garmin dezl 760

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My Garmin 760 DEZL is 3 month's old and ithe sound went out on it the speaker icon shows it's on and the volume shows full but no sound will try to get ahold of tech support.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That happened to us today after I had muted and un-muted it.

We went to where you pick a voice. Picked a voice and it's been working fine.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Mine is messing up as well. It locks up alot and the maps freeze up and I have to go back and hit view map again just to let it fix itself. Im thinking about buying another one and sending this one back.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That happened to us today after I had muted and un-muted it.

We went to where you pick a voice. Picked a voice and it's been working fine.

Zorry thanks tech suppport didn't even know about that they said my speaker was blown and to send it in.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The voice commands are one of the few things I like about mine. I also like the lane assist. It is LOUSY for pre planning routes and I cannot STAND not being able to turn off the reroute thing. Can't set the time to stay on EST/EDT either. Not a user friendly system. It's OK. That's about it. Not worth the asking price in my book, then again, none of them are.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
We like that ours shows delivery in Eastern time.
I do not like it as much as the 465, but I hope it's because I haven't devoted any time to learn how it works.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'll look tomorrow. It may have been a default setting . I really don't remember,but it saves a lot of needless thinking.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just googled it and found this video. It appears that all you need to do is deselect the "automatic" feature and adjust the time accordingly. I would think that once you do this and set the time, the eta would be calculated from that time setting. As in, if you set the time to est, your eta will be shown in est...even if your on the left coast. Tutorial - Units and Time Settings in the Garmin dezl 760 Trucking GPS - YouTube

MANY DOEMOES!! (that's thanks in slang Japanese)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I have found..at least on my ancient, but seemingly bulletproof, nuvi750...that the settings you want are likely in there somewhere. It's just a matter of understanding how to activate them. It also helps to remember how you did it....so you can reverse it...lol. I have found that sometimes I didn't want what I thought I wanted ..... once I got it..lol. This can be applied to many, many things in life... :D .... :thumbup:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did talk with Garmin customer service, for what that was worth, they said that I could NOT turn off the reroute. Then again, they also said I could not have the time fixed on EST either. Garmin has never been known for good customer service.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I did talk with Garmin customer service, for what that was worth, they said that I could NOT turn off the reroute. Then again, they also said I could not have the time fixed on EST either. Garmin has never been known for good customer service.
I was looking at some of the settings earlier.

Have you messed with the "avoidance" features?

Have you/do you know how to... pick and set via points on the map by touching it and picking a point?

I'm at a Pilot, I may go inside in a bit and play around with one...IF they have one available.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was looking at some of the settings earlier.

Have you messed with the "avoidance" features?

Have you/do you know how to... pick and set via points on the map by touching it and picking a point?

I'm at a Pilot, I may go inside in a bit and play around with one...IF they have one available.

I have but it is a total pain. It should be EASY to preplan a route.

They claim one can make a route on an online source and up load it but I have yet to try that. It would be SO EASY to make a couple of minor changes to these units and make them user friendly. It bugs me when programs tell me how I want to use the unit I buy.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As with most anything else, once you learn how to do it, it is easy.

Layoutshooter + Iphone = mushroom cloud

I am learning how to use it and it is STILL a pain. Inputting a route should be SIMPLE. One should not have to go through all kinds of garbage to do so. One should be able to input a route, without using detours, avoidance, multiples stops or any other "tricks". Once in, you SHOULD be able to turn of the recalc so you don't lose it or have to listen to the electric witch screaming at you to turn around when you need to stop for fuel.

I don't know if your older model inputs the same as this one or not. Have you tried the Dezl yet?

As to the Iphone, PURE USELESS JUNK! I want my dumb phone back. In fact, I want an even DUMBER phone. I have no NEED for a handheld computer, with a camera, that plays songs. I just need a PHONE. I don't need the added expense either. Any idea how many fishing licenses I can buy if I did not have those added charges? TOTAL waste of my time, effort and very hard earned wages. Other than that they are too big and they suck.

I find it AMAZING that one cannot get what one wants or needs. One can ONLY get what THEY want you do have.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
MANY DOEMOES!! (that's thanks in slang Japanese)
Have you tried deselecting "automatic"? Does it seem to be working?

My nuvi750 actually has an EST setting and thus can be left on auto. It updates itself for daylight saving time. I'm guessing that since your having to kill the auto function to stay on EST that you will have to reset the time twice a year. Perfect day to find out :thumbup: