Hurricane Run

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Now why would dispatch call an expediter to deliver in harms way,, I really have no words for a dumbaxx company doing such a thing,,now stupid is stupid, but that really is ,,,,there are now words for an arrogant company like that.........u know that is just rude, life endangerment and so on. was that enough? I love this job, sometimes....................

Well like Dennis said it's emergency freight and he chose to take it. I'm sure John's people have looked all that over and I'm also sure John is taking care of Dennis as far as financial rewards.;)
He is getting there a day before the storm, the biggest problem is traffic coming out.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
We took a load going to Long Island that delivers at 1300 tomarrow. We are at the Wal Mart 2 miles from delivery point. We are battening down the hatches, chocking our wheels, boarded up the windows, got our survival kit and are currently tied to a tree bracing for the storm. LOOK, ITS JIM CATCHATORY!!!! (Spelling last name right?!) NOT! Just kidding, we actually turned down the load from FDCC. Those of you actually going that way or who will be riding the storm out be safe and God Bless.

Hope you can get out. Be careful which tree you tie up to, you may be taking it home.:D
Oh wait I just read the rest. Shame on you. LOL!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OK!! Empty at 1130...not a rain drop at all until i started to leave..no wind, no nothing, just a regular overcast cloudy day...

Now that being said, yeap, dispatched called when i was 5 miles from te delivery, told me to drop and get out of dodge, they will pay for the fuel and an extra "something"....looks like dinner in hagerstown tonight...:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK!! Empty at 1130...not a rain drop at all until i started to leave..no wind, no nothing, just a regular overcast cloudy day...

Now that being said, yeap, dispatched called when i was 5 miles from te delivery, told me to drop and get out of dodge, they will pay for the fuel and an extra "something"....looks like dinner in hagerstown tonight...:D

Happy to hear you made it in, and more importantly, OUT! Sounds like your carrier is looking out for you.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Joe! As far as Load 1 looking out for me, it was never a doubt...I was always my call as to how far i went if the weather got bad, and i was told not to take any risk....it really was a non-event load...

But yea the "stuff" is coming and I am getting out on Load 1's dime...Thanks John and dispatch, 1st for a good load and the freedom to run it as i seen fit, and then for getting me out ahead of the storm....:)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The storm came ashore as a Category 1. In Florida we would be out picking up the palm fronds and tree limbs while the kids would be heading to the beach to surf the waves from the storm.
I know it's all relative to where you live. A foot of snow in South Dakota is a joke, but 2 inches on I 10 is a disaster.
I wish the people in the storms path well and hope that it just blows on by and they can talk about the big one that almost got them for years to come.

Big Redd

Expert Expediter
well the truck is parked and battened down at it's home base.Just outside of Phila. I suspect that by this time tomorrow is may be the only source of electricity and refrigeration in the neighborhood. so we honker down and ride it out....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I couldn't turn down 950 miles up to CT for Monday... especially after a whopping 800 miles all last week. For some reason, I think either me or the shipper is gonna miss that 0600 appointment Monday morning.