Frickin Gun Owners

Brisco

Expert Expediter
I realize that....its still splitting hairs....

And that's what I was getting at......

The post was supposed to be fecitious......flippant.....towards the word Allegedly that was used in the original article.......

I get so sick and tired of hearing the word "Allegedly" in the news......

But.....in true form and fashion....somebody had to get all malevolent over something I said......;)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And that's what I was getting at......

The post was supposed to be fecitious......flippant.....towards the word Allegedly that was used in the original article.......

I get so sick and tired of hearing the word "Allegedly" in the news......

But.....in true form and fashion....somebody had to get all malevolent over something I said......;)

You getting a little paranoid there? pal...LOL....it is nothing YOU or I said....just the fact someone said something is enough to trigger a deluge of trivia hair splitting nonsense...LOL

Monty

Expert Expediter
As for carriers not allowing CCW's ... I asked Landstar about this, as I also have a permit. They stated they have no opinion on it at all. If it's legal, and you carry legally, it is of no concern to them at all.

Would it be safe to say, the citizen with the CCW, "allegedly" stopped a murder in progress?

Allegedly, it seems he may very well may have. Allegedly. of course. :rolleyes:

moose

Veteran Expediter
I think the storry would have a better ending if the guy who stabbed his wife died of lead poisoning.

Bob Wolf.

Objection, your honor.
you just wiped out our whole justice system .
the Shooter would've then, rightly, be facing a murder charges.
with fame comes the glory. having the permit dose not allow for executions without a trail.
apparently, having the weapon on hand was all he needed to stop an attacker. he did very well by restraining himself.
next thing you know, policeman's wright a citation, & we won't get a chance 'to face our accuser'...Oop's, sorry, we already have this with CSA...
not to mention the UNCONSTITUTIONAL HouseHolds mover web page, provided by the FMCSA, where EVERY citizen in the country can wright any citation, be the judge, and execute the penalty - without a driver ability to do anything about this.
be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Objection, your honor.
with fame comes the glory. having the permit dose not allow for executions without a trail.
apparently, having the weapon on hand was all he needed to stop an attacker. he did very well by restraining himself.
next thing you know, policeman's wright a citation, & we won't get a chance 'to face our accuser'...Oop's, sorry, we already have this with CSA...
not to mention the UNCONSTITUTIONAL HouseHolds mover web page, provided by the FMCSA, where EVERY citizen in the country can wright any citation, be the judge, and execute the penalty - without a driver ability to do anything about this.
be careful what you wish for.
Yep...what a country this would be if everyone was allowed to shoot anyone just because they felt threatened......yes the bystander did a great job of restraint...no need to shoot...used good judgement...IMO...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Earlier this week a cop was attacked during a traffic stop and a passer by with a CCW killed the attacker, saving the cops life. Just yesterday a man attacked a driver, who's truck the attacker had just ran into with his bicycle. The guy in the pick up had a CCW, was carrying and he shot and killed his attacker.

Mrs. Layoutshooter and I both carry when home. I pray I never need to use my gun and thank God I have it and know how to use it. My wife and I are just too old to try to lock horns with a thug and too slow to out run them. That is why we carry 'equalizers', and know how to use them. When used properly they also cut down on trails and jail costs.

I like that word equalizer instead of the workd gun. It softens the conversation like the word incarceration instead of the jailhouse or slammer. I to am to old for wrestling a robber or whatever to the floor or a fist fight or running, so an EQUALIZER is the best method, I like that.

Of course many in here are young and muscle bound and all that and would confront a gunman with their 4g super mircowave cellphone with enhanced apps and a cute plastic cover.lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like that word equalizer instead of the workd gun. It softens the conversation like the word incarceration instead of the jailhouse or slammer. I to am to old for wrestling a robber or whatever to the floor or a fist fight or running, so an EQUALIZER is the best method, I like that.

Of course many in here are young and muscle bound and all that and would confront a gunman with their 4g super mircowave cellphone with enhanced apps and a cute plastic cover.lol

Never seen many young muscle bound guys in expediting....most are middle aged to old farts....many have a Molson's muscle and too lazy to chase their own shadows, me included...LOL....an equalizer skips the running part....LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Never seen many young muscle bound guys in expediting....most are middle aged to old farts....many have a Molson's muscle and too lazy to chase their own shadows, me included...LOL....an equalizer skips the running part....LOL

Middle aged? I think we are a good past middle aged. At 61 middle age would have me living to about 120, don't think so, don't want too. I was middle age at 45. WE are both past middle aged my friend. :eek: No quite old farts but headed down that road fast! :p

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Headed to Michigan..going home. And may even attend the waterfowl festival ..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Headed to Michigan..going home. And may even attend the waterfowl festival ..

