Retired Expediter
You are a dork! lol

That must be a new kind of vegetable ......lol
VegDork.Logo.png

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Garden is all tilled....

The hydroponic experiment......BOTH the wife and I had a large serving of green beans last night....great taste and tender! Now can have at least 1 fresh vegetable in the winter in SD!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So far the onions, shallots, garlic, leeks, cabbage and peas are in the ground. And Ken built this lovely little pea pen to keep the deer out of the peas...next...the spuds! and a bunch of achy muscles!:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And the spuds are in the ground and my tomato cages and stakes are in just waiting for the tomatoes to be transplanted! :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Today I transplant the watermelon, cantaloupe, more cabbage and all the peppers from the aerogarden into peat pots and they'll go into the greenhouse to get ready to plant.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
My rain gauge says we got 7/10 of an inch last night..perfect timing since I got some yard work done yesterday. And it will be great for my garden. My peonies, daffodils, Iris's, day lillies and blue geraniums are all coming up. Can't believe how cool May is predicted to be!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Just looked at the weather forecast for the rest of the month and I do believe it's safe finally to put my tomatoes out...wish me luck!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like a chance of rain here ...but thats good for a nap ...roadside veg stands aplenty here ....your Puzzled Ken is probably sleeping after his grueling trip .....lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The Master Gardeners are a little skeptical of the weather forecast..Mary says I should be ready to cover them...hmmmmmmmmmmm

But this will be the lastest I've put them out and to date I haven't been wrong...guess I'll have to trust my own judgement!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And the tomatoes are in the ground and it didn't freeze last night and it will rain on them today...life is good!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And many are Born without. ...lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1400423702651.jpg
    1400423702651.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 9