EO Forum is censored now?

Rikk

Expert Expediter
Check the first amendment guys. The "Tired of hearing" the Panther Conway saga is gone. Hmmmm, could it be due to the fact that Panther is the Sponsor? Or maybe the moderator is a Panther driver? Looks like the same crap we are getting from P2.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
Rikk I find thmost topics on balance here, and given its due to be aired out ... but the some moderators I feel are close to the companies,..some are fleet owners. Im sure there are peeps in the company that may get a heads up on a peticulare subject if that subject is getting a buzz.( remember not so long ago the conway fsc blog got a response from a conway now director. The companies have there ear to the ground here, and I dont blame them . The advantage,, they know the concerns we have and know everything is in the open..Always post with reason facts and open ears, and the truth will show itsself.. the disadvantage most will shy away if they think they are "being watched"
that said I believe its a blogging "hen house" for a few friendss with little participation from the sea of other names signed on here. Not their falt .I spoke with several people who have said they only read on here but do not add to the conversation .. when pressed they certainly have an opinion about their situation.
Ive listened to some very good reasonable people,(I see certain Peeps reply to something and I will read them first) but I know their take on it. Like your favorite OP ED colunist.
How do you get the "great unwashed" ( me included about 4 days out of a week. to express their opinon and their experiences here on this site.. Poll questions ?? I like the site for the most part...but will be the first to call it if it becomes an advertisment for a company.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Is this the post you are talking about?

http://tinyurl.com/kzuh8

It must be, as you replied to it and may be looking to see if anyone replied to your reply.

I don't know of anyone removing any of the P2 threads.

To answer your question YES! posts do get removed, but not for any of the reasons you suspect. But you know this! You have been reading threads more than a year.

Hope the link in this reply is the post you are looking for?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RIKK I think you are mistaken,the Panther bashing post just moved down the list of topics, as when new topics that come in or replies to threads that are already in existence , they move to the top of the line.
There has never been censorship from pressure by an advertiser.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Joebob:
the disadvantage most will shy away if they
>think they are "being watched"

It's a fact of life these days: except in a very few places, we are indeed, being watched - and those who post with statements they can defend, if challenged, don't worry about it.
>that said I believe its a blogging "hen house" for a few
>friendss with little participation from the sea of other
>names signed on here. Not their falt .I spoke with several
>people who have said they only read on here but do not add
>to the conversation .. when pressed they certainly have an
>opinion about their situation.

Whose 'falt' is it?
The people who admit " they only read on here but do not add to the conversation " are the same people who make it a "blogging hen house for a few friends with little participation from the sea of other names signed on here" - if you would like to see more people participate: put your money where your mouth is, so to speak, and speak up! BTW - would you care to explain your reason for the term "hen house"?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
His post is still here and wasn't removed.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hen House - a term used to describe a forum where the people cackling about without the inclusion of outsiders, not unlike a coffee clutch.

Just FYI, EO has no obilgation to allow or disallow someone's comments or post - the first admanment does not apply becuase EO is a private website in reality.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
>
>There has never been censorship from pressure by an
>advertiser.

Rich,i hate to disagree with you on the above statement but i will anyways.

It was only a couple of years ago that a sponsor of this site pressured EO (by threatening legal action) to remove offending posts from this forum.

I will say that does not seem to be the case anymore concerning this sponsor,i am not sure what happened to change that.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
cherri....;-) }> }> :9 and Greg nobodys falt I feel people come and go as they please here. just relaying what I hear.. Hen house well probably a bad choice of words .. how about the people that sit at the "cool"table in the cafateria as one team put it.. I ask a lot of questions when I like something (cherrii ;) ) or interested. and I mention this site to every expiditer i speak with I like it it is a great source of information and relaxation.. ..but there are a core of voices here (Once again no blame)that are heard over over again.. nothing wrong with that .. I enjoy reading everything. but what have you done to encourage paticipation by all those signed on here, and not just by passive reading. Has anyone took the day out to go to the newbee's forum and answered some questions, and follow up with a PM to a newbee with some questions.hows it going? is it what you thought? . things like that. the biggies tend to converse back and forth with each other, thats fine.. but who is fostering new posts from the quiet ones. Information is our biggest asset here

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Joebob, I owe you an apology. Last weekend I said I would pass along a message to Cheri for you. I was unable to as I was stood up. I was there on time, I'm an expediter after all, but there I sat, all by myself. All dressed up and no place to go.

As to this thread, there is a core of people here that do most of the heavy lifting. Most of them have an extensive knowledge of this business as well as lots of other experience to share. We have some that only jump in ocasionally, but when they do they usually hit a homerun. Diesel Doctor comes to mind. Myself, I'm here on a regular basis, but when it comes to advice I'm usually not the first to jump in. Others have more experience and smarts than I do.

