Flying J/ Pilot Fuel Rewards

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you email, write, call, and complain you can fix just about anything
when I first started in 1800 ud only held 60 gal's in both tanks, half was 30 gal's,
got most of companies to change there program's
for the ones that wouldn't just didn't stop there, also sold Mary Kay on side and would offer ladies at fuel desk a Mary Kay sample , for a shower worked every time, but not guy's

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Not happy with Flying J/ PILOT.
They raised shower points to 1000 gallons. That is unattainable for me as I am driving a 6cyl. Straight truck. Called manager at corporate customer service. "Blah Blah"
: 1.877. 750.7623
If you don't like it call. Maybe they will change.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app
Shower power is 30 days of unlimited showers, or a shower a day if you buy fuel or not.

The gallon goal use to be based on average use. Now they just did a across the board 1000 gal for the reward.

I was hoping that I could get a few of us expediters to give a call. Maybe they will change it. Have to ask to talk to a manager. They are very nice. They even offered if I ever needed a shower and didn't need fuel they would give me a shower.

I also stay at Ohio Turnpike service plazas which have Free showers.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: DollarSign

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wonder if I'll ever get paid enough to stop using GasBuddy and driving all over town off the highway.

Last Canadian fillup...84.9 cents a litre, Pilot was 1.049

Last US fillup...Pilot 2.39 and i filled at 2.24...ok not so much but still cheaper and allowed me to cut the line at port huron / Sarnia and save an hour vs coming in on the highway...there are quite a few Pilots higher than 2.39 for diesel as well

It would be nice if someone started a fleet card for everyone that didn't work for a huge company. There's got to be a couple hundred thousand of us independents, why should a smaller fleet in a company get a better discount? Why offer a discount instead of cheaper fuel all the time?

Almost forgot this was on topic because Pilot can keep their damn showers if I'm paying for it with a higher fuel price anyway. "FREE" shower is just wrong

Last edited:

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
if you email, write, call, and complain you can fix just about anything
when I first started in 1800 ud only held 60 gal's in both tanks, half was 30 gal's,
got most of companies to change there program's
for the ones that wouldn't just didn't stop there, also sold Mary Kay on side and would offer ladies at fuel desk a Mary Kay sample , for a shower worked every time, but not guy's
...tell that to the people in my town who are supposed to fix our :censoredsign:ing roads.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
brokcanadian Not sure about in Canada, as I don't use it, but NASTC – Welcome To The National Association Of Small Trucking Companies - 800.264.8580 is used by many independent owner operators
I looked into it for the cost + 4 cents discount that they offer at ta/petro. Sometimes this is a huge discount, even 50 cents a gallon in some instances.

But, there is always a but. Membership costs $250 a year, $50 one time setup fee and another $4.45 a month every month that you use the card.

So, $351 for the first year and $301 a year after that. That is a lot of dough to recover. It is hardly worth it even for my straight truck. Since I buy cheaper fuel at smaller places I would only save about $10 a fill up compared to the discounted price at ta. That is more than 6 months just to recover the fees. I might still do it for the convenience though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I looked into it for the cost + 4 cents discount that they offer at ta/petro. Sometimes this is a huge discount, even 50 cents a gallon in some instances.

But, there is always a but. Membership costs $250 a year, $50 one time setup fee and another $4.45 a month every month that you use the card.

So, $351 for the first year and $301 a year after that. That is a lot of dough to recover. It is hardly worth it even for my straight truck. Since I buy cheaper fuel at smaller places I would only save about $10 a fill up compared to the discounted price at ta. That is more than 6 months just to recover the fees. I might still do it for the convenience though.

FlyingVan , like I said, I do not use it. I do hear a lot of others drivers talk about their discounts using it though.
Just recently, I read that it worked at Wilco Hess, but will not for much longer. From what I gather, it is important when using it to keep current on the locations that give the best discounts as they could change at any time.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
FlyingVan , like I said, I do not use it. I do hear a lot of others drivers talk about their discounts using it though.
Just recently, I read that it worked at Wilco Hess, but will not for much longer. From what I gather, it is important when using it to keep current on the locations that give the best discounts as they could change at any time.
Greg, my post wasn't meant to be something negative towards you. Thanks for bringing it up. I was just adding to the info you provided because I looked into it. For me it will marginally work, for others it might work better. Based on what I've seen, I don't think it will be worth it for vans/sprinters.

Reactions: Greg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think if I can get it, and stop going on half hour detours for cheap fuel my life would be a lot easier...that's their justification for the higher price, they're right there when you need it

I've never been afraid at the inner city cheap diesel stations, but I have been annoyed by ladies of the night and people in Cadillacs asking for gas money

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Those showers sure are getting costly at more than .30 a gallon more at the truck stops than local fuel stops I use speedway a lot when I can and get double points cash them in for 100.00 use anywhere visa gift card too showers I use Ohio turnpike all the time you just need your own towels ! Free is good!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've never been afraid at the inner city cheap diesel stations, but I have been annoyed by ladies of the night and people in Cadillacs asking for gas money
"I don't carry cash, I run on company credit cards, and they keep track of every penny."
Boom

Reactions: TDave

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg, my post wasn't meant to be something negative towards you. Thanks for bringing it up. I was just adding to the info you provided because I looked into it. For me it will marginally work, for others it might work better. Based on what I've seen, I don't think it will be worth it for vans/sprinters.

No worries FlyingVan . I didn't take it that way. I'm glad you took the time to post some numbers about the program. I use Comdata, so I have no use for the NASTC program, I just hear a lot of drivers talk about their discounts. I think you are right that it might it will work for some while others not so much.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those showers sure are getting costly at more than .30 a gallon more at the truck stops than local fuel stops I use speedway a lot when I can and get double points cash them in for 100.00 use anywhere visa gift card too showers I use Ohio turnpike all the time you just need your own towels ! Free is good!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
That's why I refer to them as subsidized showers ..:p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's why I refer to them as subsidized showers ..:p
f376ed0e2e868ac12f0301b2be848efe550ede4625ec308eb85e44c246f76807.jpg

Reactions: brokcanadian

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree. In most cases you pay more for the convenience of pulling off an interstate to get fuel. At the new Speedway in Hampshire, Il. fuel prices are the same as the T/A and Road Ranger. I have a Costco membership but rarely fuel there while on the road. Most are a bit off major interstates and have limited hours. Anyway, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. This includes Flying/Pilot showers and Speedway roller dogs purchased with Speedway points.