Heading out into the unknown.....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
A good resource to carry with you is "The Next Exit". You can find the book at Camping World or Flying J. It lists businesses and services available at the interstate exits.

Thanks for the recommendation I will look into that !!

But Jball I wish nothing but the best for ya. Post back here once you get settled in the sprinter and give us a update on how you like things. First few weeks your gonna feel lost and im about 99.95% of others was to including myself. After orientation I was at the Ta truck stop near by wondering what now what the heck do I do? Takes a little time to get adjusted to road life and the aspect of the business. Getting the feel how shippers and receivers do things.

But to add to the packing list bring anything you think you may need. Next time your home you can always add or take away anything not needed. But what I did was make a list when I think of something I needed so I wouldnt forget. The company will probably try to pack every inch full of freight at times so keep that in mind.

But dont hesitate to ask for help from us !!

jball64

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks to all...and i do mean all...for the learning experience and the tips that i have gotten so far...i get all that your saying and next time...i promise...we wont have to go this route again...

btw...which does work better?? 2 batteries or 4?? just kidding...just kidding....thanks again....

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
As stated there are some threads about what have on the road. One thing I don't think was mentioned was safety equipment. Sometimes you can borrow from the customer. But you don't know who has used it before. Also it makes a better impression to arrive prepared. I have seen the next exit book at Cracker Barrel. Good Luck! Jerry Lee

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
More batteries always work better. Whatever load you put on the batteries will be spread out amongst all of the batteries, lessening the strain on each individually, and increasing the total available amps from the bank as a whole. More being better has a practical limit, of course, since 3000 pounds of batteries would be killer to any load hauling capacity.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I was just reminded of something you may not think of having handy: money for tolls. [In Ok, at the booth with no attendant, just a basket requiring exact change.] I had to raid the little bag of quarters I keep for laundry, and it made me think about how we don't think about things like that after awhile. I have an EZ Pass [and highly recommend it], so I don't worry too much about tolls, and if I run low on cash, [because I hate paying the ATM fees] it could be an uh oh kind of thing, no doubt.

guido4475

Not a Member
Wal-Mart sells a nicely equipped first-aid kit for around $10.00,in a plastic case.It is actually required in a CMV.May come in handy some day,unfortunately.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wal-Mart sells a nicely equipped first-aid kit for around $10.00,in a plastic case.It is actually required in a CMV.May come in handy some day,unfortunately.

Too bad we are not a CMV..and the kits are good for what? a sliver from a pallet or skinned knee from changing a flat?*LOL*

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
My thoughts would be to pack light, take the bare minimum. Your in a van. If you need something just drop by a wally world and get it.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I keep mine right beside the fire extinguisher:rolleyes:

I've got a Walmart first aid kit that I added some things to. And I do actually keep it next to one of my two fire extinguishers. Also got my hard hat, safety glasses and safety vest in there. Antibacterial wipes are a good item to have... a rain coat... saw horses.... miter box.... lathe and a bandsaw....

That should keep you busy in your downtime.

fired at you from my Droideka