Frickin Gun Owners

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You can't trust gun owners, especially those with "Concealed Carry" permits, You never know what they will do...

Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

Reported by: Jozannah QuintanillaPublished: 8/28 2:35 pm
Updated: 8/29 8:39 am
Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school|WOAI: San Antonio News

SAN ANTONIO - A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning.

The attack happened around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday outside the Bonham Academy on St. Mary's Street. Teresa Barron, 38, had just dropped off her child at the school when the child's father showed up, and the two got into an argument. The child's father, 38-year-old Roberto Barron allegedly then stabbed the woman several times in the upper body and neck area.

Police say a bystander who happened to be a concealed handgun license holder pulled his weapon and ordered Barron to drop the knife. Barron surrendered and was taken into custody by the bystander and a school district officer.

The woman was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center.

Barron was arrested for aggravated assault, and is in jail on a $150,000 bond.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school"

"A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning."

I got nothin'

OldGuy

Active Expediter
Wonder what the libs will say about this.

In before. "he shouldn't have a gun, he should have called police, it isn't his job to be a good citizen"

Also in before

"libs should ban guns, because they're deadly weapons of mass sliceification!"

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think the storry would have a better ending if the guy who stabbed his wife died of lead poisoning.

Bob Wolf.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Forget about the libs. Whats Layoutshooter gonna say....lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Brisco

Expert Expediter
"Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school"

"A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning."

I got nothin'

It is worded wrong........

But Gosh......it seemed like you would've figured it out and corrected it for us. :)

The Stabbing Occured.....or "Allegedly" happened....So NO....Armed Bystander did NOT "stop" stabbing. He more or less hindered any futher stabbings of "alleged" victim. We can't say armed bystander prevented possible Murder.....cause we really don't know what the "alleged" suspects intent was when he was "allegedly" stabbing victim.

I agree with Bob Wolf........alleged stabber should have been removed by the Medical Examiners Office via a Body Bag from the "alleged" crime scene......

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

But Gosh......it seemed like you would've figured it out and corrected it for us. :)

The Stabbing Occured.....or "Allegedly" happened....

The stabbing was not alleged, it is an undisputed fact.

So NO....Armed Bystander did NOT "stop" stabbing. He more or less hindered any futher stabbings of "alleged" victim.

Victim is not alleged, but is in fact, a victim.

We can't say armed bystander prevented possible Murder.....

Yes we can, because he did - key word is 'possible', though 'probable' is more apt, IMO.

cause we really don't know what the "alleged" suspects intent was when he was "allegedly" stabbing victim.

Neither the suspect nor the stabbing is alleged, which says you don't know what the word you're treating with contempt actually means.
Which makes me think your allegedly informed opinion is misinformed, and therefore worthless.
Armed citizens can and do prevent crimes all the time. This isn't a news item, it's just saying [crowing, actually] "See? I'm right & you're wrong!" to those who disagree on the issue of the right to bear arms.
It does nothing to further a conversation on the subject, IMO.

I agree with Bob Wolf........alleged stabber should have been removed by the Medical Examiners Office via a Body Bag from the "alleged" crime scene......

One more time: neither the stabber nor the crime scene are alleged, both are undisputed facts.
Food for thought: if your argument is wrong, the only people you'll convince are wrong, too.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
This is why I have a lifetime conceal carry permit...one thing I love about Indy, lifetime permits. Now if only I could figure how to carry while on the road! Each state has different rules and it makes taking my gun with difficult.

Pagan Trucker Girl - Blessed Be

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

But Gosh......it seemed like you would've figured it out and corrected it for us.

It didn't need correcting, but I found it amusing enough to point it out. Thus, my non-comment comment to draw attention to the absurdity of the oxymorinic nature of the statements. Next time, I'll try to make it a point to be less subtle, so that you can get it, too.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pandora: even if every state practiced reciprocity [honoring a CCW permit from another state], it wouldn't help us. Too many carriers restrict weapons, and ditto for the customers. It is ironic that the job that requires us to go to [insert crime ridden area] bad places also refuses to permit the option of a concealed weapon for defense. Maybe that'll change one day, but it doesn't look likely very soon, sigh.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Well......I kinda Guess 1 Member here didn't read the article......

Decided to just "attack" first.........

From the article itself......(Just Click on Link in the OP to get with the rest of the crowd here)

The child's father, 38-year-old Roberto Barron allegedly then stabbed the woman several times in the upper body and neck area.

Now that that's been pointed out.......go do a study on WHY the use of the term / wording "ALLEGEDLY" must be used when reporting crime stories today........

It's a Legal Technicality that I doubt a certain member here would understand.

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Very true Cheri...one perk with my small company I don't think the owner would mind but the places we pick up or deliver at another story. I'm sighing with you...we go to some high crime, isolated and just plain dangerous places yet the best I have in defense is mini pink Louisville slugger!!

Pagan Trucker Girl - Blessed Be

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Earlier this week a cop was attacked during a traffic stop and a passer by with a CCW killed the attacker, saving the cops life. Just yesterday a man attacked a driver, who's truck the attacker had just ran into with his bicycle. The guy in the pick up had a CCW, was carrying and he shot and killed his attacker.

Mrs. Layoutshooter and I both carry when home. I pray I never need to use my gun and thank God I have it and know how to use it. My wife and I are just too old to try to lock horns with a thug and too slow to out run them. That is why we carry 'equalizers', and know how to use them. When used properly they also cut down on trails and jail costs.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well......I kinda Guess 1 Member here didn't read the article......

Decided to just "attack" first.........

From the article itself......(Just Click on Link in the OP to get with the rest of the crowd here)

Now that that's been pointed out.......go do a study on WHY the use of the term / wording "ALLEGEDLY" must be used when reporting crime stories today........

It's a Legal Technicality that I doubt a certain member here would understand.

I get it, I get it...."allegedly" because he is NOT convicted yet....but that is kinda splittin hairs in this story.....as we have read...HE DID the stabbing and was arrested....on the spot.
For legal reasons...yes he "allegedly" stabbed the woman....

Update for story
http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...m-stabbed-outside/_Asjk0qpnkOciHdexw5y4Q.cspx
Roberto Barron, 38, is facing an aggravated assault charge after police say he stabbed his wife Teresa Barron outside of Bonham Academy.

Not one time does the word..."allegedly" show up...

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I get it, I get it...."allegedly" because he is NOT convicted yet....but that is kinda splittin hairs in this story.....as we have read...HE DID the stabbing and was arrested....on the spot.
Not quite. The stabbing happened, this much is not in dispute. But we did not read that HE DID it, rather, we read where other people CLAIMED HE DID it.

For legal reasons...yes he "allegedly" stabbed the woman....
She was stabbed, and he allegedly did it. That's different than saying "he stabbed her", which is a statement of fact not yet known or proven to be true.

Update for story
New details in case of mom stabbed outside elementary school|WOAI: San Antonio News
Roberto Barron, 38, is facing an aggravated assault charge after police say he stabbed his wife Teresa Barron outside of Bonham Academy.

Not one time does the word..."allegedly" show up...
Doesn't have to. "Police say" and "allegedly" are the same thing. The police are making the accusation, of something he allegedly did. Now they have to prove that it was him.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not quite. The stabbing happened, this much is not in dispute. But we did not read that HE DID it, rather, we read where other people CLAIMED HE DID it.

She was stabbed, and he allegedly did it. That's different than saying "he stabbed her", which is a statement of fact not yet known or proven to be true.

Doesn't have to. "Police say" and "allegedly" are the same thing. The police are making the accusation, of something he allegedly did. Now they have to prove that it was him.

I realize that....its still splitting hairs....