Garden Corner

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I wasn't going to do this but since there's still snow on the ground I'm bored! I actually started growing things a few months ago when Ken set up a hydroponics system in the basement and we planted some bush beans. I just ate the first three beans and there's plenty more coming. Last year I experimented with making sauerkraut so I potted some cabbages in dirt and stuck them under the grow lamp too..they are starting to form heads on them. Also coming up and just transplanted yesterday are the yearly crop of tomatoes...nearly double what I planted last year as I'm trying to keep up with Ken's love of salsa. And just for kicks and giggles I've also planted several trays of different flower seeds which are almost all sprouting. So much for not having a garden this year!:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The man does love his salsa..trying to post pictures and for some reason they won't post...hmmmmmmmm

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Enlarged it for ya. :cool:

8993d1396569457-garden-corner-imageuploadedbyeo-forums1396569455.174663.jpg

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And the snow is continuing to melt..am hopeful I can put some of these starter plants in the ground soon. Out here we usually plant the potatoes by Good Friday but I think that'll be later this year. It just has to be warmer to set my plants out in the greenhouse on the deck. Ordered the shallots and garlic and onion sets to plant too.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
gee hon...my flowers seeds don't look like that at all yet...Just those pretty yellow pansies you brought home! :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Decided to dig up the bed for my glad bulbs..supposed to be 8 inches deep, but I'll be lucky to get down six inches with the frost still in the ground. And it's muddy wet dirt so it's heavy.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I also uncovered the apple trees and the yellow lilac bush..have buds on all but lost a couple of branches on the apple tree so had to do a little manicuring.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Well I took all my little plants except for the tomatoes and put them in the greenhouse this morning. I put a trouble light hanging inside just to give them a little more heat just in case my timing is off.