First Published Book On Expeditingm Now Available, www.hotshotchronicles.com

gshade52

Active Expediter
May Your Road Be Filled With Many Safe And Productive Miles

Fasinating reponses by those who have not read the material. I'm not understanding the responses motivated by fear, but I guess that's the nature of the beast. My intent in publishing this book was to support and document the extraordinary work you do. I have attempted to pull this post from forum but haven't figured out how to delete this note . Will the webmaster plz delete this post.
thanks
gary

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They've been expediting, er, excuse me, hotshotting, since June of 2008, when they leased on to Panther as an Elite Services truck.

The book is paperback softbound, 142 pages, printed and published by Hotshots Press (Feb 1, 2012).

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For one thing....Hot Shot is an old term of what we do here in the East....Expediting is the new term.

Hot Shot is still very relative in the oil patch to this day.....seems we now have 2 distinct segments of the Just in Time/Same Day business....which could make for an interesting study in itself...how the 2 went their own way...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OK, so you've got your one shot of free advertising here in this thread. Feel free to answer questions, here in this thread, about the book, or about you and your experiences. But outside of this thread we're done. Adding a comment to this thread to "bump" it up to the first page will result in the thread being either locked or deleted.

We've been here the last four years, and you haven't, so anything you do will be in that context. If you want to participate here, great, but if you want to use EO as a tool to advertise your book, that's just not gonna happen. I strongly encourage you to read again the Code of Conduct which you agreed to when you signed on, because clearly you failed to comprehend several parts of it.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Four years? I have not read the book, nor the intro's, but that seems more it should be a book titled, "How we entered the expediting business, and dumb mistakes not to make .... as a newbie"

But, I've been wrong before ... :rolleyes:

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
You mean to tell me I could have learned everything I needed to know about expediting in 142 paperback sized pages?? Who knew??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
4 years...same carrier, same division...yep they know it all....LOL You'd get more travel information from the Welcome Centers brochures.....gee whiz....

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
And would the gummit be very happy about anyone giving "insights" into department of defense loads? I think not.

UncleTed

Not a Member
OK, so you've got your one shot of free advertising here in this thread. Feel free to answer questions, here in this thread, about the book, or about you and your experiences. But outside of this thread we're done. Adding a comment to this thread to "bump" it up to the first page will result in the thread being either locked or deleted.

We've been here the last four years, and you haven't, so anything you do will be in that context. If you want to participate here, great, but if you want to use EO as a tool to advertise your book, that's just not gonna happen. I strongly encourage you to read again the Code of Conduct which you agreed to when you signed on, because clearly you failed to comprehend several parts of it.

How do we know they haven't been lurking here for some time? I mean how could someone actually write a book about our industry without reading back in the EO forums for at least two years??

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
And would the gummit be very happy about anyone giving "insights" into department of defense loads? I think not.

Particularly, IF you get ripped off on the Canadian exchange rate while on one a them loads.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeez, do you guys give anyone a break? At least they had the ambition and drive to actually write and print something. Most of the experts here on eo just want to put others down for atempting things or asking questions. It does get old.and drives many away from this place.

EO is a small pond with far to many big fish.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

ATeam

Retired Expediter
How do we know they haven't been lurking here for some time? I mean how could someone actually write a book about our industry without reading back in the EO forums for at least two years??

Someone could write a book about our industry without laying eyes on EO even once. Lots of people with no trucking experience whatsoever write many good things about trucking. Granted that experience may make for better writing, but someone with average perception who is good with a pen can come along, do a study of the industry and do a good job writing about it. There are lots of trucking magazine writers who do not have CDL's.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Many years ago I co-authored The Spicer Big Road Truck Stop And Restaurant Review with Roger "Top Dog" Hanson. This book critiqued most major restaurants and truck stops along I-94/I-90, between St. Paul, MN and Mauston, WI. The inspiration for the title came from the Spicer 7 speed transmission which was also impetus for rating each establishment on a 1-7 scale. Unfortunately the book was never published, mostly because it never was written. But we did get miles of entertainment talking about it on the cb.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Many years ago I co-authored The Spicer Big Road Truck Stop And Restaurant Review with Roger "Top Dog" Hanson. ... Unfortunately the book was never published, mostly because it never was written. But we did get miles of entertainment talking about it on the cb.

There you go! Just like lots of writers don't have CDL's, lots of truckers don't have books.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not a writer or a trucker and I don't have a book, but I do have a CDL and a van!