary to keep them closed! As long as we continue to have open borders, this is the way the situation will be.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Let them sell all of that gold...help some kids out....there the ones jumping up and down about NO birth control...well time to feed and house all of those kids that were born from your illogical policies. ..pay up

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Let them sell all of that gold...help some kids out....there the ones jumping up and down about NO birth control...well time to feed and house all of those kids that were born from your illogical policies. ..pay up

Don't think the Catholics "gold" is going to come close to fixing that problem. But a funny comment nonetheless.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How many of these kids are you willing to take in and support? Five, you say? Great, in that case you get 20. And once you have those, we'll give you 20 more, and after that, well, they just keep on coming, so buck up and show a little compassion.

At what point do you say no?

I say that point is right now. Close the borders and don't let any more in. We're done. Sorry, kid, you can't come in.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The operative word is "helped". Like many other countries, they have a long way to go, even according to your article.
Yes - "helped". We have to help, not just say NO and turn our backs on them.

These are children we are talking about.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Any idea how many bazillions of dollars, and rubles, it took? Ethiopia is a "flip flopper" selling itself to the highest bidder. I was ONE man away from being stationed there in 1971. Then they kicked us out and the Soviets went in.

In the meantime, WE are going broke, borrowing money we cannot afford to borrow, and when we can't give them more, they will flipflop again.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How many of these kids are you willing to take in and support? Five, you say? Great, in that case you get 20. And once you have those, we'll give you 20 more, and after that, well, they just keep on coming, so buck up and show a little compassion.

At what point do you say no?

I say that point is right now. Close the borders and don't let any more in. We're done. Sorry, kid, you can't come in.
The problem is, they are in.

I said , close the borders NOW, and do what is necessary to keep them closed, but we can not just load up buses and send those here back over the border and say problem solved.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Any idea how many bazillions of dollars, and rubles, it took? Ethiopia is a "flip flopper" selling itself to the highest bidder. I was ONE man away from being stationed there in 1971. Then they kicked us out and the Soviets went in.

In the meantime, WE are going broke, borrowing money we cannot afford to borrow, and when we can't give them more, they will flipflop again.
Fine, don't give them any more. They are not the issue today.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes - "helped". We have to help, not just say NO and turn our backs on them.

These are children we are talking about.

Send them back to their parents, along with the bill. We have our own homemade problems to deal with, and cannot afford those. Obama is doing NOTHING to close the border, contributing to the influx of these kids, and HE DOES NOT CARE if they are killed, or worse, as long as he makes his political points.

He his counting on people here, feeling sorry for kids, to further his agenda.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We'll deal with it then.

And the money comes from where? NOBODY ever seems to answer that question. Please explain why it is ANY of our business in the first place?

I look at our economy, where it is headed, and wonder, who in the world are we to tell ANYONE what to do? AND, HOW in the world are we going to PAY for it? There is NO free lunch.