Garden Corner

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The garden is completely planted and watered now..gosh am I tuckered out!

And I put away the greenhouse for another year.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you needed help ..Ken could of used the tractor. ...lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1400536924579.jpg
    1400536924579.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 34

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Rain predicted for 8 out of 10 days..= muddy garden and weeds growing wild and tall wet grass..could be a challenge.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Pulling the grass, dandelions and weeds out of the flower beds this morning since the garden is too muddy to get into. My glads are finally up as are the iris's and the daffodils. And the peonies are about to bloom. Lilacs, apricots and pears are/were blooming. I reseeded some green beans yesterday in my bare feet since the mud would have sucked my shoes off..always keep the garden hose handy..lol

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sure hope my apple trees get some good growth this year..between the 8 month winter and the deer nibbling they've gotten off to a slow start. This rainy period might just be what the doctor ordered.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The rhubarb is ready and the recipes are running wild..just pulled and cut 6 cups of rhubarb for this one.

Rhubarb Delight

2 c. graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp. butter, melted...
8 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
4 c. Cool Whip
6 c. chopped rhubarb
3 c. sugar
7 c. water, divided
3/4 c. clear jel
6 oz. cherry Jell-O

Mix graham crumbs and melted butter and press into 9" x 13" pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip. Spread on graham crust. Cook rhubarb, sugar and 6 c. water until rhubarb is almost soft, but not mushy. Mix clear jel with 1 c. cold water. Add to rhubarb mixture and cook on medium heat till thickened, stirring gently. Add Jell-O. Cool. Pour on top of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Ah the sweet reward of the first tomato of the season... And oh was it tasty! And it was a Black Krim. Also have had several of the Walla Walla onions and they are so good I'll never plant another variety.