If you do head to the Festival be sure to look me up. I normally work the front gate early in the mornings. I will send you a PM with my phone but they often don't work there.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Objection, your honor.

Execution without Trial??

Totally Wrong.....

The whole reason for having CCW Permits to allow protection of not only yourself, but also of OTHERS, from bodily harm and/or DEATH. A guy STABBING, I mean Allegedly Stabbing, a woman is an action of Deadly Force being inflicted on a human being by another human being. The CCW Permit holder had EVERY RIGHT to....say.....Pop A Round in that Guys A*s without a warning whatsoever. If the stabbers arm was swinging at another persons body, whether contact was being made or not, one can shoot at will. EVEN Law Enforcement.....

There would be no Judge....or Jury....that would even consider Convicting this Guy for "Murder" if he had just ran up Shot the Guy DEAD while he was Stabbing that Woman. If he had just ran up and Shot to save that womans life......he would be all over the news as a National Hero.....Easily.

But...he did show restraint in NOT shooting first.....and does deserve great credit for that too.

Never seen many young muscle bound guys in expediting....most are middle aged to old farts....

We do, or did, have an Expeditor here that was running 2 mile runs FASTER than World Record Runners/Holders were.....Remember.................:p

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Middle aged? I think we are a good past middle aged. At 61 middle age would have me living to about 120, don't think so, don't want too. I was middle age at 45. WE are both past middle aged my friend. :eek: No quite old farts but headed down that road fast! :p

I aww shucks boys now I feel like the baby in the group! :p

Pagan Trucker Girl - Blessed Be

moose

Veteran Expediter
Have to disagree with you on that one, Brisco.
we can't even trust LOE's to use common seance, nor restrains, when pulling the trigger, (not even their left foot :2nd St. Paul police officer on leave over Hightower arrest - Minneapolis News and Weather KMSP FOX 9)
and those are supposed to be well trained responsible, selected and well monitors individuals.(*)
better yet to trust any CCW freak out there.
citizens with guns freaks me up.
luckily truckers are not allow to take one for the ride...yet...
here in M.N i can go and own a small army armory, buy my stuff on line, heck i can get explosives cheap, & no one will ever question my intents ...no training needed...no monitoring what so ever...nothing. it's a Zoo. i like the idea of allowing gun ownership, the more the merrier, but when used, shooters should be kept to the up most higher standards to justified the use of deadly force.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a CCW and I am not a freak, neither is my wife. We will likely never use them, BUT, if needed we will. No one had better TRY to break into my house while I am home.

The laws are a BIG part of the problem. I cannot 'threaten' a bad guy to scare him off. That is 'brandishing' in Michigan and is illegal. The lawyer/judge who taught the law part of our CCW clase made it QUITE clear. IF you feel the need to draw you gun make sure you shoot to kill. NO chances, NO brandishing, NO shooting to wound. Shoot to kill and be sure that you do

I will stop carrying when there is a 100% chance of total safety on the streets. Till then, for me it's either the Ruger SP101, . 357 or the Sig Sauer, .380. Don't leave home without 'em! :D

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Moose glad you feel confident that you'll never have the need to defend yourself on the road but I for one feel we're quite unlucky that it's too hard to carry on the road. Technically you can but between carriers, customers and each states varying laws it's unlikely and difficult. Maybe my experiences have been different than yours, maybe it's bc I'm smaller than most men out here but I would love to be able to bring my gun on the road...hope to never need it but better safe than sorry!

Pagan Trucker Girl - Blessed Be

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Then Landstar here we come..lol

You'd be surprised the number of carriers that have no problem at all if a weapon is legally in your truck....If its not in the contract that you sign, its not an issue...

moose

Veteran Expediter
Pandora,
no news here, this is a trucking forum board & i am in a minority on this issue.
so far i never experienced, nor anyone i personally know of had an experience, in the WWT of the needs to use deadly force. what i did experience, (& can assumed all of you did) is irresponsible hot blooded drivers. last thing i'd like is for all of those to have a gun when parked next to my 'non bullet protected' rig in a truck stop. sorry being a trucker comes with a lot of aggravation, it makes the worst out of the best of us. last thing we needs is for them to play with their toys while on line 2 & bored.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have always carried. I am permitted in SC but carried up until this past March when I started carrying explosives. I'm home daily and leave the weapon in my car since it's not smart to mix the two. I know one of my teams carry and I don't stop them, it's their right to do so.