Expediter Services

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Whenever I have a problem with FedEx I call FedEx and the problem gets solved.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok.....I am confused. Panther gives you all the locations and load averages for every area of the country. That is also broken down into 5 and 21 day averages available via the QC and internet. Why would someone pay for a service that is already provided free of charge?

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
OK Davekc, it seems that you are confused most of the time. With 8616 posts when do you find the time to haul freight. You are a senior moderator which means you are supposed to be impartial. I have no idea what Panther offers you, I am simply stating what is offered by Expediter Services and my experiences with them. Expediter Services also has trucks with Panther and if they felt their load data was sufficient they would rely on it instead of putting in the work it takes to improve the data for their trucks. Why don't you take more time running your trucks and less time criticizing others who have no desire to hear your sarcastic comments.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
Whenever I have a problem with FedEx I call FedEx and the problem gets solved.

I am not trying to reach O/O who are already with FedEX CC. The information I have is for people who are looking to start a career in expedite or who are unhappy with their current situation. If you are unhappy with yours, which is why I am guessing you are looking through the recruiter threads, then take it up elsewhere.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I am not trying to reach O/O who are already with FedEX CC. The information I have is for people who are looking to start a career in expedite or who are unhappy with their current situation. If you are unhappy with yours, which is why I am guessing you are looking through the recruiter threads, then take it up elsewhere.

I am perfectly happy with my situation. And I started my expedite career with FedEx driving one of Expediter Services trucks. I have nothing but good things to say about Expediter Services.
Your opinion on this service that they offer seems to be that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. My opinion is that they are not doing anything for you that you could not be doing yourself.
Also, I read all the threads in the new posts section. I learn how to better manage my business by doing so. That way I don't have to pay someone to do it for me.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
If you are happy with your situation , there is no need for you to look through the recruiting posts. you can contact Todd Ferguson at FDCC if you think I'm telling stories about the plan are not true. I have his phone number if you need it .

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
OK Davekc, it seems that you are confused most of the time. With 8616 posts when do you find the time to haul freight. You are a senior moderator which means you are supposed to be impartial. I have no idea what Panther offers you, I am simply stating what is offered by Expediter Services and my experiences with them. Expediter Services also has trucks with Panther and if they felt their load data was sufficient they would rely on it instead of putting in the work it takes to improve the data for their trucks. Why don't you take more time running your trucks and less time criticizing others who have no desire to hear your sarcastic comments.

Your comments were relating to the benefits of this program with regards to Panther. I know you are now with Fedex with whom I thought Fedex supplied that same information free of charge. Maybe not? I am not there so maybe I have been mislead.
As for whether I have time to haul freight is a legitimate question. I do thousands of miles a day right from my office chair and never leave the room. As for my confusion, it is directly related to your description of a contractor paying program with limited information. Might be the greatest thing on earth in which I could be interested, but not with your provided details thus far.
Maybe more beneficial once additional information is posted.

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Wow! Somebody trying to callout Dave! :eek:

I would back off a bit there. The information given by Dave and the others that have been in this biz for years, should be absorbed and digested before slamming them. I, for one, take what they as very educational. :eek:

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
I guess you have been mislead then. As far as the program goes, I supplied a name, number and e-mail address for the Expediter Services recruiter and FEDEX CC recruiter, who can fully explain, slowly, and in detail, what the program benefits are. I am not a recruiter and never claimed to be one. I am just an O/O who can see past your weak attempts to discredit a legitimate program. And I am not the only one.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
Well, if he provided any valuable information, instead of taking cheap shots at someone just trying to spread the word about a program that is very beneficial to drivers, I wouldn't have to call him out. He is not the only one that has been in this business for years.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You would likely serve your cause better if you accurately describe the benefits of your program. If your marginal information is put in a forum, it is going to be open to scrutiny and possibly marginal answers. What you interpret as cheap shots from other members is only based on your limited provided information. No need to shoot the messengers.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
OK, for any information regarding specific questions about the program, including the new health care program, contact Jeff Tacker at 662-349-9300 or [email protected], or for any general information Todd Ferguson, FedEX Custom Critical at 888-234-3790, e-mail [email protected]. I am only a O/O running for them and can only tell you about the ways they have helped my wife and I. They are there for any kind of support and will do whatever they can do to help.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, if he provided any valuable information,
DaveKC was trying to help you provide the information, by asking for clarification - slamming him doesn't help your cause at all.
instead of taking cheap shots at someone just trying to spread the word about a program that is very beneficial to drivers, I wouldn't have to call him out. He is not the only one that has been in this business for years.
But he IS the one who has been here for years, helping, and we've learned that he can be trusted.
You, I'm not so sure of - why are you trying so hard to sell it?
PS Reading this forum has nothing to do with being satisfied [or not] - some of us like to get information from wherever it can be found, just to have it. Weird, maybe, but it's who we are.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Not sure if they found enough people or what. I tried to contact them last week and still haven't heard from them, I was truely interested in hearing what they offered and for info on their lease purchase prog they advertise. Oh well that just fits in with my luck,

