Garden Corner

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Wow! Just pulled a 4 cubic foot wheelbarrow full of walla walla onions today... Guess who's having sautéed onions for supper! :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
10603600_10152495336635753_514993043285795894_n.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Got a bumper crop of garlic and I'm going to try this. Roasted Garlic
This is my absolute favorite way to enjoy garlic, and roasted garlic can be stored in the freezer indefinitely. It's also a great way to rapidly deal with a bumper crop, since you don't have to peel the garlic at all! Roasted garlic is more mellow than fresh and can be used for just about anything you use fresh garlic for. It's amazing spread on good crusty bread or dropped onto a pizza.
To roast garlic bulbs, lightly grease a casserole dish with olive oil, chuck in some clean bulbs, and bake at 350ºF until the bulbs are soft and squishy, usually about 45 minutes. Snip the tips off the bulbs and cloves and squeeze out the incredibly tasty, and now soft, flesh. Freeze the garlic in an airtight freezer container (it'll last about a week in the fridge). Its high oil content means it never freezes hard, and you can scoop the clove contents out with a spoon as needed.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It got down to the mid thirties last night and there's a freeze warning for next week so am picking my green tomatoes to ripen in the house...got almost a bushel now and that's not even half.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It got down to the mid thirties last night and there's a freeze warning for next week so am picking my green tomatoes to ripen in the house...got almost a bushel now and that's not even half.

You got them thar logs split yet