Expediter Services

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone looking to run for an excellent O/O representative company with great support for FedEx Custom Critical or Panther? Excellent fuel discounts and Insurance. Know where the loads are with up to date information on express centers and load boards. Get 80% of load revenue upon completion of load, and the remainder after insurance and deductions on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

knightwolf

Seasoned Expediter
So how does the program work, and how much money will be getting or not getting. How much am i going to pay in on the back side which i will not be able to see," the hidden cost?"

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
I am an O/O running for Expediter Services. I drove one of their trucks for 4 years and then bought my own. The fee for being represented by ES is $46.50/week. The fuel savings with their fuel program is enough to cover that easily. For example, I fueled in Commerce City, CO and saved 28.9 c/gallon on 80 gallons, and Amarillo,TX and saved 25.6 c/gallon on 88 gallons. The insurance is also a big savings. The load information you have access to will also increase your revenue by giving you past load information for the area you are considering to go to or are already at. They take no percentage of line haul and are working with the carriers on this program. I am in unit D7827 and run for FedEX CC. The services provided from ES are a must have for success in the expedite industry.

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
You saved how much per mile? I call either a typo or BS. That would make your fuel pretty close to free.

Posted from my phone, because I'm too lazy to open the 'puter.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Anyone looking to run for an excellent O/O representative company with great support for FedEx Custom Critical or Panther? Excellent fuel discounts and Insurance. Know where the loads are with up to date information on express centers and load boards. Get 80% of load revenue upon completion of load, and the remainder after insurance and deductions on a weekly basis.
So what will they do with a C/V? So if you run with Fed Ex, does Fed Ex take their share as well? Can you run for them as an independent? If your running for 80%, 80% of what? Do you see their rates to know what your 80% is? Just curious.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
FedEX is going to offer loads with their interests already satisfied. Then you decide whether or not to accept the load. You can run as an independent for FedEX but you will not get the same fuel discounts or insurance. The escrow is also considerably higher. The 80% pertains to the entire load. Fuel surcharge, deadhead, tolls and per mile pay are all included in the 80%. Every load will be different when it comes to compensation, but with HAZMAT endorsements, DOD Clearance, IAC clearance, and the right equipment you will be open for many more opportunities. They are also working on getting a group together for health insurance at a reduced rate.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Ok, so confirm that they are not taking a cut of the rate to the truck, just a weekly fee to get discounts and load history, is that correct?

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Let me get this straight: you run independent of FedEx, but haul their expedite loads, and at 80% of what's charged the customer? On top of that you get fuel and insurance discounts? Where do I sign up?

Pardon the sarcasm. Something smells fishy.....or "bull*****y".

Posted from my phone, because I'm too lazy to open the 'puter.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
I never said anything about running independently from FedEX, or for 80% of whats charged to the customer. No one out here knows what the customer is paying the carrier, and the fuel and insurance discounts are just as described before. The 80% is whatever you agree to haul the load for, and if you don't believe me about the program then you have been running for the wrong carrier for a while.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I never said anything about running independently from FedEX, or for 80% of whats charged to the customer. No one out here knows what the customer is paying the carrier, and the fuel and insurance discounts are just as described before. The 80% is whatever you agree to haul the load for, and if you don't believe me about the program then you have been running for the wrong carrier for a while.

You may want to describe this program. Specifically....what is the 80 percent for if you are collecting a 40 some dollar weekly fee?
A contractor already recieves the carrier discount using their fuel card.
If it is paying a weekly fee plus 20 percent of something, whats the point to the truck owner?
And one slight thought. Many know what the customer is paying the carrier or have access to it. As for insurance, it is cheaper outside of the carrier but others have access to that as well.
What am I missing?
Maybe you could spell this out a little differently.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think he meant that you get 80% advanced upon POD and the remaining 20% whenever their usual settlements times are minus insurance and the weekly charge. Is that correct?

Last edited:

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, that's correct. If anyone has specific questions about the pay and discount programs, they can contact Jeff Tacker at 662-349-9300 or [email protected], or Todd Ferguson, FedEX Custom Critical at 888-234-3790, e-mail [email protected].

Scott Thomas Owner Operator FedEX Custom Critical unit D7827

Last edited:

Kazper1008

Seasoned Expediter
Is this something new? My wife and I ran for them at 40% of the load and no area load info. We left in 2009 and bought our own truck instead of well wishes they told us we wouldnt make it and would probably be back. Havent been back and im still running. They never payed us when we left instead they charged us for the dpf system. They are responsible for maintenance but when you call in Chris always told us to wait and he would take care of it another time. Told him we had a bad tire he wouldnt take my word for it he let the Ta shop in Lafayette LA tell him the tire was good so he didnt change it. Took it to another shop and the owner called Chris and told him the tire was real bad he had to change it or the owner was going to call DOT. What a shame!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I guess I am not quite getting this. The carriers are the ones giving the fuel discounts through their card services and they tell you where the freight is and isn't.
So, could one get a saving of 186 a month or 2232 a year in savings on the insurance?
Not likely when using Progressive as a comparison. 2232 would be closer to the total premium for the year.
Only advantage I could remotely see would be leasing through them for Panther. They may be able to get the truck in at a higher rate but you give most of it back if you are paying 186 a month for it. Don't see any advantage at the Fed unless your into a favoritism issue.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I think this whole program is just another way to get money out of unsuspecting owner operators. Maybe you can save a few bucks on fuel discounts using the ES fuel card or on group insurance. Or maybe not. It is hard for me to believe that ES can get a bigger fuel discount then FedEx. And if you need insurance call CIS.
We already have info on past load history for a given express center by calling in on the phone and using option 2 then 6. We do it all the time if we are unsure of an area.
Getting 80% of the pay at delivery would be nice, but not at a cost of $46.50 per week. Besides we can already get 20% of the run pay when we are dispatched and 25% of the run pay after we are loaded. (This is a recent change for those that are unaware of it) Waiting 10 days to 2 weeks for the rest of the pay is not that big of a deal.
I don't see anything in this program that would make me want to sign up.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not sure if this is a ripoff or not. One thing I am sure of is I want to team with Julie!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Okay, this is a topic I'm hearing more about. So what do I do? Go straight to the people who everyone in this thread is talking about...Very interesting program to say the least. I think they may just get the whole "owner-operator" idea after all. More to follow.

judonome

Seasoned Expediter
I wanted to talk about who Expediter Services is and my experiences with them. My wife and I started 4 years ago with ES running for Panther. My wife had no experience and they let us use the truck to train and test for her class B CDL. When we got on the road they were a great source of support and information. The load information they provide is unequaled in the industry. They give you load information up to a 400 mile radius from where you are at. The info includes how many loads in the last 30 days and the average miles. It also includes departure city, state and date and arrival city, state and date. This a great advantage to be in the best possible place for the freight. We were in New Jersey and needed to get home, so they let us deadhead on their dime to get there, in south Texas. When I bought my own truck the decision to stay with ES was an easy one. I was having problems with the dealership I bought my truck from, I called ES. The dealership was supposed to fix a few things that I found to be wrong with the truck, and when they told me they had fulfilled their obligation and refused to fix these things, I called ES and not too long after that I received a phone call from the dealership. Everything I was promised was fulfilled and then some. This is just one of the advantages of running for someone who will always have your back. Whenever I have a problem with FedEX they are the first ones I call and the problem is always solved. I can’t see myself going anywhere any time in the future. If anyone has any questions regarding the O/O program provided by Expediter Services they can call Jeff Tacker at 662-349-9300 or [email protected], or Todd Ferguson, FedEX Custom Critical at 888-234-3790, e-mail [email protected]. Thanks for your time. Scott Thomas D7827