happy july.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And good afternoon to all. Headed back to Detroit.

Proud to announce that Load One was awarded 2nd place "TEANA Company of the Year"! This is a really great award to us. It is voted on by our competitors, and carrier partners. It shows that Load One is a carrier that they respect, trust, and can count on! Thank you to all of our drivers in helping to make that possible. These awards are part of what delivers more freight for our owner operators! Thank you to a great team!!!! I believe this makes 5 consecutive years that Load One has been a top 3 finisher!

As well congratulations to our good friends and partners at C&M for winning first place!

Last edited:
W

Windsor

I was going to try and buy tenntruckers ST but then I remembered I didn't have any money. I hate when I do that!

guido4475

Not a Member
Somethings you never forget. When I was about to start with Load One, I had a phone type interview to address some concerns L1 had with me signing on. The concern, which was understandable, was that I was at my last carrier for only 3 months. During that time, I was running ST team with pay that would have made a burger flipper cringe :eek:

The interview went well, but I will never forget the ending comment I received. "Please try to stay longer then 3 months". Well today I'm pleased to say I am celebrating my 3 Year anniversary with Load One. I can honestly say, there has never been one day, that I ever seriously thought about leaving. Load One has changed my life so much for the better. I could not even imagine wanting to be anywhere else :eek:

I can honestly say that I feel the same way about Load One. My life, not only financially, but every other aspect as well, including my quality of life, has been altered severely for the better since coming to Load One. Even my now girlfriend, who was once my fiance' back in 05, cannot believe how much more relaxed and goal focused on long term things I have become from the person I used to be back than. If a person comes here from another carrier, the best thing they can do is leave what they were taught from the old carrier(s) behind them, any grudges, bad habits, etc, and let Load One transform them. I can go on and on about this, but it has been a busy day again, and even thought the new generator is now on the van and generating real nice, other things have surfaced that need to be taken care of before I can leave out....what is really hitting me hard right now is Dad- even though on oxygen, the use of this week's delivered walker has helped him get around the house, but now, even that is not enough, and I am taking him through the house via wheelchair...I have seen his health hit the crapper within the 8 days I have been home, and there's nothing I can do about it..Even though I need to get back on the road, In a sense I am afraid to leave Mom home alone with Dad in the shape he is in...I just have a bad feeling about all of this...But thank God I am able to spend quality time with him thus far, as we have had some real deep and intense conversations lately.. Porch conversations can always be the best...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
4 Sprinters in the Memphis area, Zero in Nashville..... I don't get it. Guess their tires has melted them "stuck". Either that, or they miss being Laredo bunnies. :cool:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning all. House closings and major moving done. One more trip to the city dump today then a farewell to the old house. I am flat out exhausted and my blisters literally have blisters. The new house is so filled up with my stuff it's ridiculous (even after a major down sizing), all I have is a pathway right now. The unpacking is going to be a trip :rolleyes:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Heading to laredo need to check Windsor and guidos mail.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
QUALCOMM is down!!!! Waiting on update and eta to resolution.

I thought it was me lol.. No messages goin thru. There was a cell tower fire close to me this morn.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
With all of the Qualcomm issues as of late. Maybe they should give us a break on our fees? ;)

Well that would be nice. But generally it isn't really Qualcomm. The wide world of the internet and ISP providers and that is generally what really goes down and causes the problem. That is honestly outside of their control.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I remember when the QCs went down at Panther for 2 or 3 weeks. They went down because the IT Einstein at Panther decided to do some software and hardware upgrades without having a rollback plan. Think they gave us a break on fees? Newp.

guido4475

Not a Member
Good morning all. House closings and major moving done. One more trip to the city dump today then a farewell to the old house. I am flat out exhausted and my blisters literally have blisters. The new house is so filled up with my stuff it's ridiculous (even after a major down sizing), all I have is a pathway right now. The unpacking is going to be a trip :rolleyes:

Alcohol seems to help in situations such as yours.