Get a fan

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
I had a roof vent fan on my van with a goofy looking hood over it that protected it from the rain. I could drive or sit in pouring rain with nary a drop coming into the van. My van looked like a shark with a VERY fat fin, but it kept the rain out. Fan would take air in as well as exhaust. Got it from a camper/motorhome supply place.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
FanTastic vents have a lifetime warranty. I broke a lid; they sent me a new one at no charge. I had a failed lid motor on another van and they sent me a new one of those also. Don't give up on the FanTastic; give them a call.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I have a MaxxFan:

MaxxFan RV Ventilation

The thing that I like about it is that you can leave it open and running when it's raining out and the rain won't come in. Now that it's been relocated towards the rear of the vehicle (since I installed the AC unit over the bunk), I only wish I had gotten the motorized model, rather than the one you have to open manually.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And for heaven sakes rookies...the foil windshield thingee goes on the outside!! It's great on the inside in the winter to keep in the heat, but in the summer OUTSIDE....I use a bungee cord attached to each mirror to hold it down....this keeps the glass cool on the inside...It reflects the heat of the sun BEFORE the glass....don't believe me? put your hand on the top of the windsheild it's like a blow oven up there heat pours over the top.....:D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Awwww .... I dunno OVM ..... mine seems to work pretty good on the inside .... besides what happens if I have it on the outside and it rains while I'm sleeping - or someone decides they would like a free window covering ? :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like RLENT's, my foil windshield covering isn't one of the cheap ones from Wal Mart. It's nearly $100. Those cheap ones probably do need to be on the outside, cause they'll let too much heat in. Mine, newp. It's a thermal barrier that came directly out of NASA.

Not gonna put that one on the outside to get rained on, or stolen. Last thing I want to do it wake up to a crowd looking through my naked windows at me laying there on the bunk.

I sleep nekkid, ya know. :eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like RLENT's, my foil windshield covering isn't one of the cheap ones from Wal Mart. It's nearly $100. Those cheap ones probably do need to be on the outside, cause they'll let too much heat in. Mine, newp. It's a thermal barrier that came directly out of NASA.

Not gonna put that one on the outside to get rained on, or stolen. Last thing I want to do it wake up to a crowd looking through my naked windows at me laying there on the bunk.

I sleep nekkid, ya know. :eek:

Rlent, turtle I know you big money makin Sprinter owners have nuthin but money and I seen your expensive shades...I was referring to the rookies who can only afford them cheap ones (like I use). cuzz I am cheap.
An image of ya nekked before breakfast is like...eeeech! *LOL*