FedEx will make some change's

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
FedEx Custom Critical will be making some changes that I feel everyone will like. They will roll it out in the next few Days

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bruno,
I am wondering what is it?

Will I get a new truck if I stay in service 100%?

I look forward to changes but communicating what changes are being made can be as important as the changes being made.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
No not a new truck Greg, I wish. But it's something that they are still contacting owners about and I was asked to wait until everyone has been told. Lets put it this way it's a win/win for the Owner's and Driver's.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I know. New truck - good thing, Increase in rates - good thing, More discounts - good thing too.....

Hey I am an owner!?!

No news is .... well no news is not good news!

I have been trying to call them all day (actually one person) and her VM box has been full and she is no where to be found.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Contractor Coordinator have been contacting people all day and it sounds like a good deal.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds interesting. Inquiring minds want to know to steal an ad slogan.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Lease agreemments with FedEx Custom Critical have long provided for a base percentage of 57 1/2% of the customer's tariff be paid to the truck owner. Owners that agree to display company signage receive a total of 58%. Reefer truck owners get a bit more to cover their extra costs.

The new deal that Bruno mentioned provides for an additional 2% for all C, D, E, and E reefers; except, C and D reefers will get a 3% increase.

Sorry van owners, no change in percentage for vans.

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
what's to shut down ? they hardly run now.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Terry

The ER units now will get 65% of every load. I just think it's a good program as long as they lower the FSC for C,D units down to 9 mpg from 10 and the CR,DR units down to 8.5 mph it's only .03 cents more and I think it would be a very good program and be fare to everyone.

What is you thought's Terry.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Bruno:

The 65% for ER trucks is correct because they each own their own trailers and were getting 63%.

I really don't have any thoughts on the appropriate mile per gallon FSC rate for a C or D truck. As it stands now, a C or D gets the FSC based on the typical class 6 or 7 truck that can get 10 miles per gallon or better. If you get less than that, it's because of your choice to get a truck that is larger than necessary to get the job done.

If you think that FSC should be based on the mileage you get with your truck, would you want a Sprinter to get FSC based on their 22mpg instead of the 15mpg all vans get? There is no way to please everyone!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A 3% raise for C and D reefer trucks means an extra $4,500 a year more for a $150,000/year producing truck and $6,000 a year more for a $200,000/year producing truck (as in gross revenue paid to the truck). Depending on one's level of production and the purchase price of the reefer, the raise itself would cover the purchase price of a reefer unit over a number of years.

C5BILL

Expert Expediter
Are you telling me that a 'C' unit gets a higher percentage than a 'B' unit for taking a 'B' load. If so, that is B***S*** to the nth degree.

'C' units should therfore not be offered 'B' loads in the future to even the playing field!!!!

Are the 'B' units headed down the same road taken by the former 'A' units'???

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Terry

10 mpg for a C and D it's true if You have a 5.9 cummins in the truck, but you will not do that great with loads over 5000 lbs, the 3126 Cat motor only get around 9.02 mpg and the 8.3 Cummins is at 9.06. And the motor in the 2005 M2 only gets 8.9 and all these trucks are worked on by Fyda Frieghtliner. So they make sure the racks are set up right.

I just got the Avg from the road Tax sheets that are given to us by Fedex. And yes Phil a reefer does pay for itself in the long run over the years. I would have to say in the 1st 2 years it pays for itself as much as I hate to tell everyone. I'm no pro at this but I love doing this and working for FedEx Custom Critical. This new lease will along with the new FSC program will be a Win/Win for everyone. I support it 100% and I wasn't for it at all at 1st.

After talking to a few folks at FedEx I think they are going to check into the MPG for C and D units so it will even out to where we are only paying $1.20 a gallon for fuel.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Regarding the mileage rate used to calculate the fuel surcharge for straight trucks, the "Fuel Surcharge Helper" on the FedEx Extranet states 9 mpg is use for straight trucks. I'm wondering, where the 10 mpg figure is coming from? Is not 9 already being used?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
No it's not coming out to 9 mpg Phil based on 1.20. It's off like .03 cents.