February Location and Banter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am at home..temp is -16, windchill factor..-42..:eek:

Hows everyone dealing with that storm back east?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Sittin in Laredo with 1 other CV and 2 Sprinters..have no idea where they are, but they show on the Macro 19....I am #2 for the CV, but ahead of both Sprinters...Thinkin of moving north, not sure yet where, but while I'll drive in the messsy weather, but I am really not interested in moving to sit in it...oh well we will see how it goes today here and make a decision from there later today...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Both my loads came out up by San Ant. and Eagle Pass is not too far away...if ya wanna play closest truck...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea if I move it might be to either of those...I know that Continential plant in Sequin has regular loads to the north....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
went out and the van started right up...went to pick up the mail at the PO and brakes were frozen up abit...:eek:...

Then I had my last BOL to scan and the scanner was frozen...! had to thaw it out...

my windshield fluid good to -34 is frozen...:eek:

other then the cold...it is a nice day..:D.*LOL*

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM worte:

Then I had my last BOL to scan and the scanner was frozen...! had to thaw it out...

Wait!! You have been empty for 2.5-3 days...home for 2 days...and you are JUST NOW SCANNING THAT LAST BOL IN!?!?!?! :eek:

JOHNNNNNN.....

And yes when that scanner gets too cold i lay it by the heat ducts to warm it up so that it will work....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM worte:

Wait!! You have been empty for 2.5-3 days...home for 2 days...and you are JUST NOW SCANNING THAT LAST BOL IN!?!?!?! :eek:

JOHNNNNNN.....

And yes when that scanner gets too cold i lay it by the heat ducts to warm it up so that it will work....

Hey..i was busy..;).*LOL*

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
OVM worte:

JOHNNNNNN.....

I was thinking the same thing!!!!! Scan immediately after delivery???????

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well thank god you didn't try and go with #64!!!!!! :D

Dennis, I would hang tight. Ice storm up towards Dallas. Dispatch tells me they are seeing some volume down there. Hard to say anything for sure with this storm!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yes the decision to stay certainly paid off! I want to thank john and Load 1 for the integrity you show with these kind of runs...this would have been a mini with anyone else...but yhis company shows it true colors daily in more ways then most companies can only hope to do...

Thanks John, Load 1 and Joe.....:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes the decision to stay certainly paid off! I want to thank john and Load 1 for the integrity you show with these kind of runs...this would have been a mini with anyone else...but yhis company shows it true colors daily in more ways then most companies can only hope to do...

Thanks John, Load 1 and Joe.....:)
The gang in dispatch has never disappointed,,,when it comes to the pay on them small loads

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
The gang in dispatch has never disappointed,,,when it comes to the pay on them small loads

SO TRUE. Jeremy called me Sunday afternoon he was having trouble getting 2 loads covered. So I covered them for him. Pick up in Romulus deliver to Romulus 3 miles away. Pick up again in Romulus 4 miles away deliver to Lansing 87 miles away. While unloading in Lansing Caryn called me with a pick up in Grand Rapids going back to Wixom MI. So I had roughly 345 miles that day including deadhead to the load and back home after the last drop. I was paid over $2.00 a mile for all miles.

I love doing the shortys for them especially if they can stack em up on ya. I can clean up on those and sleep at home that night. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
went out and played with the snowblower for a couple hours...beauty day here today..
tomorrow...oil change.

guido4475

Not a Member
On a more serious note, I received a nice birthday card from Load One today.Since I have been in this business since 1989,this is the first company to send me one..A real nice touch of appreciation.Thank you.