Ford E350 Unicell Sleeper

clemens1

Seasoned Expediter
Where can i find photos and or instructions/ideas on how to build a sleeping area in my 2009 Ford E350 12 ft Unicell van? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have any experience adding cruise control to a van.
Thanks.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Where can i find photos and or instructions/ideas on how to build a sleeping area in my 2009 Ford E350 12 ft Unicell van? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone have any experience adding cruise control to a van.
Thanks.

Cruise is easy. Any after market supplier/installer that does sunroofs, spoilers, leather seats, etc. usually has cruise kits.

I was a sales mgr for an Auto Network for a few years and our supplier did an excellent job. I can't remember ever having a problem with their installs.

guido4475

Not a Member
I did a load transfer from a Fed Unicell van onto mine, and he had an awesome setup.I was really impressed with the unicell and how he had it set up.It was a Ford gasser,with 600,000 miles on it, and still ran and looked like new.He stated gas mileage in the high 15's.My next one will be either that or a Spartan body by Supreme.

jw-bama

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks.
sound shops are your best bet on cruise control almost all these guys install them. i just had my van done yesterday.

clemens1

Seasoned Expediter
The link from oncedrove had the exact kit i need, i am ordering today. Between myself and a couple friends we will be able to install it. Im new to this business but couldnt imagine doing it without cruise control.

the link to the pictures from chefdennis showed how to do the wall and sleeping area although mine still has the van roof over the drivers seats with a nice storage area above that I will use to mount the refrigerator and microwave.

Ill post pictures when its completed.

Thanks for all the infomation

I guess i still need to know how to power the fridge and microwave, do I use a 2nd battery mounted in the same area if so how do I do that? I already have a 1000 watt power inverter and plan on purchasing another from Harbor Freight.

Thanks...thanks...thanks...thanks cant wait to get started.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
i use (2) two 6 volt golf cart batteries a battery isolator and a 2500 watt inverter to power the frig, microwave, flatscreen tv, alarm clock, a few lights, phone charger , laptop computer, sound system for the laptop and soon a printer/scanner.....

i took the pass seat out and the batteries and isolator and inverter are mount on the floor and on the cabinet that i built to hold the frig and microwave that sits where the seat sat.

clemens1

Seasoned Expediter
Chefdennis.....im new to all this, how did you wire this all together? im not familar with battery isolators so Im afraid to tackle this project without more instructions. Thanks so very much.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There isn't much to be afraid of, plenty of threads that describe things here and there on the site. I will try to find the list I have, somewhere in my mess.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You might want to read up about inverters, they are not created equal.
Perhaps never a truer word spoken - my advice: avoid AIMS inverters like the plague - I'm soon to be on my 4th one .... in about 2 years (unless I can get them to give me a refund) :(

shofer55

Active Expediter

hey Dennis you dont remember i am the guy who ask you few years ago how to get in load1 i have that penske cube chevy.What happend got in load1 than after while got big semi in and sold my unit was262 to driver.After year got out with tractor but now i am quiting big rig and ordering ford E350 176 unicell body with wall set back 4, so i can build sleeper will get that by aprill but do not know if i can get back and how to get in tuch with john elliot (lost his number)so if you can help me let me know.Thanks

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You need to be able too put three skids on the floor to be considered at l1.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

shofer55

Active Expediter
I will have 12,of cargo which mean i can put 4 skids easy

Sent from my SM-N900V using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pallets come in a variety of sizes with the most common being the venerable 48x40 4-way pallet. When a carrier or shipper refers to a pallet, I take it to mean 48" long.