Hurricane Run

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Today I've turned down 2 loads to nc both delivering on sat both on the coast. FECC called wondering why the TDs.,
I responded
"Your not seriously asking me why I turned down a load heading into a cat 4 hurricane are you. . .the best case scenario on the last load is 45mph winds and blinding rain"

The dispatcher laughed and said those seem to be the only things avaible today.

Oh well.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Call me nuts, but I just took one goin from Davenport Ia to Chatham NJ....delivers by 1700 tomorrw evening...told them if i can get in within a problem, ill go, but i am not taking any chances...Hopefully I'll get in, drop and beat feet out back to the western part of the state...:rolleyes:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Call me nuts, but I just took one goin from Davenport Ia to Chatham NJ....delivers by 1700 tomorrw evening...told them if i can get in within a problem, ill go, but i am not taking any chances...Hopefully I'll get in, drop and beat feet out back to the western part of the state...:rolleyes:

"Dennis, If you cannot get out of Jersey don't go. If they are all gone and won't take the load where will you go. That wind will toss that max like a tin can and they don't run very well under water.
Stay safe.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I already told dispatch I ain't risking nothing,,,ill just sit outside on the weat end...I already have a few phone #'s to call to check local conditions...but thanks...

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I already told dispatch I ain't risking nothing,,,ill just sit outside on the weat end...I already have a few phone #'s to call to check local conditions...but thanks...

Curious what would happen if tomorrow morning you find out they can't take delivery. I guess with it being the weekend, its not the end of the world. But are you basically stuck with the load until they can take delivery?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Mcavoy wrote:

Curious what would happen if tomorrow morning you find out they can't take delivery. I guess with it being the weekend, its not the end of the world. But are you basically stuck with the load until they can take delivery?

LOL, its not like that hasn't happened before...thats what layover pay is paid for and if the place is destoried, i'll deal with that at the time...One of the good things about leasing to Load 1 is knowing that John will make sure I am taken care of, its not a concern....:)

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We are loaded for Westampton NJ for tomorrow eve Dennis.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

That's a chance he takes. He knows the risks and the rewards. He is sitting in IA and that load is close to 1,000 miles. If he can get it dropped and get out of there, it's a jackpot. If he can't get it in there, then he loses the gamble. Then you just find your best option to make it happen and go with it. Dennis and the Load1 crew can handle it either way.

The only thing I would question is getting to the western side of the state. I would too. Western PA! lol The hurricane may not be there yet but the winds and storms that push out ahead of it may be. As I understand it, hurricanes spawn lots of tornadoes?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

"riding the storm out, riding the storm out, riding the storm out!" and "riders on the storm, riders on the storm!" Good luck out there man!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thats what i saw when i looked before I took it...figure I'll be in before the big stuff....and as far a goin west I am thinkin SW down to a friends place in Hagerstown...:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thats what i saw when i looked before I took it...figure I'll be in before the big stuff....and as far a goin west I am thinkin SW down to a friends place in Hagerstown...:D

They are talking on the Weather channel about no east bound travel INTO NJ startling later tonight. All xpressways will be running west bound on all lanes.

Watch it around Hagerstown. Those areas of MD, PA and WV often experience heavy flooding in these kinds of storms. It does NOT take a direct hit with those shallow rivers and steep valleys. I used to live in Glen Rock, PA. That town got hit HARD several times.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind stopping there...for gas... to get me farther :D

That's probably good enough, but I would be in Pittsburgh or somewhere...lol. I'm a chicken :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ok...You are NUTS!....*LOL*

On the flip side...you take care buddy...:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
2 skids 48x55x65 of "emergency battery pak sump pumpss"...lol, wonder way!?!?...And its looking better, even with stoppng for 4-5 hrs sleep, i should be in there around noon....so It is all good ...unless...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
2 skids 48x55x65 of "emergency battery pak sump pumpss"...lol, wonder way!?!?...And its looking better, even with stoppng for 4-5 hrs sleep, i should be in there around noon....so It is all good ...unless...:D

Heck with the sleep...go directly there...