Everybody getting paid?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pay is right on time...in fact a run I did last Friday a crappy back and forth that caused me to sit the weekend, they bumped the rate and didn't even tell me till I checked my online statement..gave me an extra $52 bucks!! How's that for a carrier! :)

Oh yeah for you old folk might remember..pre 80 recession normal billing was 90 days accepted practice but when interest rates skyrocketed invoicing was cut down to 60-30 days because people needed the cash flow..I can see why some are holding onto their cash longer to maintain the cash flow and thier liquidity.

Last edited:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Times have changed - we are aware of that. I am starting to work on a solution that would be fair and LEGAL to address the concerns mentioned in this post.

We are very concerned about these issues and how they are taking a toll on owner operators.

All these years and all the people that have come and gone from this site and you're JUST NOW STARTING to address this issue.....WOW. And you say the forum is 'for the people'??

While you're 'working on a solution' for the pay to drivers concerns, maybe you could include a solution for the unscrupulous business practices of some of your product advertisers.....years too late for some of us but it might be a nice gesture toward maintaining the integrity of the site.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
How can the proprietor of this web site be in any way responsible for the business practices of the Advertisers?.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
How can the proprietor of this web site be in any way responsible for the business practices of the Advertisers?.

They really aren't. No different than a TV station that operates on revenue from advertisers. If there is a dispute with one of the advertisers, or even several, the TV station doesn't stop their ads/commercials. Enough complaints or the people stop buying, then the problem corrects itself.

termite289

Expert Expediter
dude, if you have the documentation that they owe you money, hire an attorney, and have him get it for you. this is a website, not a personal vendetta to tear down the reputation of any company. i have sen several posts here about your disinterestedness and well, not to be a dick, but it is getting old.
yes this site advertises for the company in question. and they advertise for a lot of other companies as well. thats how they keep the site up and running. are the owners of the site going to be held responsible for the business practices of every advertiser they have, if so, they might as well shut it down now. because this is about trucking, this is not the better business burro.
send your paperwork to the company in question return receipt requested, and keep copies of everything. do it all in writing, cause if it isn't in writing, it didn't happen. sh!t

sheetmom

Seasoned Expediter
NO!!! I have been off for about a 2 months now and this truck driving school in indianapolis well now Anderson In. has this thing that they hold back money till you quit then you are supposed to get it in forty five days they owe me over 1500 dollars. I have heard a lot of negative about this school and company and didnt think it was true now they bit me after three years with them. So watch out for the Gold brown freightliners with green shamrocks on them.

DougTravels

Not a Member
NO!!! I have been off for about a 2 months now and this truck driving school in indianapolis well now Anderson In. has this thing that they hold back money till you quit then you are supposed to get it in forty five days they owe me over 1500 dollars. I have heard a lot of negative about this school and company and didnt think it was true now they bit me after three years with them. So watch out for the Gold brown freightliners with green shamrocks on them.

I'm confused (It doesn't take much sometimes). You worked for a driving school?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I know who they are talking about now. They did move from Indy to Anderson. There is a lot of negative things in the cyber world about them. It looks like they may have had an infusion of money when they moved, like they might have been trying to clean up their act. They bought new trucks and some other things.

They train class b drivers and put them on with companies in a lease to own deal. I thought they only did teams on that deal.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
yea most people,the types who need there hands held for every move i think, don't understand because they don't read i guess, but that 1000 that they front you to help get you started plus your room and board while at the school your physicals licensing fees,insurance, etc, etc has to comes from somewhere. you have to pay for it thats what the money is for if you. happen to get above 5k you have paid that all back if you don't you still might be short.

now in your contract it plain and simply states you'll lose that even if you don't met your obligation IE drive for the whole year.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't see those costs getting anywhere close to 5k?
But it does the beg the question as to why someone would have the need to attend a truck driving school to obtain a class B license? It can all be done on your own for about 300 to 400 tops. And that includes using a rental truck for the test.

sheetmom

Seasoned Expediter
Well all I can say is watch out Ingels I have been where you were as a matter of fact same truck your in now. I did complete all of the legalities of their so called contract. Like I said before with them for three years. Just hope you get yours in the end. I have been begging every week with no response back.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Dave, both my wife and I went to a truck driving school for our "B" license. It cost a bit under $500 and that included the truck for the test. The same truck that we practiced with during the class. It was a one day class. It did help me understand many things that I did not understand before since neither my wife or I had ever driven a truck before. Layoutshooter

routejumper

Seasoned Expediter
To Davekc,
I understand the legalities in question so you don't have to repeat them again. However, my question to you is: Do you advise people differently in person than you rationalize on this site? Your comparison of a TV station accepting sponsor money from possibly fraudulent companies does not sit well with me. Your claim that the advertiser will go out of business after enough customer complaints destroys their business. I hope these advertisers didn't cheat every single one of your friends and family members out of their hard earned money. What kind of rationalization is this: "sorry you got screwed, glad I'm not you!" It is immoral and sleazy not to warn people if you know they are about to get used and abused and robbed for all their efforts. My wife and I, as well as 4 other teams that used to work for a very good company found on this site have been cheated out of over $6,000 each in the past 3 months. All of us have relocated to another company. None of us have the money to initiate a suit, and are not sure when that day will come, or if the suit will get our money back in a timely fashion. I , of course will not name the company here, but if I meet you in the truckstop, or on the cb radio, Dave, I will scream the name of the expedite company that has ruined so many lives. I don't want to see other drivers get it as bad as so many of us have.
That's how I roll.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I will address a couple of things since this is your first post. I have been around for a long time and what I put here is pretty much what you get in person. I will let others decide that of the ones that know me.
The issues of legal liability have already been addressed in several other posts. You do have other options if you care to exercise them. That includes but not limited to, going to OOIDA, your attorney general, a percentage attorney, and legal aid. All which are very affordable.
You have to understand that if you have a claim, you need to pursue it the right way. EO doesn't have a clue as to whether you are right, or the carrier is right. Just the same as mentioned with a TV station. Until they see some legal action, it is nothing more than "he said/she said". A handful of folks may say someone like GM is fraudulent because they didn't complete a repair correctly.
Yet, you still see them on TV. This situation could apply a thousand times over with any given company.
No one wants to see someone get burned. You just have to address it the right way on a public forum.

Last edited: