Home For The Holidays?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I'm just wondering if you plan to be home for the Holidays or does it depend if you get a load "back to the house"?

Once you get home do you go out of service or stay available for a big load?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We will be going to Little Rock AR to our youngest daughters house for the holidays. She will be deploying the 29th to Iraq and we plan to spend as much time as possible with her. w will be out of service starting on the 21st. We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe ride home.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Each year we go out of service to be home for Christmas and go back into service after the family festivities are complete. A load would have to be very, very big to interrupt our Christmas. Christmas is for us, not for freight.

The soldier in our family (one of our nephews) will be home for Christmas too, only on the other end if a service obligation. He originally enlisted for a four year active duty hitch, which he served. MOS: 11B, Combat Infantryman. His plan was to serve the other four years of his 8 year obligation in the inactive reserves. The Iraq war stretched our military so thin that he got called back into acitive duty for four additional years. He spent some of that time stateside as an NCO training infantry soldiers. His overseas time was not in Iraq but in Kosovo as part of the peacekeeping force there. He is stateside now just a few weeks from being honorably discharged and out of harms way; which greatly relieves his family and makes Christmas 2006 that much more special.

TeamCaffee, may God keep a special eye on your daughter in Iraq and keep her safe.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We planned on being home (New Bern, NC) we have our 3 grown sons, and their families coming in. We also have parents, and a sister that are coming in. Guess where we've been for 4 days? Portland, OR !!! We've exhausted the load boards trying to get the heck out of here, and no luck. A 3000 mile deadhead is NOT going to be a good thing!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas......and above all BE SAFE in your travels :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I am home now, having had the water pump & brakes done on my van, but would take off in a heartbeat for a good load!
Last year, I needed to be home for Christmas, it was my first ever living alone in an apt, & my family all gathered round to make me feel loved - but this year, I think I can put on my big girl panties & get on with life. Merry Christmas to all, wherever you spend it...

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I have been home since Friday night and put the truck in the shop today for front end work. It will be ready tomorrow but I am going to take the rest of the week off and see my family on the 23rd and go back in service on the 24th.

Merry Christmas to all and be safe in your travels.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm going to be home trying to get my new son to catch a football. LOL

I posted a thread about Logan in the Loading Dock. He looks nothing like his daddy, cept for his huge shoulders, hands, and feet! ;)

I'll head out again after the first of the year. Gotta make good money this year, as that's another college fund to save up for. :7

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
Merry Christmas to everyone and I wish you all a safe journey home to be with your loved ones!

To Team Caffee and A Team: Please extend to your servicepeople my heartfelt appreciation for their service to their country.

Jeff

chuckwagon

Seasoned Expediter
Hawk -

We very seldom agree, but, gosh darn it, congrats on the litte one!

Just teach him how to play defense and my beloved Colts can use him!

Good luck to you and your family!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Going to be home for Chritmas this year and we are asking our Drivers to be home by Friday the 22 of Dec. No load is worth being away from home during the holidays. We had a team that got a load to Alaska over thanksgiving but it wasn't really worth it. If any of you get offered a load to Alaska during the winter months don't go for no less than $10,000.00 The roads are bad at this time of the year and it was so cold up their the front window cracked. merry Christmas Everyone and a Happy New Year.

langren18

Expert Expediter
We'll be home by the 22nd and won't be back on the road til after the 3rd. After that, we probably won't be home (northern WI) til the spring thaw and we hope for lots of southern runs!

Safe and Happy Holidays to all of you and your families!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
in memphis now but will be home by the 22nd,one way or another,wont be back til after the the 2nd of jan
hope all have a happy holiday

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm home most nights so I'll be home but in service since I don't go all that far.But as in the past I don't think I'll get called.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

hedgehog

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like several other drivers here, I am usually home most nights and after a family gathering Christmas Eve and Day, I'll be on call.

Hope everyone has a safe and prosperous '07.

Be safe

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Because most of my family lives in other states I usally take a load, hopefully in the direction of one of them.

I do remember getting stuck in Fayetteville NC one Xmas. Only thing open was Waffle House,so thats where I had Xmas dinner. YUK!

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

I am delivering to a wal-mart dc appointment says 8 am on the 23rd and it is 12 miles from my house so with the speed of the wal-mart lumpers I should make it home by midnight on the 24th after they rape me for $60 to unload. thats 10% of my load pay.thank you all for shopping the local fart-mart

JoeyandJudy

Expert Expediter
We're home now for the holidays. We're going to drive for a fleet owner after the holidays in a DR unit.

Joey and Judy
FedEx Custom Critical
D Unit for 3 years
B Unit for 1 year

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To Teamcaffee, Ateam, and all those with loved ones serving, they are appreciated more than they know.

To Cheri, this is a family forum, we really don't need to hear about your choice of underwear.

I'm leaving myself open to whatever may happen. Just getting home at some point during the holiday period will be fine.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Going home to see how much our new Grandson has grown! Also our son has graduated and is home from shool. And, fortunately as strange as it seems, everyone moved into our house in Nov. So we will be going home to a a full house! Priceless!

We'll have about as much room at home as we do in the truck!

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
>
>To Cheri, this is a family forum, we really don't need to
>hear about your choice of underwear.

HHHMMMMM was that really necessary?