February Location and Banter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
ohh i thought you were still down off 59... well GE is over in Nash at the train / railyard, and i have run out of there a few times with Load 1

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sure hope it's soon..I've moved all the bedroom furniture around and am doing the spring cleaning..I'd get a lot more done if I wasn't peeking in here...:)

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a nice load today...Mike Johnson Jr. Hookin me up Kings Mountain, North Carolina to Garland, Texas...1000 mile trip...Dollas...Than a nice load towards Michigan for the weekend cuz I deliver tomorrow in the A.M. lookin at a super nice check either way...Than it's time for some hometime...Been out since the second week of January...lol Ken good luck you'll get outta there I wouldnt move if I did it'd be to Memphis or North Nashville...:confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a nice load today...Mike Johnson Jr. Hookin me up Kings Mountain, North Carolina to Garland, Texas...1000 mile trip...Dollas...Than a nice load towards Michigan for the weekend cuz I deliver tomorrow in the A.M. lookin at a super nice check either way...Than it's time for some hometime...Been out since the second week of January...lol Ken good luck you'll get outta there I wouldnt move if I did it'd be to Memphis or North Nashville...:confused:

Nice load Todd....yep...gave the wheel of fortune a spin and see where I land...:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Only darn unit over 24 hours sitting!!!! :mad:

Highly unusual...he was positive they'd get him a trip, but he decided to take the paid move up to Nashville. Hopefully the dispatchers will still come through John. We know they're doing their best.:)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Stopped at the weigh station just south of Chicago on 55. We deliver at 9 am in morning and all truck stops are pay lots so decided to. Stay night here for free.

We were enroute to drop the load this afternoon and the truck quit shifting. Called for help. Had a tow truck on the way, had dispatch looking for someone else to come and get our load to finish delivery. In the mean time Tracy was out trying to figure out what was wrong. Truck was stuck in drive and wouldn't shift out of drive. (Autoshift) Tracy finally got the truck up and operational. The cylinoid had stuck, he got it to release and we drove almost another 400 miles before we stopped for the night. We are going to have to have that changed.
We have been running so much this week, we haven't been in a truck stop long enough to shower or wash laundry. We actually ran out of hours for Tracy to drive yesturday. We had to stop for 4 hours before we could move on. That was mainly a miscalculation on his part. We didn't realize that was going to happen when accepting the load. We have never run as much as we have this past week. We aren't used to having to worry whether we will have enough hours to make a run.
We have been out here since the 16th of January.
Just before we got to where we were stopping for the night we got a call asking if we wanted to run to Alabama. The loads are deffinately there if you are willing to run like crazy.

Thought it was funny, while in California we met a couple who had been waiting for 3 days to get a load out Ontario California. We had pulled in and they seen our Load1 and came over to talk to us. They have been talking to Brian Welch but hadn't completed the application as of yet. Of course they asked us what we thought of "oad1. We can't sing Load1aks praises enough. We went inside to talk a little and had coffee and pop. We talked for about an hour. The man, Bill, said I am curious how long it will be befre you get a load out of here. There are several drivers who have been sitting here for days. About 10 minutes later is when we got our orders to move on out for our next load. I think Bill was impressed on how little we sat there before getting a load. I bet he gets his paperwork in soon now.

I have to go home for couple days. My cousin's son was killed in car accident couple days ago. I want to make it to the showing on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am hoping dispatch can get me a run from the O'Hare to Toledo or Detroit tomorrow so I don't have to dead head home. We will see what happens. Either way I will be home Saturday night so I can go and be with my family in this sad time. I want to be with my cousin for support, even though I haven't seen her in years. I know the pain of losing a child so I want to be there for her.
Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
God Bless you all!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Stopped at the weigh station just south of Chicago on 55. We deliver at 9 am in morning and all truck stops are pay lots so decided to. Stay night here for free.

We were enroute to drop the load this afternoon and the truck quit shifting. Called for help. Had a tow truck on the way, had dispatch looking for someone else to come and get our load to finish delivery. In the mean time Tracy was out trying to figure out what was wrong. Truck was stuck in drive and wouldn't shift out of drive. (Autoshift) Tracy finally got the truck up and operational. The cylinoid had stuck, he got it to release and we drove almost another 400 miles before we stopped for the night. We are going to have to have that changed.
We have been running so much this week, we haven't been in a truck stop long enough to shower or wash laundry. We actually ran out of hours for Tracy to drive yesturday. We had to stop for 4 hours before we could move on. That was mainly a miscalculation on his part. We didn't realize that was going to happen when accepting the load. We have never run as much as we have this past week. We aren't used to having to worry whether we will have enough hours to make a run.
We have been out here since the 16th of January.
Just before we got to where we were stopping for the night we got a call asking if we wanted to run to Alabama. The loads are deffinately there if you are willing to run like crazy.

Thought it was funny, while in California we met a couple who had been waiting for 3 days to get a load out Ontario California. We had pulled in and they seen our Load1 and came over to talk to us. They have been talking to Brian Welch but hadn't completed the application as of yet. Of course they asked us what we thought of "oad1. We can't sing Load1aks praises enough. We went inside to talk a little and had coffee and pop. We talked for about an hour. The man, Bill, said I am curious how long it will be befre you get a load out of here. There are several drivers who have been sitting here for days. About 10 minutes later is when we got our orders to move on out for our next load. I think Bill was impressed on how little we sat there before getting a load. I bet he gets his paperwork in soon now.

I have to go home for couple days. My cousin's son was killed in car accident couple days ago. I want to make it to the showing on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am hoping dispatch can get me a run from the O'Hare to Toledo or Detroit tomorrow so I don't have to dead head home. We will see what happens. Either way I will be home Saturday night so I can go and be with my family in this sad time. I want to be with my cousin for support, even though I haven't seen her in years. I know the pain of losing a child so I want to be there for her.
Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
God Bless you all!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Sorry to hear about your loss. Please convey my sympathy to your cousin.

I am glad to see you made the switch to Load 1. I did not know you had until I saw you post here. If there is anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The vans get paid empty moves? Is that in addition to the layover pay?

Never been offered a paid move in my S/T. Hmmm

Maybe because you are always in a good spot?

and yes in addition to layover

2 miles from my pick up...Springfield Tn going to...drumroll...Taylor...*lol*

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Roadking, sorry for the families loss....It is good to see you 2 doing so well, it shows that the move to Load 1 was a ggod one for you, too bad it took your owner a bit longer to make the decision to move...but alls well that ends well...