First Published Book On Expeditingm Now Available, www.hotshotchronicles.com

gshade52

Active Expediter
excuse me but we do both regular and elite expediting...
sour grapes? we're not aiming this book at all of you experienced drivers. we get approached quite frequently at truck stops asking about the trade and we thought it would be helpful... not a comprehensive history in minute detail... just a basic how-to for beginners. Actually most of the book is a collection of travel logs that are meant to entertain and inform.
barb

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well, yeah, that's a good example of the bubble, and what happens to knowledge when you get out of the bubble. All the limited experience in the world is still limited experience, and you don't know nearly as much as you think you do. Any research you do is almost certainly going to be viewed in the context of your own experience.

I am aware of three books written by expediters for expediters, and all of them have been written with less than four years of experience, and all from the viewpoint of being with a single carrier at the time of the writing. The authors thought they knew enough to write an informative book, but they didn't even know enough to know that every expediter and their situations are so different from each other than any book will be of extremely limited value to more than a fraction of expediters. I've been doing this for like 8 or 9 years, and I know a lot, but I wouldn't presume to think I know enough to write a "must read" book.

I might be able to write one on what NOT to do in expediting. ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
we were anticipating some [/U]constructive input... not a free advertisement.
Sorry, but that's not gonna fly. You made multiple postings which were blatant advertising SPAM (we wrote a book you need to read, and here's the URL to order it from...) without once asking for any kind of criticism. And any criticism you've received, you've taken an aggressive exception to. I think instead of criticism, you were expecting instant credibility and admiration.

You want constructive criticism? Fine. Your Web site, the synopsis of the book, the "book review" from the "Book Club Member", and the book itself is pompous and condescending, and stretches credulity in that it is crafted to make you and what you do bigger than life. Your posts here, including the editing of your original post (which the Moderators can still see, BTW) and the attempt to alter the subject line, plus the revisionist history of the recent present, continue to reinforce the pompous indignation of not being blindly accepted and revered by all for your efforts. Whether that's actually true or not is irrelevant, because that's how you're being perceived, based on what you write.

The one thing that will get you buried here is the stretching and embellishment of the truth. To state you weren't expecting free advertising and were expecting constructive criticism does both.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a little late for constructive input, it's already constructed and out there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

True, but maybe this is just a prelude to his signature opus. He could be working on the expediting "War and Peace", his "Tale of Two Cities", or "Mobey Dick".