Get a fan

ihamner

Expert Expediter
If you have not purchased a small fan yet now is the time to do so. We bought a small fan (not the clip on kind but one that sits on the counter or floor) from WalMart. It is amazing how much it helps keep the air circulating in the sleeper. Our a/c doesn't run nearly as much when the fan circulates the air. Lots of times we can even sit with the windows open and the fan blowing without turning on the a/c. It is all about comfort AND saving fuel!

Reactions: 1 person

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep...we got one..It's like made for this Sprinter...12" sits on the dash perfectly and strong enought to make a BIG difference....

Walmart of course....

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
Walmart fan in my van. I had a clip on, but it broke when it fell. Now I have a small house type fan, and it not only works well, but it hardly puts a drain on my battery either.

Oh yeah, the espar fan only mode is good too.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Esapr heater in fan-only mode. Works great. :)

Holy crap....it's awake!!!*LOL* But his typing is backwards!! Thats ESPAR....fingers are quicker then the brain!

If the ESPAR is on the floor? How does it blow the air around?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Esapr. hehe Too funny. I guess that tells you how awake I actually am.

"If the ESPAR is on the floor? How does it blow the air around?"

Give me a few minutes to get dressed (I'm always nekkid in the van, ya know), and I'll show ya.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Esapr. hehe Too funny. I guess that tells you how awake I actually am.

"If the ESPAR is on the floor? How does it blow the air around?"

Give me a few minutes to get dressed (I'm always nekkid in the van, ya know), and I'll show ya.

TMI!!!!.....:p

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Definitions:

Naked: You ain't got no clothes on!

Nekkid: You ain't got no clothes on, and you're up to somethin'

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Definitions:

Naked: You ain't got no clothes on!

Nekkid: You ain't got no clothes on, and you're up to somethin'

36_1_47.gif

Laredo.png

36_1_47.gif

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
hope you got shorts withya yurtle. here in racine it is still winterspring in the backyard at 50 something. got 1 mile west and it is 75 and shorts weather.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have the Fantastiic Vent also in the roof and this combined with a fan sitting on the counter really keeps the truck cool. We found that if we have the Fantastic Vent running and if it shuts due to rain without the fan on the counter the sleeper would immediatly get to hot. The fan also seems to really help when it is very hot outside and the Rig Master is struggling.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I love the fantastic vent! We also use a small Walmart fan on the counter top to help with the A/C. Sometimes it's just so hot outside that the sleeper A/C just can't keep up. In the summertime, we keep the sleeper curtain closed and that helps, but it feels like ....to the BAT CAVE!! LOL

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
If Walmart we're running for president within this post they would have a lock in the primaries so far. Walmart fan here too

Reactions: 1 person

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Espar Heater Fans: Works Great? Well I would not give it that rating, it does move some air on the floor but nothing compared to a $12.00 14 inch fan. Not even close unless its really cool outside and than why would you need to use a fan?

There is an APU on my truck it was probably 90F in N.C. today come 6PM I came back to the truck after dinner, parked away from the Sun and the fan will work very well as its suppost to be in the low 60s tonight. No APU at a third of a gallon an hour. Paid for dinner thanks to this cool wave.

The Fantastic Fan now thats a AIR MOVER, fans are OK and will save money on moderate days, but once its in the mid 80s these trucks/vans turn into Microwaves and use that Phrase instead of Ovens cause Ovens take a while to heat up, these will bake instantly in the heat.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We had a Fantastic Fan for a few years before it finally died. :( We found this little 12 inch Lakewood fan at Walmart and it moves some air!!

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 62

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The reason we first got a fan was due to the Fantastic Vent. When it starts raining the dang things shuts and it would get to stuffy in the truck. We found out quickly with our fan that the truck actually cools down faster and we can stay cooler so it ends up running most of the summer.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
do what my roommate and I did in 29 Palms, CA in July when our barracks a/c went out. Take a t-shirt and get it damp with cold water. Put it on the fan while the fan is on. It will cool things off better than nothing.

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Hi everyone well I've been using a house 12-14' fans for years.It really moves the air around the whole truck and like most have said it uses very little power.

*Turtle I saw the article about walmart and i really believe walmart is BAD for the country in a lot of ways...

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
The Fantastic Fan now thats a AIR MOVER, fans are OK and will save money on moderate days, but once its in the mid 80s these trucks/vans turn into Microwaves and use that Phrase instead of Ovens cause Ovens take a while to heat up, these will bake instantly in the heat.

try living in a dark blue van with no vent. close takes on a new meaning. as soon as the sun is over the trees jack is awake. found a nice tree yesterday is c'see parking lot and got 2 hrs sleep when the yard jockey came over and sounded the horn. very funny fella. and i still had another hour to go under the maple. o well. gonna look at a fantastic fan. got a line on a portable ac unit and a tray for the hitch receiver. next is a gen. i mean to sleep in the day time!!