Ford Full Size Transit

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do like the cargo area design of the dodge and think the fwd will be a huge plus.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123
I also like the layout of the cargo area in the ProMaster. I am still leery of the weight distribution with the fwd. The engine, the Pentastar anyway, appears to have at least half its weight forward of the front axle and the fuel tank is located directly under the cab. Unladen and with a driver, my guess would be that 75% of the weight is between the front bumper and the back of the cab. Hard braking while empty or lightly loaded could result in being passed by the rear end.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I also like the layout of the cargo area in the ProMaster. I am still leery of the weight distribution with the fwd. The engine, the Pentastar anyway, appears to have at least half its weight forward of the front axle and the fuel tank is located directly under the cab. Unladen and with a driver, my guess would be that 75% of the weight is between the front bumper and the back of the cab. Hard braking while empty or lightly loaded could result in being passed by the rear end.

To me those are far too much of a draw back for me, read some the reviews on it from its day in Europe. Apparently in its first few years it was a HORRIBLE vehicle for transporting or normal driving. Off topic would it possible for the it to unload the front wheels with a near or over capacity load?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
With that much weight in the front it would seem the front brakes would wear prematurely.

Plus for myself I would rather have a vehicle made in America. As Jim & Jesse say in "The Hot Rod Race" I'm a Ford man through & through.:eek:

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
With that much weight in the front it would seem the front brakes would wear prematurely.

Plus for myself I would rather have a vehicle made in America. As Jim & Jesse say in "The Hot Rod Race" I'm a Ford man through & through.:eek:

Its nice to know us ford owners can get parts when needed anytime, anywhere, without having to wait for them to come in after them being ordered. Nor do we have to have a "qualified " technician to work on them. Simple and ultra dependable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
The Dodge is really a Fiat Import,,,,,! I wait a couple of years to see how it goes.The Dodge Boys well be waiting in the service to take care of you and your money.lol...They how to cheat you right..They love Sprinter owners,it was like feeding time for Polar Bears with all those little white Seals not havin any place to run

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Just priced - RAM 3500 Extended with options you'd want for expediting is $39,420.00 invoice, including tax, etc.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Right up there with the Sprinter. I'm sure the Ford T-350 will be in the same neighborhood.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter

isnt the transit being made in mexico? and the express made in canda? only "american made" cargo van is the nissan NV...canton mississippi ive been there several times taking loads in my sprinter that had it final assembly in north carolina. the idea of "american made" is a joke imo...all it means it will cost more than necessary and fall apart in 6 months

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
isnt the transit being made in mexico? and the express made in canda? only "american made" cargo van is the nissan NV...canton mississippi ive been there several times taking loads in my sprinter that had it final assembly in north carolina. the idea of "american made" is a joke imo...all it means it will cost more than necessary and fall apart in 6 months

NO! The Transit is being built in Kansas City!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Built or assembled? Is anything really built in one country anymore.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Like I said many times before. You're either a cargo van or a straight truck! I don't like genetically modified vehicles. They don't look right! I'll stick with the Chevy van any day of the week!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
NO! The Transit is being built in Kansas City!

oh lol my bad. had it in my head they were made in mexico...true nothing is really solely "built" in a single country anymore. Besides Im sure that the steel thats being used today had been something else at one point or another lol. I now wanna think my mustang was a old iron sword to explain its rust :rolleyes:

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Does the Transit look nicer than the ProMaster? Does anyone know who has the longer cargo deck? Iknow the Sprinter will almost give you a 6' sleeper with the 170" WB but I was hoping the ProMaster or Transit will give you 5' sleeper. That's with a 2 pallet configuration vice 3 pallet which I prefer because I am old and I guess my wife too.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
ive seen dog mess in my yard that look better than the promaster lol. So imo yes the ford is much better looking

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

The Transit will be built in Kansas City and the Chevy/GMC vans have and will be built in Wentzville, Mo... What are you talking about?