As far as encourageing new members, there's only so much you can do. They're welcomed here and helped with their questions. There have been a few times in the past I recieved e-mails and PMs from newbies that I have responded to. I'm sure the others do the same. It sounds like you do a better job than I do with telling people about EO on the road.

Just my $.02. If you see Cheri, tell her I said ;)

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey, I'm not so sure about any "cool" table in this cafe. I have found that the more you post, the more that others get to know you. If it seems as if there is a core of people here who seem to know one another really well, it is probably because they have been posting on here consistently for some time. Sounds like a lot of folks started meeting on here, then ended up meeting at a truck stop, each other's home or at the Expo.

I say this becuase I have only been a member here since May. I lurked for a bit before that. Then I finally found a post I wanted to be included in. I posted. Woohoo! Then, a funny thing happened. After a couple posts, it got addicting. Now I post all over the place.

Now let me say for those who would be offended and feed someone info that this is nothing but a "hen house" or "clique." No one really "knows" me here YET. Why? Because I am still new. Does that bother me? Nope. Not in the slightest. I am here like everyone else. I am making new friends. I am not offended that someone may not acknowledge my every post in a large thread like this one is bound to be. No one acknowledges every comment in a thread! I am sure that those who really care will read every comment posted though. So let me say to all of the lurkers: KEEP LURKING! You will gain a wealth of information. Then, just maybe you will take the jump into the mix by posting.

In conclusion, let me say that this is a wonderful forum. Many thanks to the mods who volunteer their time. Many thanks to Lawrence for a great site.

Drive Safe!

Jeff
Freight driver, 14 yrs.
O/O 12 years.
EO member since May, 2006.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jefferson3000's experience here mirrors my own: I lurked for a bit, because I'd learned that all sites aren't the same, and when I had something to say, I jumped in & said it. Before I knew it, I was wondering if there's a 12 step program for this, lol. It's not meant to be "the cool table in the cafeteria", though - most of us are long out of school, and truly welcome anyone who has something to offer, be it a comment, joke, newsflash, whatever. The "core" of this site, which would be Dreamer, DaveKC, RichM, LDB, TerryandRene, Teacel, all spend a great deal of their "free" time here, providing answers, especially to newbies. Due to their example, I have sent private messages to several newbies, offering advice if I could, or just saying thanks. Have you, Joebob?
We're all drivers, or wannabes, and every voice counts.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
We get lot's of PM's and E-Mail and answer them all, but personally I cringe a bit when a member suggests a poster PM or E-Mail to get an answer to a post. Being that this is a public forum, I'd like to see an answer to posts with which new folks as well as old-timers can benefit.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
Highwaystar... i believe cherri owes you some detention time.. greg no problem.. I got off an exit to early and got away from the original topic... censorship ..which i dont believe is happnin here. A team I saw in tx, said smiling the "cooltable" made me think. I never saw it that way.but made me wondered what others really thought.. I guess you can bring the horse to water but cant makem drink or not cheat at the poker table. Cherri, cherri cherri what can i say,,I think you owe highwaystar detention time or a round of shots.. He made the p/u time,freight was a no show, whats up with dat.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
cherri just reread your last post ..Highwaystar She must have decided to go "lurking" that night. which by the way cherri is a misdemenor in the state of alabama. and now I guess I'll be putting a no lurkers sticker next to my no lot lizzard one.... thanks cherri

G

Rikki, The post wasn't removed It just got to be old news and it move on down the list of posting. And Really I'm Glad. We all need to get ready for the up coming busy season in expediting. The things with Panther and Con Way will play out in months to come. People have to let them work out the bugs. The next few month's will tell if it was a good thing for Panther or not. Lets just wait and see, If people are not happy with Panther the have a Choice to stay or go. None of the companies on here are bad, They each have there own ways of doing things.

Some may like the way Panther does things and some may not, But everyone has a choice who there leased too. Just like mine Is FedEx Custom Critical, but other's may not like FedEx's way of doing business.

That's why we are all different in this world. If we was all the same and looked the same, this world would be boreing.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
O.K... I've been told that I should come back to this thread and say that Cheri did'nt actually stand me up. It was a group get-together that just sort of fell apart and did'nt happen.

Was that the kind of spin you were looking for?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I'm here on a regular basis, but when it comes to advice I'm usually not the first to jump in. Others have more experience and smarts than I do.

Someone previously said the above quote, and I am of the same opinion. I do ALOT of reading here, but for the most part, being a "newbie", I have little to offer in most of the conversations, so I keep quiet.
We (hubby and I) have learned so much from this site and have had a some private, extremely helpful, conversations with a few members here.

Keep up the good work EO! :)