Drop in Freight the past couple of weeks??

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not me. Panther has been running my butt off the last couple of weeks. Got a 600+ mile load that brought me within 90 miles of home last night. Slept in this morning and then restocked my van, changed the oil and greased the front end. I figured being #2, on a Friday and a 4 a day board, that I would be long gone. Not so. Nothing went out today. Oh well, I need a break. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can honestly Say since I went from a 53ft trailer and started pulling a 48ft Trailer I seen a big drop in the Freight.
Hurting my bottom line means its time.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This week was definitely slower as far as offers but counting my run that delivers Monday morning I've had a good week anyway.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We have been busy the last couple of weeks, been doing lots of hotshots, both in vans and straight trucks

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I was in Laredo this week,Tri State bidded on 20 loads and got under bid 20 times,I loaded out of Houston.I notice while I was there FDCC was moving loads,guess they can do the cheap freight

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Panther has been running our trucks really good. So I would have to say no to what you asked.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last week was ok this week was my worst yet with E1 and it had to be pretty bad to be my worst.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last week was ok this week was my worst yet with E1 and it had to be pretty bad to be my worst.
I know what you mean dude. I was the E-1 boy for 9 months and watched the teams take all of my freight. I did however happen to make 6k in 3 weeks because I went out west and got lucky. This one team sitting in Riverside turned down a small load from Irvine, California to Phoenix, AZ because they wanted a load that would get them all the way back east. I ended up dropping in Phoenix and got a load two hours later going from Nogales all the way back up to Wayne, Michigan.

It appears as if you have gone frome one extreme to another. I know Express 1 is a great company to work for as far as the way that they treat their drivers, but you need to experience what it is like to driver 1k miles straight again. If you don't use it, you'll lose it man. lol.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been loaded everyday since being back,I just finished a 10 day streach where I did 14 loads.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
NOPE cann't tell. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. 2nd week in Oct was my best week ever. However, that didn't last long, the next week I topped that week, 3,700 dollars for 3200 paid miles. It was all drop and stop, Sleep or eat....I slept and got run after run, ate on the run. That pattern has moved over to Nov.

Thank You Express-1 and if all the folks that left E-1 had anything to do with it, THANK YOUS TOO! :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Pretty much the same as the other Panther folks. Hadn't seen much change so far. It did seem like less freight was coming out of Texas at the beginning of the week but that is about it.
Load boards did seem like they had less van freight though.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
NOPE cann't tell. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. 2nd week in Oct was my best week ever. However, that didn't last long, the next week I topped that week, 3,700 dollars for 3200 paid miles. It was all drop and stop, Sleep or eat....I slept and got run after run, ate on the run. That pattern has moved over to Nov.

Thank You Express-1 and if all the folks that left E-1 had anything to do with it, THANK YOUS TOO! :)

It does beg the question after reading this thread....Are you the only truck they have?

JarHeadJon

Seasoned Expediter
While I am in the T/T division for my company. Mostly predispatched in advance. Time sensitive loads yet not considered Expedited.
Our Straight O/O's have been hauling A$$. Was at the yard early this morning washing my tractor and speaking to a few owners, 2 of them are heading out now to cover customers as I write, and I got an offer to run an "expedited load" from Troy, MI down to N.C that will be ready at 3pm edt. Mind you, this is a Saturday as I write.

So that is 3 loads in the Northern Detroit Suburbs just this morning for us, customer loads, not bid loads...2 straights and 1 T/T for our company. Actually, one of the Loads could go in a van/sprinter as it is only 2 skids at 1800#...but any vans are all on the road.

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes maybe freight has dropped a tad. But Shippers want more space for their money. There are Customers that absolutly will not load a 48ft and will say if its not 53 get outa here. They just wont load ya especialy a Reefer.
if your going to have a 48ft Reefer then ya best have all the bells and whistels lift gate ect. hard to say. Their are so 50fts out here that are getting loaded.