Veteran Expediter
Here's an option:

funny-pictures-cell-phone-dork-dhD.jpg

Ouchie
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd say surely that's photoshop but then I've seen a thing or two that suggest there are people that stupid.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why look like a dork when you can look cool with this dual function headset with BlackChock™ technology. When not making phone calls this headset does double duty as a chainless wheel chock. Safety first!
IMG_0316.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why look like a dork when you can look cool with this dual function headset with BlackChock™ technology. When not making phone calls this headset does double duty as a chainless wheel chock. Safety first!
IMG_0316.jpg

But Wait! Call now and moot will double the offer. :D :p

OldGuy

Active Expediter
/\ That's a great picture "moot", I've seen a few laughable 'hands free' devices, mostly giant rubber bands! :rolleyes:

I got my first pay check today. I need to invest in some safety equipment. I need to get a blue tooth headset for my phone. Dispatch can never hear me, my phone sucks, I can barely hear them.

But more importantly, I need my hands free while I'm driving.

Anyone got any good recommendations? I really don't want to spend $100 for the ones that you see at the truck stops. I'm cheap. But I do need to invest in one.

Anyone got any recommendations, keepers or brands to stay away from?

I highly recommend the BlueParrot Xpressway BlueTooth Headset. I can relate to what the Moderator Turtle said, I've had many head sets and have spent hundreds over the years trying new things. I've had Jawbones, over the head and behind the neck. So far nothing competes with being able to change from over the head to over the ear.

The major selling point for me was the noise cancellation and having the ability to control how it sits upon my head. Both of these are major comfort factors, both for the person I'm calling and for myself. I've had a few close calls in my life and they've left me with some scar tissue around my ears and the back of my skull so the Expressway Headset "XPRESSWAY" was a godsend when I found it.

If you have any questions about this head set I'm sure I can answer a few if not all of them.

I've spent $100 several times on a Bluetooth headset. I've had two different kinds of Jawbones, half a dozen different Motorolas, Plantronics and several others, all told probably 12-15 different headsets in all price ranges, easily $1000 or more over the years. The ones with the little 2 inch boom that rests on your cheek to cancel nose work great as long as your face is as smooth as a baby's bottom, but as soon as you get two days of beard on there the noise canceling stops working. I'd get those where I'd have it on my cheek to where they could hear me fine, but the part that goes in my ear wouldn't be in my ear, and when I get it in my ear where I could hear them, they couldn't hear me. Driving down the road with a cracked window, forget it.

Finally, I abandoned "small, sleek and stylish geek" and went for "utilitarian spaz" with a BlueParrott® B250-XT. It's an over-the-head design with an over-the-ear speaker and a boom mic. You can roll down the window and people will never know it. I've gotten fuel several times while standing next to a big truck with the engine and reefer blaring away, and people had no idea I'd even gotten out of the truck. That's impressive. It's got a 16 hour talk time and about a 6 day stand-by time on a charge. It looks and feel cheap, but it's not. I've had mine for two years. It's about $70 or $80 depending on where you buy it, and for my money, considering all the money I've spent on these things, it's worth twice the price. Because it works.

The other Blue Parrot is the BlueParrott Xpressway™, which is essentially the same as the B250-XT insofar as noise canceling and talk time and stuff, but it comes in interchangeable designs where you can wear it with the same over-the-head design as the B250-XT, or a behind-the-neck design, or an on-the-ear earloop design. It's about $20 more than the B250-XT.

Last edited:

OldGuy

Active Expediter
BlueTiger eh. I've seen a few of those over the years, they're a decent brand from what I've seen.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
BlueTiger eh. I've seen a few of those over the years, they're a decent brand from what I've seen.

I think the blue tiger has overtaken the blue parrot in qaulity and battery charge life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I think the blue tiger has overtaken the blue parrot in qaulity and battery charge life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

We love our blue tiger. The sound quality is so much better, and the battery life phenomenal.
We went through three blue parrots in a year and a half.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a little Motorola ear thing that I don't like. I have problems with the 3 little buttons for volume and answering the phone. Does the Blue Tiger have larger controls and is it sold at T/A's? I've got some money left on a T/A gift card and need a real headset.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I have a little Motorola ear thing that I don't like. I have problems with the 3 little buttons for volume and answering the phone. Does the Blue Tiger have larger controls and is it sold at T/A's? I've got some money left on a T/A gift card and need a real headset.

The small volume buttons are out of the way, the large answer/call button is easily accessible

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Due to a slight delay in my start up as Expedite Driver.....I now have time to get a headset in here. Looking at the Zelher P20 as a serious contender for the Parrot. Cost is a slight issue and the P20 comes in at 30.00 less on the website.

Just starting out and need a headset for the Samsung Rugby. I just need something that works, and when choosing most things, I stay in the middle of the road. I can go top of the line later and it's a crap shoot out there anyway (in all things).

Anyone comment on the P20?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No experience with the P20. I use the Blue Parrot. It's tried and true. Half the truckers walking around inside the truck stops have the Blue Parrots on. There's a reason for that. I think there are probably one or two out there that are just as good (long talk time, awesome noise cancellation), but none are likely any better. I think the Blue Tiger was recently mentioned as being good.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Turtle. Went ahead and purchased the P20 and it will be here in time to try out before I hit the road. Reviews from truckers have it ranked pretty high, and near the same level as the Parrot. Came down to price and my overhead for schooling, supplies, etc did have a bearing.

One good thing? I'll be able to give some feedback on this thread. Not sure what good it will do with nothing to compare with....but I'll give an opinion on the unit purchased. Can always swoop in on the Parrot later.