Hurricane Run

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ovm wrote:

Heck with the sleep...go directly there...

yea iam thinkin this is a 3 red bull 3 five hour energy night...glad i 5 hour energy by the 24 pack and i just picked some up over the last weekend...:D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
ovm wrote:

yea iam thinkin this is a 3 red bull 3 five hour energy night...glad i 5 hour energy by the 24 pack and i just picked some up over the last weekend...:D

u musssst be in a traffic mess by now, omy, again, will there b anyone there to unload it??????????????????????

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
u musssst be in a traffic mess by now, omy, again, will there b anyone there to unload it??????????????????????

He has sump pumps..they must need them..so I suspect someone will be there...besides he'll be a whole 24 hrs ahead of the storm...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Judy and I did a Home Depot run to Austin TX...emergency back-up computers...JUST beat Gustav across I20...had a great tail wind tho...:D

1roaddog

Seasoned Expediter
Call me crazy but I have a T-Val load on monday at 0800 that picks up in Portsmouth, NH. and delivers to Greenvile,NC. Nyc will be shut down and my delivery point may not exist. I will reroute as needed and and be paid for the miles and or collect detention time. Could turn out to be a great paying nightmare.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stayed in Raleigh until about 5 pm today, it had just started raining at that point. I moved about 50 miles west to Haw River partly cloudy and 15 degrees warmer here than in Raleigh.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
At the Bloomsbury TA in west NJ. We went oos until the morning. Turned down at least 3 loads today headed to Virginia or into the path of the storm. Will probably move farther west in the morning. People here are a little worried. I imagine I-84 W will be busy tomorrow.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

rfields200

Seasoned Expediter
Hot and muggy here in Richmond. Traffic will be a nightmare on the east coast this weekend. Buses and rapid transit are being shut down Saturday. Thay have had record amounts of rain this year so all the rain from is going to cause a great deal of flooding. I wouldn't go any farther into the east coast just because of the nightmare traffic.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Now why would dispatch call an expediter to deliver in harms way,, I really have no words for a dumbaxx company doing such a thing,,now stupid is stupid, but that really is ,,,,there are now words for an arrogant company like that.........u know that is just rude, life endangerment and so on. was that enough? I love this job, sometimes....................

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey freights got to go where it has to go..I am hauling emergenvy sump pumps into and emergency center...the BOL sttes this is emergency freight and has to be delivered by 1700, i could have said no...its the risk you take...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some times I live in the country
Some times I live in town
Some times I take a great notion
To jump in the river and drown
-Lead Belly

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Hey freights got to go where it has to go..I am hauling emergenvy sump pumps into and emergency center...the BOL sttes this is emergency freight and has to be delivered by 1700, i could have said no...its the risk you take...

If ur ok with it, then ok,,b safe out there. I get excited over stuff sometimes, old age, bad dna, hairloss and soforth.:D

MCBuggyCo

Seasoned Expediter
I was heading west today on I-70 from the Washington/Baltimore area and I saw convoy after convoy of Utility trucks and tree trimmer trucks heading east. My hat is off to anyone willing to head into the storm.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter

props to you for taking the load, being new and adventurous, I'd have probably done the same thing.

I would recommend taking a 2 hr nap though, I think you would be much more restedand prepared to drive out of the rain storm that precedes the hurricanewith a bit of rest.

I know when I do Laredo runs that pick up in the evening, I find a 2 hr nap really recharges me and makes me much more alert for the last 8 hours.

Good luck. Take some pics on your way out if you can.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I think he will be fine IF he can get in there. I'm not sure what the options are if they have the Interstate shut down and everything running one direction. Good Luck and keep us posted when ya can.

expedite4520

Active Expediter
We took a load going to Long Island that delivers at 1300 tomarrow. We are at the Wal Mart 2 miles from delivery point. We are battening down the hatches, chocking our wheels, boarded up the windows, got our survival kit and are currently tied to a tree bracing for the storm. LOOK, ITS JIM CATCHATORY!!!! (Spelling last name right?!) NOT! Just kidding, we actually turned down the load from FDCC. Those of you actually going that way or who will be riding the storm out be safe and God Bless.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
2 skids 48x55x65 of "emergency battery pak sump pumpss"...lol, wonder way!?!?...And its looking better, even with stoppng for 4-5 hrs sleep, i should be in there around noon....so It is all good ...unless...:D

The main thing I was thinking about was getting back out with the evac/traffic. Hard to get gas food or whatever. Wish you luck.