Health Insurance - FDCC

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I had another thought maybe the letter came out while you were drivers and it went to owners only? I have no clue why you do not know about it or why you might not have received it. I have heard this is discussed in orientation but cannot verify that as it was not there when we went through orientation.

To go so far as to call someone a liar as you did not see something is going a tad far wouldn't you think?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah to state it never happened and then further on in say it might have but I may not have noticed lol.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
To go so far as to call someone a liar as you did not see something is going a tad far wouldn't you think?

Be careful, Linda, in how you read my words and what charges you level.

"Liar" did not appear in this thread until you wrote it. Questioning the facts is not the same thing as calling someone a liar.

While I am irritated by and pushing back against your questioning my memory, questioning the facts leaves you an out and leaves me room to admit that I was wrong (if the facts support that conclusion). If I wanted to call you a liar, I would have called you a liar. I did not call you a liar because I do not know you are lying. All I know at this point is that you cannot prove that the FCC health insurance program (whatever it is) was made "very public" (your words). And I know that Diane and I never received word of any such program.

Kindly note that it is not my style to call anyone a liar. If a questionable statement is made, I may question the statement but I will not question the person making it. One is a question of facts. The other is a question of character. Putting someone's character at issue changes the subject and leads nowhere. Statements can be proven or disproven far easier than character assertions. Keeping the focus on statements and off from character keeps things more civil and productive.

You are not being asked to explain why Diane and I did not hear of something or may not remember it. You are being asked to prove that word of a FCC health insurance program was made very public. You said it is so. How do you know? And how is anyone else to know who asks for more to go on than your recollection. If you wish to question my memory, yours becomes fair game too.

If you want to keep going down this road, I'll walk with you, but there is no need. My main interest is to learn what "access to health insurance" (as mentioned in FCC ads) means today and what other carriers offer in that regard.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Yeah to state it never happened and then further on in say it might have but I may not have noticed lol.

The statement you refer to above has been edited for clarity. "... it did not happen." has been changed to "... it did not happen that we were notified of any such program." The intended meaning of both statements is the same but made more clear now. Thank you for pointing this out.

lugnut1

Seasoned Expediter
If you want to question my memory, I'll reply by questioning the facts. If a "very public" announcement or announcemts were made, a record would exist. Seeing no evidence yet, my memory remains accurate and the burden falls on you to prove that the program (or whatever it is) was publicly announced.

Don't bother. The present statement "access to health insurance" is more pertinent to new people. But don't question my memory again before you can provide evidence that I have it wrong. I choose my words very carefully in this Open Forum and I don't make stuff up. You don't get to escape the burden of proof by sloughing it off on my memory. You are the one saying the program was made "very public." It is your statement to prove.

More to the point, I'm interested in learning more about what FCC means by "access to health insurance" today for reasons stated here.

I think it’s time to take another Hiatus from posting on the EO Phil. No individual on this form is less deserving of your petulant statement above than Linda of TeamCaffee. IMO

Azcot

Seasoned Expediter
I just want to say thank you to all who have responded and for the helpful information. It is much appreciated and very interesting as it appears that there is some truth to what we were told. We will do some further research in to this.

Once we get to orientation we will hopefully find out exactly what FDCC offers in regards to this and will post the information so that the facts can get sorted out...:D

I am sorry, I did not wish this to turn into an argument about what did or did not come out a few years ago...lets just 'beg to differ' and keep this friendly, shall we..?..:p

Thanks again..

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I believe its either their time of month or they ran out of Zanxi, or Riddlin. Either case these guys are always bouncing off the walls like Richard Simmons. Not to worry its all good. You want to get under their skin change the subject mid stream and they will start looking for their De Coder Rings and what not. But now being serious I had a friend that needed health INS however never got it as it cost outa pocket was to much. But thats the breaks for being a contractor vice an Employee.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is becoming an interesting topic. I'd like to hear more about what Express-1 and any other carriers do regarding health insurance.

Diane and I are frequently apprpoached or contacted by people who are considering expediting as a career and the health insurance question is frequently asked. I know that some expediters go the HSA route. If carriers are offering other programs that expediters find worthy, I'd be interested to learn more.

Had to find the card...it is PDIP...Professional Drivers Insurance Program....offered thru E-1...
JuJu and I still pay directly now....did come off our settlements when we were with E-1....
About Beech Street

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I wish that I would have be aware of insurance plans that could have available to us while driving FedEx wg straights for two different owners. It is one of the reasons we had to go somewhere else to drive. So maybe it went to the O/O and could have been shared or overlooked by same, but we were told No by both outfits we drove for. No health insurance available.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
We attended (FDCC) orientation in the spring of 2009 and there was no discussion or information made available regarding health insurance.

You would think that with all the brochures and FDCC has sitting on the counter outside the orientation room there would be something related to health insurance but we don't recall seeing it.

This is an interesting discussion. we followed the link that Phil provided and received a quick quote and ended up being able to compare five different plans from Lifewise.

Azcot

Seasoned Expediter
We followed the link that ATeam posted and it is great to able to see the different prices from each company. It was not as bad as we had first thought - still more expensive than a employee but that was to be expected...:D It all now depends on what one wants...

We will make a point to bring up health insurance in orientation and also mention FDCC adds in the trucking magazines and see what kind of response we get....:cool:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We will make a point to bring up health insurance in orientation and also mention FDCC adds in the trucking magazines and see what kind of response we get....:cool:

When will you be attending orientation?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
While you are in orientation take lots of notes. Get the instructors name and ask them if you can ask them questions by email after orientation. Your CC should have lunch with you and get to know them as well as you can. Get the CC's email as well. The CC or contractor coordinator will be your first link to the company. Ask lots of questions as there are no dumb questions.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We will be attending orientation this Monday - 24th Oct. It should be very interesting and we are looking forward to it.:)

Let us know if they bring up the health insurance or are you going to ask.

Enjoy your orientation. Keep in mind, once you are out there you are MORE than welcome to ask us for help. It is a good thing to help newbies avoid our mistakes! :D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ask your CC about health insurance or ask to talk to contractor relations about insurance.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ask your CC about health insurance or ask to talk to contractor relations about insurance.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to get some "oil" for my memory banks, they are freezing up. I meant to call yesterday but we had two runs. Forgot all about it until this thread popped back up.

Azcot

Seasoned Expediter
While you are in orientation take lots of notes. Get the instructors name and ask them if you can ask them questions by email after orientation. Your CC should have lunch with you and get to know them as well as you can. Get the CC's email as well. The CC or contractor coordinator will be your first link to the company. Ask lots of questions as there are no dumb questions.

Thank you for the advice, it is much appreciated and we be taking as many notes as possible...:)

Let us know if they bring up the health insurance or are you going to ask.

Enjoy your orientation. Keep in mind, once you are out there you are MORE than welcome to ask us for help. It is a good thing to help newbies avoid our mistakes!

We are going to ask about the insurance as we need to get something organized asap.

Thanks and we will be sure to ask - it is nice to have people who are happy to share as that is not always the case these days...thanks again.

We will try and get back online as soon as we are able and share any information we have about the health insurance issue..

Take care and be safe out there everyone....:)