Flying J coffee?

herronryan

Seasoned Expediter
is it me or does the 'new and improved coffee at flying j' still taste like yuck? i think they just made a new facade but didnt really change it. nasty nasty.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
have not found any ts coffee that i like. usually i get a thermos of hot water and make drip in the truck or drink pg tips tea.

fatboy

Seasoned Expediter
well tried it at one j and it did taste awful.here in barstow,ca for wknd and this one taste great,may have gotten cup right aftered being brewed,but i prefer pilots the best but they can get crappy some times ,thanks to all who have served this country,thank a vet the week and every day

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are still using an Urn system....and I was told them urns aren't heated....to save money!!!! And the cups...thats disgusting how the clue turns black and it disinigrates before you can get a refill...thats why I got a mug. Oh yeah...and they took out International Delight and have only the cheap Carnation cream.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
most of them switched to the new urns...probably for cosmetic reasons, however you cant get a thermos under most of them...(maybe thats there reasoning)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
See they've kept to the BIG urn system so the staff isn't making coffee all the time so they can run short staff...as always. The urns aren't heated neither to save a couple more cents!!
They blew it again!!

They shoulda looked at the Pilot way now...smaller urns and Columbia brand coffee's....much better

godslove139

Seasoned Expediter
See they've kept to the BIG urn system so the staff isn't making coffee all the time so they can run short staff...as always. The urns aren't heated neither to save a couple more cents!!
They blew it again!!

They shoulda looked at the Pilot way now...smaller urns and Columbia brand coffee's....much better
:eek: They must recycle the ground also 2 pot method. I carry my own coffee pot makes enough for 2 1/2 cups. takes 5 min to brew. fresh Flogers coffee in the morning is better than drinking that 1.50 cup of sewer water soaked in dayold coffee heated on the china made warmers they call coffee urns.If u drive a Van Walmart is your friend.....

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well we could be a little positive here. The Flying J finally recognized they had a problem and are now working on trying to fix it. I personally find the new coffee is better than the brew and do not mind now if we switch drivers in the middle of the night at a J. Used to be if we were at a J I would just fire up my coffee pot and make a quick cup. I still feel as if the Pilot has the best coffer for a truck stop.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I like Loves coffee the best. Pilot is my 2nd choice only because it's a little more expensive than Loves. We quit buying Flying J coffee because it was nasty! We've tried it a few times since they changed, and it is better, but it seems to vary in taste with each location.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well we could be a little positive here. The Flying J finally recognized they had a problem and are now working on trying to fix it. I personally find the new coffee is better than the brew and do not mind now if we switch drivers in the middle of the night at a J. Used to be if we were at a J I would just fire up my coffee pot and make a quick cup. I still feel as if the Pilot has the best coffer for a truck stop.

Nope not going to be positive...they put NO thought into their plan...it wasn't for us, but them...They took out the International Delight and went with Carnation only...they had both before....They decided to go cheap...period.

guido4475

Not a Member
well, after seeing the way my ex-wife acted because of not getting any (coffee) i can say that i am glad i never had touched the stuff. i mean, she made texas chainsaw massacre look wimpy. it was ugly.but i love the smell of it anyway. but i read in one of those trucker magazines that a survey by drivers came out with pilot having the best coffee. and why does it seem that everyone has to dump their old coffee out on the parking lot before going into the building? drink on, drivers!

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I agree that Pilot has the best coffee for a truck stop/travel center. Flying J has always been horrible. It always taste
like it has been made for many hours and is burnt. I saw the
new urns and thought that was a bad idea.

Usually we just stop at a rest area or the easiest truck stop and
make our own. Folgers ..smell so good brewing. Saving 1.50 a
cup and it's not burnt or too strong. :p

fatboy

Seasoned Expediter
Well They Did Try Something And Gonna See Like I Said And Other Pilots Are 1st Here,loves 2nd,burn Out To Many Pots On Truck,sometimes Petro's Is Ok In Restut... But Dont Like It Much In Store Or Fuel Island,try To Stay Out J's Unless Theres No Where Else Close To Delv Or P/u's

godslove139

Seasoned Expediter
well, after seeing the way my ex-wife acted because of not getting any (coffee) i can say that i am glad i never had touched the stuff. i mean, she made texas chainsaw massacre look wimpy. it was ugly.but i love the smell of it anyway. but i read in one of those trucker magazines that a survey by drivers came out with pilot having the best coffee. and why does it seem that everyone has to dump their old coffee out on the parking lot before going into the building? drink on, drivers!
I know why they dump ther old coffee out in the parking lot.to cover the smell of someone urine they has been formentin the air, or they got it at the Flyin j and didn't try it till they were cruisin down the road..

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver

i agree. Pilot is best.....
if not a pilot around ... Mcdonalds has good coffee....
and when im around buffalo .... and canada.... its gotta be a tim hortons.

now Jims truck stop in buffalo has very crapy coffee....... serious now.........but if ur there in buffalo NY..... go across the parking lot..... to crispy cream dougnut place..... they have awsome coffee.

PantherPower

Seasoned Expediter
I, personally, like the coffee in Flying J's restaurant. If they would serve that in the store, that would fix the problem in my opinion. As far as what is available in the stores, I go with Pilot whenever I can.