Flying J/ Pilot Fuel Rewards

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Not happy with Flying J/ PILOT.
They raised shower points to 1000 gallons. That is unattainable for me as I am driving a 6cyl. Straight truck. Called manager at corporate customer service. "Blah Blah"
: 1.877. 750.7623
If you don't like it call. Maybe they will change.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: jjoerger

Perioodic

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah I got it with my card too and I'm in a sprinter. I mean I always have enough credits either way so I don't need shower power but still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's hard to go through 500 gallons in a month in a Sprinter. I never even try to keep track of it. I've currently got nine 10-day showers. I'm good.

FWIW, at Loves if you attain 1000 gallons, you get free unlimited showers and free drink refills the next month. I'm not gonna attain that, either, not in a Sprinter. But it's good for those in big trucks.

If I've got plenty of showers I go with Speedway (best rewards program to really rack up points) or with some other gas station. Just drove through West Memphis this afternoon and noticed that the truck stops were all 30 cents higher than all the gas stations along the frontage roads.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
did they discontinue the van program for sure....?....which is different then the big truck program

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got off the phone with Pilot CS.....Our program is unchanged...

Only the Shower Power program has been increased to 1,000 gallons
The 50 gallon program is STILL the same.....

ONLY the SHOWER POWER program has been changed.....!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You mean you need 1000 gallons in a sprinter for the shower credit, as well?
No. Far as I know, you still earn 1 shower credit per 50 gallon fill up, or 1/2 credit for 14-49 gallon fill up, same as always. (with Load One, you get a full shower credit with a 15 gallon purchase neener neener)

They had a Shower Power promotion where if you bought 500 gallons of fuel in a month, you then automatically got a free shower every day for the remaining days in the month, as well as one every day for the next month. Turns out, for most big trucks, it's really easy to go through 500 gallons in a month. Not really much of an incentive to keep coming back after the first week or two. So they upped it to 1000 gallons for the Shower Power.

Also, the latest greatest thing is the MyPilot app where starting October 1, professional drivers will be able to earn 100 additional points each time they use the myPilot app mobile fueling feature to purchase 50 or more gallons of fuel. So, sorry Sprinters. Plus, the new 3.x.x version of the MyPilot app, with all it's nifty spiffy features, is astonishingly awful. Just horrible. It's just breathtaking how bad the app is. I backed up the old app, installed the new version, then uninstalled that and reinstalled the old version.

Reactions: quadflyer1

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No. Far as I know, you still earn 1 shower credit per 50 gallon fill up, or 1/2 credit for 14-49 gallon fill up, same as always. (with Load One, you get a full shower credit with a 15 gallon purchase neener neener)

They had a Shower Power promotion where if you bought 500 gallons of fuel in a month, you then automatically got a free shower every day for the remaining days in the month, as well as one every day for the next month. Turns out, for most big trucks, it's really easy to go through 500 gallons in a month. Not really much of an incentive to keep coming back after the first week or two. So they upped it to 1000 gallons for the Shower Power.

Also, the latest greatest thing is the MyPilot app where starting October 1, professional drivers will be able to earn 100 additional points each time they use the myPilot app mobile fueling feature to purchase 50 or more gallons of fuel. So, sorry Sprinters. Plus, the new 3.x.x version of the MyPilot app, with all it's nifty spiffy features, is astonishingly awful. Just horrible. It's just breathtaking how bad the app is. I backed up the old app, installed the new version, then uninstalled that and reinstalled the old version.

as per the same nice lady....they have encountered many software program problems offering so many new features so quickly without beta testing....points are not being automatically creditted so watch your card carefully for awhile...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

correct sir...nothing has changed for us....showers are intact

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
FYI the nice lady in CS also passed on this to me to pass along to my fellow van drivers IF you should call them and you only have 1/2 a shower credit and in need of a shower they will credit you with one as a courtesy....
Most of the time, if you look pitiful enough, a manager will just give you a shower. :D

They do that at Love's when you buy a drink or something and they ask for your Loves card and you tell them you don't have one because you're in a van and with a 25 gallon tank "I can never buy enough fuel even to get a free shower <sniffle sniffle>"

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
as per the same nice lady....they have encountered many software program problems offering so many new features so quickly without beta testing....points are not being automatically creditted so watch your card carefully for awhile...
It's almost like the farmed out this app to some kid at the Knoxville Community College. It's got some good new features, but the entire app needs to be rewritten from the ground up instead of trying to patch the existing god-awful code.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
FYI....since we don't get the 100 bonus points...
I just called CS back....the tractors don't get the .03 off at the pumps like we do...that only applies to the pumps out front.....they only get the points at the rear...we get both perks..the .03 AND the points...

Reactions: DollarSign

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
FYI....since we don't get the 100 bonus points...
I just called CS back....the tractors don't get the .03 off at the pumps like we do...that only applies to the pumps out front.....they only get the points at the rear...we get both perks..the .03 AND the points...
I fuel around back, because I use the FleetOne card. We get that 5 cents off (not sure what John does with the other 20 or so cents rebate, though <snort> - I crack myself up).