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I wanted to talk about who Expediter Services is and my experiences with them. My wife and I started 4 years ago with ES running for Panther. My wife had no experience and they let us use the truck to train and test for her class B CDL. When we got on the road they were a great source of support and information. The load information they provide is unequaled in the industry. They give you load information up to a 400 mile radius from where you are at. The info includes how many loads in the last 30 days and the average miles. It also includes departure city, state and date and arrival city, state and date. This a great advantage to be in the best possible place for the freight. We were in New Jersey and needed to get home, so they let us deadhead on their dime to get there, in south Texas. When I bought my own truck the decision to stay with ES was an easy one. I was having problems with the dealership I bought my truck from, I called ES. The dealership was supposed to fix a few things that I found to be wrong with the truck, and when they told me they had fulfilled their obligation and refused to fix these things, I called ES and not too long after that I received a phone call from the dealership. Everything I was promised was fulfilled and then some. This is just one of the advantages of running for someone who will always have your back. Whenever I have a problem with FedEX they are the first ones I call and the problem is always solved. I can’t see myself going anywhere any time in the future. If anyone has any questions regarding the O/O program provided by Expediter Services they can call Jeff Tacker at 662-349-9300 or [email protected], or Todd Ferguson, FedEX Custom Critical at 888-234-3790, e-mail [email protected]. Thanks for your time. Scott Thomas D7827

I am to somewhat confused about the Panther thing, but don't want to say to much or I might get called out. I'm not even sure how that program works.:cool:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Not sure if they found enough people or what. I tried to contact them last week and still haven't heard from them, I was truely interested in hearing what they offered and for info on their lease purchase prog they advertise. Oh well that just fits in with my luck,

I heard from a lady today after church that luck is from the devil and being blessed is from the almighty. Consider yourself blessed.:D

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
I am to somewhat confused about the Panther thing, but don't want to say to much or I might get called out. I'm not even sure how that program works.:cool:

Just wondering what you were confused about. All I can do is offer contact information for ES. If you are not interested, move on.

Any questions about the program can be answered by Jeff Tacker at 662-349-9300 or [email protected], or for any general information Todd Ferguson, FedEX Custom Critical at 888-234-3790, e-mail [email protected]

judonome

Seasoned Expediter

If you call or e-mail they will answer.
Jeff Tacker at 662-349-9300 or [email protected], or for any general information Todd Ferguson, FedEX Custom Critical at 888-234-3790, e-mail [email protected]

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I believe you get a referral bonus if you get someone to sign up for this service?

I checked on this program as curiosity got the better of me and I sat down and chatted with Paul as well. I believe one of the stipulations is you cannot all ready be an O/O leased to one of the companies and I do not believe you can switch companies.

The one thing they had that really interested me was the help you could get if broke down. They will use their clout to get you back on the road and rolling. We as a one truck owner operator would have to sit in line and hope they had the parts.

The reason I see them not letting existing O/O in this program as they are they know we are well aware of the discounts we have with fuel, with FedEx discounts, as well as where to go for a load. We use our own ingenuity as well as the information we get from FCC on where our next load will originate from.

From what I was told I believe the program is great for some and others who know how the game is played a waste of money. That weekly fee is steep for information and discounts we can get on our own or through our company. Even as a new O/O we can form our own networks and use other drivers as resources and not pay them a weekly fee.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I guess you have been mislead then. As far as the program goes, I supplied a name, number and e-mail address for the Expediter Services recruiter and FEDEX CC recruiter, who can fully explain, slowly, and in detail, what the program benefits are. I am not a recruiter and never claimed to be one. I am just an O/O who can see past your weak attempts to discredit a legitimate program. And I am not the only one.

John just asked a question and your firing back because John, myself and a few others are trying to figure out what you posted about Panther.
Sounds to me like someone is really stressed out.:eek:

Thanks Linda, that cleared it up for me. I did not know that was something for people new getting in. The fee thing is way out there.

Last edited: