Give Peace A Chance

Jayman

Expert Expediter
You mean like how Dad Bush, Billy Clinton, and George W gave peace a chance and the UN about 12 yrs to solve the problem in Iraq?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
PeaRally2007.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The one third from the right, with no sign, kinda creeps me out.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The video reminded me of a protest song from National Lampoon's "Radio Dinner" album.

Give Ireland back to the Irish
Give Lapland back to the Laps
Give China back to the Chinese
and Yoko back to the Japs.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
You mean like how Dad Bush, Billy Clinton, and George W gave peace a chance and the UN about 12 yrs to solve the problem in Iraq?

Nope. I mean give peace a chance. No war in Iran. Bring our boys and girls home now. That kind of peace.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope. I mean give peace a chance. No war in Iran. Bring our boys and girls home now. That kind of peace.

If you were in the first gulf war, then you have a perspective of what is really going on, more than what many are fed by the media.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
If you were in the first gulf war, then you have a perspective of what is really going on, more than what many are fed by the media.

See you used "if" and that is just wrong.

This is what makes your comments so lame.

I am a vet and don't try to take that away from me, ok.

I have a perspective of no soldier glorifies war. Have you been in war? Have you served during war? Have you?

So next time do not spout off with IF.

I am, I was, and will be a Gulf War Veteran. You cannot take my experience away from me. The only thing you can do is make stupid assumptions and show how ignorant you really are.

Peace is patriotic.

Dissent is patriotic.

I served to preserve those rights. So whoever wants to protest can.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Then you'll know our 'victory' in the Gulf War was a diplomatic one, right? Like Jayman said, it took the UN 12 years of a screwed up diplomacy, and back room dealing and corruption, before someone stepped up to the plate and did what should've been done in Sandbox Part I.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Peace is patriotic.

Dissent is patriotic.

I served to preserve those rights. So whoever wants to protest can.

There you go, redefining patriotism.

Sorry but I respect your service to a point.

The point I am making is not about your service and the IF is there for a reason - it is about knowing the culture of the region that you were in.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter

The point I am making is not about your service and the IF is there for a reason - it is about knowing the culture of the region that you were in.

Oh please. Wake up.

Maybe you can enlighten me since you were there. Oh, I am sorry you weren't. So keep watching the news telling you lies.

This is what I call spreading hate. Why? Because it is not a culture war. You are making it as such.

That is funny because we were suppose to be fighting so-called terrorist. Where were they? Where are they now?

This war was a lie. Just read about the Bay of Pigs and the real Pearl Harbor.

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter

Actually isn't freedom and peace what patriots strive for? Is it not what we fight to attain?

So who is redefining it?

ratwell71

Veteran Expediter
Then you'll know our 'victory' in the Gulf War was a diplomatic one, right? Like Jayman said, it took the UN 12 years of a screwed up diplomacy, and back room dealing and corruption, before someone stepped up to the plate and did what should've been done in Sandbox Part I.

There is no victory to be had in war. War is not a game. There are no winners.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
There is no victory to be had in war. War is not a game. There are no winners.

If that's your opinion, then why volunteer? I'm sure most who served, or are serving, have a different opinion.

Sure it's a game. It's a strategic chess match. Ever play Risk? Axis and Allies? We place our pieces, intend our invasions, then let the war gods roll the dice. War is needed. As long as there are differences in opinion, religion, or other, there will be war. As long as humans are human, there will be war.

Have you ever been to a Civil War battlefield? Have you heard the ghosts as you've envisioned the battle? It's an eerie feeling... and also eerily beautiful. Wars serve their purpose. They have steered our history, in both good ways and bad. More than anything, they advance society with invention, courage, and PATRIOTISM. Strange as it may sound, we may not be here without war.