garmin dezl 760

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if your going to buy a new garmin delz 760 hold off a bit they have a soft ware problem. doesn't have city, zip code and some of street don't show up
but if you have it on show's you there
i have request in for a fix
if you have garmin 465t this is better unit at moment

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you have a problem call 800 800 1020 and them tell or email them
if people call and say they have a promblem
that will help fix it

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I have the 465T and I love this unit, I was planning on buying a DZL but had not decided on which one...mainly for the Fuel reporting, state by state etc...If It didnt burn up my batterys in my phone so often Id use the Google NAV program its been flawless so far....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've read good reviews on it. This is the first I've heard of a problem. FWIW, the first thing I do with a new GPS is hook it up to the Garmin website and get any updates and patches available.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Big Cat,I had a very early PC Miler and it was horrible.
It would tell me to exit the interstate miles from any exit. After two weeks I took it back. Decided I would never buy a non-Garmin GPS again.
I imagine ALK solved their early problems and hope you have better luck with yours.
There's a 760 Dezl in my future.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ok i bought a 760 a few days ago.. replacing a rand 720... seems to be working fine... BUT I was sitting and doing some snooping around the web site and found custom voices I could buy.... I now get my driving directions from HOMER SIMPSON !!!! To funny

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
problem is if you put in 1101 sandford dr in henrico va will not come up
so i call garmin and they worked 2 hours updating maps and after that still didn't come up
i like all details it has, but for me this is a problem
hopefully they will be abe to fix software problem

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every GPS I have ever owned has certain addresses that do not work... that is when you call the people at the address and get something that does work. My rand 720 did not even find the street in henrico let alone the address..

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I have found that when a GPS can't find an address it's usually entered wrong.
Not always,but often.
Sometimes it's not in the city limits. Sometimes our instructions will tell us to enter a different city name if using a GPS.
The best thing the Fed does is often giving us the latitude and longitude.
Works everytime.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
address show's up on the 465t and one other gps i keep as a spare
the expert's couldn't find it to

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Big Cat,I had a very early PC Miler and it was horrible.
It would tell me to exit the interstate miles from any exit. After two weeks I took it back. Decided I would never buy a non-Garmin GPS again.
I imagine ALK solved their early problems and hope you have better luck with yours.
There's a 760 Dezl in my future.

The 465 on more than one occasion had me trying to take restricted routes. Then constantly telling me that it was unconfirmed if it was a truck route it was trying to send me down.

PCMiler I have had no problems at all with. Accurate down to the last 1/10th of a mile.

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I had a 465t it worked fine in fact the wife uses it now. I have used a lot of garmin products. They are the best gps because of the navtech software the use. But you must sign on to garmin Web site and update the system software. My 465t had at least 10+ updates in its time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
found out what the problem was you have to spell it right
took abit to find that out now it works find

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Thanks. I don't think of e-bay/amazon.
My six year old told me many years ago "hey Dad, It's the 20th century !"