February Location and Banter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
So with the new truck coming, me and the wife deicide that John has done all he said he was going to do and then some for us drivers and he have proven to be one of the best owners I have worked for in all of my business dealings, so we figured we would do the complete Load 1 stripe package...well...you knew there was a "Well" or a "But"....LOL

I am going to have the stripe guy do the complete package including the "Big Blue Stripe" on the OLD van so that when the new driver takes it, it will be all set!! Then, I am going to have all of the Load 1 Logo's and signage om the new truck and I ordered a "Patriotic" stripe for the Cab of the thruck that I will have the Stripe guy blend into a "Narrower" Big Blue Stripe on the box....:D

So here is a link to the for the Cab Stripe:

Car Graphics Kit Part #GK335 | Patriotic Car Decals, Patriotic Graphics for Cars and Trucks

Oh and it was delivered to the house this morning!!!

There was also some thought to having a big picture of a running Male dog as seen from behind with his tail up,,,and the words under that saying..."If you aren't the Lead dog, the Scenery Never Change"..."Run as the Leader, Load 1"
But my wife reminded me that while John was a freat guy, he is also a very good businessman, and she just didn't see him having his company name used in that "type of Advertising....:D

So no dog picture on the rollup rear door.....:rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

I have to go home for couple days. My cousin's son was killed in car accident couple days ago. I want to make it to the showing on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am hoping dispatch can get me a run from the O'Hare to Toledo or Detroit tomorrow so I don't have to dead head home. We will see what happens. Either way I will be home Saturday night so I can go and be with my family in this sad time. I want to be with my cousin for support, even though I haven't seen her in years. I know the pain of losing a child so I want to be there for her.
Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
God Bless you all!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

so sorry for your loss m'dear, but are happy you've made the "big" time with your loads.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So with the new truck coming, me and the wife deicide that John has done all he said he was going to do and then some for us drivers and he have proven to be one of the best owners I have worked for in all of my business dealings, so we figured we would do the complete Load 1 stripe package...well...you knew there was a "Well" or a "But"....LOL

I am going to have the stripe guy do the complete package including the "Big Blue Stripe" on the OLD van so that when the new driver takes it, it will be all set!! Then, I am going to have all of the Load 1 Logo's and signage om the new truck and I ordered a "Patriotic" stripe for the Cab of the thruck that I will have the Stripe guy blend into a "Narrower" Big Blue Stripe on the box....:D

So here is a link to the for the Cab Stripe:

Car Graphics Kit Part #GK335 | Patriotic Car Decals, Patriotic Graphics for Cars and Trucks

Oh and it was delivered to the house this morning!!!

There was also some thought to having a big picture of a running Male dog as seen from behind with his tail up,,,and the words under that saying..."If you aren't the Lead dog, the Scenery Never Change"..."Run as the Leader, Load 1"
But my wife reminded me that while John was a freat guy, he is also a very good businessman, and she just didn't see him having his company name used in that "type of Advertising....:D

So no dog picture on the rollup rear door.....:rolleyes:

Now i'm having visions of a running big dog chasing my cats...think all of that would fit on a sprinter? *lol*

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Juju wrote:

Now i'm having visions of a running big dog chasing my cats...think all of that would fit on a sprinter? *lol*

Hey I thought it was a fitting Tribute to a great Company!! Now if we can get a few more to go with the idea, just maybe John would "sign off" on it !!!:D

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Stopped at the weigh station just south of Chicago on 55. We deliver at 9 am in morning and all truck stops are pay lots so decided to. Stay night here for free.

We were enroute to drop the load this afternoon and the truck quit shifting. Called for help. Had a tow truck on the way, had dispatch looking for someone else to come and get our load to finish delivery. In the mean time Tracy was out trying to figure out what was wrong. Truck was stuck in drive and wouldn't shift out of drive. (Autoshift) Tracy finally got the truck up and operational. The cylinoid had stuck, he got it to release and we drove almost another 400 miles before we stopped for the night. We are going to have to have that changed.
We have been running so much this week, we haven't been in a truck stop long enough to shower or wash laundry. We actually ran out of hours for Tracy to drive yesturday. We had to stop for 4 hours before we could move on. That was mainly a miscalculation on his part. We didn't realize that was going to happen when accepting the load. We have never run as much as we have this past week. We aren't used to having to worry whether we will have enough hours to make a run.
We have been out here since the 16th of January.
Just before we got to where we were stopping for the night we got a call asking if we wanted to run to Alabama. The loads are deffinately there if you are willing to run like crazy.

Thought it was funny, while in California we met a couple who had been waiting for 3 days to get a load out Ontario California. We had pulled in and they seen our Load1 and came over to talk to us. They have been talking to Brian Welch but hadn't completed the application as of yet. Of course they asked us what we thought of "oad1. We can't sing Load1aks praises enough. We went inside to talk a little and had coffee and pop. We talked for about an hour. The man, Bill, said I am curious how long it will be befre you get a load out of here. There are several drivers who have been sitting here for days. About 10 minutes later is when we got our orders to move on out for our next load. I think Bill was impressed on how little we sat there before getting a load. I bet he gets his paperwork in soon now.

I have to go home for couple days. My cousin's son was killed in car accident couple days ago. I want to make it to the showing on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I am hoping dispatch can get me a run from the O'Hare to Toledo or Detroit tomorrow so I don't have to dead head home. We will see what happens. Either way I will be home Saturday night so I can go and be with my family in this sad time. I want to be with my cousin for support, even though I haven't seen her in years. I know the pain of losing a child so I want to be there for her.
Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
God Bless you all!

You and your family will be in our prayers.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, I would have like to do this deal with your friend, but i understand not being at the right point at this time...one of the guys I am looking at is a young guy that returned from active duty in Iraq not all that long ago and has been doing the team deal with his dad for a while in a CV..:eek:...I am kind of leaning that way, give him a chance to start a new life and career...my wife thinks thats the way we should go, but we will see next week...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Thanks, I would have like to do this deal with your friend, but i understand not being at the right point at this time...one of the guys I am looking at is a young guy that returned from active duty in Iraq not all that long ago and has been doing the team deal with his dad for a while in a CV..:eek:...I am kind of leaning that way, give him a chance to start a new life and career...my wife thinks thats the way we should go, but we will see next week...

You've got my vote...anything to help out a young fellow that's paid his dues is way beyond ok with me! :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Tracy, really sorry for your families loss.

Ron, straights will get reposition pay as well if dispatch determines to relocate them. I think we don't have to relocate straights as often as vans or sprinters.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Thank you John. Well we are dead heading home. We waited at the O'Hare till about 3pm no luck getting a load to the Toledo or Detroit area, so we decided to dead head home. We should get home about 9pm tonight and will be home till Tues.
We could use the rest as well. Then we will be back out driving all over our great country again.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and condolences for our families loss, we really appreciate it.

Chef Dennis,
Will it be a long haired or short haired dog or wolf? That will make all the difference........:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Roadking....I am thinkin a picture of my Oldest daughters Pit Bull Rocky.:D

You get the "affect" :)

Last edited: