Fedex BR unit

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know, if I had shut this down and started a new thread titled Your own Authority, Pros/Cons I'd have heard all sorts of griping for starting a new thread. By just suggesting keeping on topic and starting a new thread while leaving things alone I hear all sorts of griping for not doing the work.

Both topics covered here are valid and good points with value to certain groups of users. You wouldn't look for an algebra book if you wanted to learn about economics and you wouldn't look for a BR thread if you want to learn about your own authority. That's why we're trying to keep things on topic.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
there are 25 threads for your own authority in the advanced search function under "own authority". this thread does not come up at all.

the first of those threads actually discusses percentages, per mile may and splits. here there is just the discussion of should you/shouldn't you. i agree with leo that this should go back to br units.

linda you mentioned that there are defined specifications for a fed ex br unit. are those available to be posted?

ken you mentioned a company named i.c.e.. do you know someone to contact there or can you get their specifics?

bubblehead are you willing to discuss what your br specs are for the truck?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just know they took work away from us...when I was in Canada..our customers used dry ice to transport...and that gets dicey....

Maybe a search is in order to post more info...stay tuned...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, if I had shut this down and started a new thread titled Your own Authority, Pros/Cons I'd have heard all sorts of griping for starting a new thread. By just suggesting keeping on topic and starting a new thread while leaving things alone I hear all sorts of griping for not doing the work.

Both topics covered here are valid and good points with value to certain groups of users. You wouldn't look for an algebra book if you wanted to learn about economics and you wouldn't look for a BR thread if you want to learn about your own authority. That's why we're trying to keep things on topic.

One perk of being a mod....your never right!;)

Darned if ya do, darned if ya don't.....

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I think it's like that with anything.. d*mned if you take that low-paying load, d*mned if you refuse it; d*mned if you take that high paying load and find out there's 100% deadhead on the way out, d*mned if you pass it up; so Leo, it's all your fault!!

Anyway, I did a search for 'posts' on 'authority' and 500 of them came up, including each post in this thread that mentions it.
There are many many threads throughout the annals of EO (good thing I spelled THAT one right!). Sometimes I'll be searching for one thing and I'll come upon a thread that's so interesting and informative and about something completely different, and I never would've even thought to look for it, and d*mmit Leo, I find myself reading all night long! It's Leo's fault I can't get any sleep!!!

Course I'm kiddin Leo, we all wuv you even tho you're grouchy today :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Don't you wonder sometimes when you are going through old threads why in the world did they post that on this thread? I enjoy going through the old threads and the end of the world is coming, the end of FedEx, Panther is coming, when there is a policy change at any company the end of the world is coming and on and on. I love the ones to about the high price of fuel being about $2.00 and everyone was going out of business. I think at that time they were getting more per mile then we are today.

The old posts are fun and for some reason the old posts remind me often of the story of Chicken Little!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken, You just summed up the job description of a mod in 2 sentences... LOL.. takes me 3 pages !!!

Dale

Dreamer.... I subscribe to the K.I.S.S theory...

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid;)

Unlike some hard shelled creatures around here...who must get paid by the word or writing a thesis....*LOL*

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dreamer.... I subscribe to the K.I.S.S theory...

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid;)

Unlike some hard shelled creatures around here...who must get paid by the word or writing a thesis....*LOL*
OVM you should not talk about Dreamer that way! How else would he be able to afford that Cadillac van he has?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
How else would he be able to afford that Cadillac van he has?

CADILLAC???
36_11_6.gif

Um... yeah....

I'm grateful for it.. but Caddy it 'ain't "... LOL.

Dale

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM you should not talk about Dreamer that way! How else would he be able to afford that Cadillac van he has?

speaking of doom and gloom and old posts...the end is near for vans and vans will go extinct...

And what do we do??

Now we have Barney Rubble (Dreamer) behind the wheel...:rolleyes: