headset (bluetooth)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Mcavoy, what part of IN are you from?
Thanks for the additional information, especially the part about the Expressway being too heavy for the earloop, but please, if there was ever a question that belongs in PM, that's it.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Not everyone keeps their hometown/state secret:p

Yea, that's what I thought. No big deal. Apparently turtle thinks he is more important now since he become moderator and all <snort>.

I'm in IN myself right now and Mcavoy could have pm'd me with his answer just as well. I was going to give him this old B250 that I have in the truck. It works fine and would get him through until he could afford a new one.

Oh well, too late for that now. I'm gonna go back to sleep and mind my own business. Thanks folks :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I suspect what Turtle means is that is totally off track and threads need to be kept more on topic than that so let's drift back towards topic. Thanks.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yea, that's what I thought. No big deal. Apparently turtle thinks he is more important now since he become moderator and all <snort>.
I say "please" and you come back with a personal shot? What's wrong with you?

If I thought I was more important now, I'd have just deleted your banter-inducing comment, and the banter that it induced, and gone about my business. It's the job of a moderator to keep threads on topic when members are unable to do so themselves. Apparently you think that's not important.

TMFGO45

Seasoned Expediter
Hands down the Jawbone Era. Noise canceling is unbeatable, and it can do everything from gps audio through the headset, to answering more than one phone. The best part, unlike these truck stop headsets, is that it is an in ear headset, which seals off sound so you can hear better, and it is loud. And everyone can hear me flawlessly. Best money I have ever spent in that department. Period.

Sent from my rooted DroidX running official Froyo, using Tapatalk!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Has anyone tried the Bose Bluetooth Headset? I know of one truck driver using the headset for the past two months and he is still thrilled with it. He is able to use the head set in the truck while driving and also get out of the truck and not look like a total dork.

I would like to use the same headset in the truck as out of the truck. I have had the Jawbone and no one could hear me while I was driving. The web site for the Bose is here:

Bose Bluetooth Headset - Bose Headsets and Headphones

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Has anyone tried the Bose Bluetooth Headset? I know of one truck driver using the headset for the past two months and he is still thrilled with it. He is able to use the head set in the truck while driving and also get out of the truck and not look like a total dork.

I would like to use the same headset in the truck as out of the truck. I have had the Jawbone and no one could hear me while I was driving. The web site for the Bose is here:

I tried the Jawbone Era, too, after I gave up on the Jawbone II, and it did not work for me. For some people those earpiece headsets just don't work, and I guess I'm one of them. I haven't tried the Bose model, and I'm reluctant to spend that much again on yet another headset that I can't use, especially now that I've found the BlueParrot and it works as well as it does.

I do use the BlueParrot both in and out of the truck. I find that I pretty much look like a dork whether I'm wearing it or not.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Don't worry Turtle, I think that everyone wearing a bluetooth looks like a dork, at least when walking around:rolleyes:

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
...Then one day I got the Droid and it dawned on me yet another day my vehicle is Bluetooth ready. Paired them up, now I have handsfree calling with a push of a steering wheel button. No headset. This particular Bluetooth system works great. Out of the vehicle I have no use for the headset.

One thing about Bluetooth: when the system is not in use, turn your phone's Bluetooth off, as it will eat away at your phone's battery charge.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I tried the Jawbone Era, too, after I gave up on the Jawbone II, and it did not work for me. For some people those earpiece headsets just don't work, and I guess I'm one of them. I haven't tried the Bose model, and I'm reluctant to spend that much again on yet another headset that I can't use, especially now that I've found the BlueParrot and it works as well as it does.

I do use the BlueParrot both in and out of the truck. I find that I pretty much look like a dork whether I'm wearing it or not.

Well I as well look like a dork as I am not going to hang up when talking with someone and put on my ear bud.

I am also reluctant to spend the money on another ear bud headset and not be able to hear or have people not hear me. We are using the Siverado (I think that is the name) right now and we have about worn them out. There batteries are amazing and are still amazing after over a year of use.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

Im gonna hve to watch what I buy,,,if there is a total dork, can people in here be a half dork or one third dork.lol:D

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nope this is not a half way deal it is a total are nothing. The boom sticking up in the air above a persons head is the first clue...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The expressway was sounding good until it turned out to not reliably pair and switch with two phones and also doesn't hold on the ear well. The 250 is no good for me since it won't do two phones. Maybe I'll look at a jawbone when it's time to replace again or the newer model Plantronics.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I tried the Jawbone Era, too, after I gave up on the Jawbone II, and it did not work for me.

Jawbone didn't work for me, either - it couldn't overcome the noisy truck sounds.
For some people those earpiece headsets just don't work, and I guess I'm one of them.

Opposite, here: can't stand over the head sets.

I haven't tried the Bose model, and I'm reluctant to spend that much again on yet another headset that I can't use, especially now that I've found the BlueParrot and it works as well as it does.

I would def spend the money, but the Bose is right ear only. Plus, I believe it's intended more for 'audiophiles' than for noisy environments.
Best one I found is the Blue Ant: small, [not inexpensive, either] but crystal clear sound, even in the noisy truck.
Sadly, I managed to lose the lil darling, and the link provided by Freightshaker shows it out of stock, or I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

If dork means knowledgeable, we need more of them - lots more. ;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's an option:

funny-pictures-cell-phone-dork-dhD.jpg