done with FedEx Custom Critical

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
If your Fed Up with FedEx then come over to Panther like we did. We left with two D-units and two C-units. We now have ten trucks leased on with Panther. We are very happy with Panther with no plans to change. The people are more laid back and always treat us right. Last year was out best year in this business. Sometime a change can be good, sometimes not. Good luck with your choice. :)

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
A pretty informative thread, really. It's probably a good thing the only qualifications to be a mod here isn't whether or not they've slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Yep cause that ship has sailed and it ain't coming back.....BTW...the post was made BEFORE it got anywhere near informative.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Wow....I'm informed. Just can't decide now on whether I want a foam or feather pillow.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Don't know how that happened, only posted it once. thanks Leo for removing all those extra post:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Probably was the aliens messing with things again. No biggie.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Actually, the OP is the most informative post in the thread.

So.....what did you learn from that first post?? You're turning this into something snarky when truth be told, by the rules, it shouldn't have gone past the first post.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Wait be right back...

Ok carry on

popcorn.gif

Deville

Not a Member
IMHO if you are an IC with CC they really try to run you there way. It truly borders on infringing on the Employer Employee status of an IC. The newer dispatchers really think they can coherse you into taking a load with threats & misrepresentaion.

I know this to be true because i've had it happen to myself, I always laugh it off because I know better, but new IC's jump when told how high & most of them are out of CC & the business all together after 12 months.

CC knows this & that's why they continue to do it, because they know there are new recurits to follow those who leave & the cycle starts all over again. I'm surpised CC hasn't stated a lease to own program yet. Thise programs are the BIGGEST scams i've ever seen. But that's a convo for another day.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So.....what did you learn from that first post?? You're turning this into something snarky when truth be told, by the rules, it shouldn't have gone past the first post.
Snarkiness is in the eye of the beholder, and it's at the very least a tad snarky for a non-moderator to jump in and try to moderate, in effect telling the moderators how to apply the rules, especially since the part of the Code of Conduct you quoted didn't even apply except in your own personal opinion. There is no personal issue or dispute in the OP, it wasn't a negative attack (except in the rose-colored eyes of the teal and purple cheerleaders), nor was it public scathing, unless the truth qualifies as scathing. The post also was not the least bit controversial, as it simply stated facts not subject to controversy. So none of the quoted Code of Conduct is applicable to the original post, which is why it's a good thing that sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express doesn't qualify one to be a moderator.

As for what I learned from the original post, I learned the reasons why Badger is leaving FECC, as well as several reasons to add to my list for not wanting lease on with FECC, as the future doesn't look bright with respect to a successful relationship between me and them, for a myriad of reasons I won't go into here.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Snarkiness is in the eye of the beholder, and it's at the very least a tad snarky for a non-moderator to jump in and try to moderate, in effect telling the moderators how to apply the rules, especially since the part of the Code of Conduct you quoted didn't even apply except in your own personal opinion. There is no personal issue or dispute in the OP, it wasn't a negative attack (except in the rose-colored eyes of the teal and purple cheerleaders), nor was it public scathing, unless the truth qualifies as scathing. The post also was not the least bit controversial, as it simply stated facts not subject to controversy. So none of the quoted Code of Conduct is applicable to the original post, which is why it's a good thing that sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express doesn't qualify one to be a moderator.

As for what I learned from the original post, I learned the reasons why Badger is leaving FECC, as well as several reasons to add to my list for not wanting lease on with FECC, as the future doesn't look bright with respect to a successful relationship between me and them, for a myriad of reasons I won't go into here.

They are requiring contractors to sign on with the EPA's SmartWay. That means mandatory speed limiters are coming soon.

Falsehood and speculation.

New members are required to have a minimum of ten (10) posts before they can make a controversial post on any topic.

I certainly wasn't the first, nor will I be the last, yourself included, to tell/suggest/urge the moderators to do their job.

badger

Seasoned Expediter
Your immediate obstructionism and blatant defense of FedEx is really bizarre. We ought to be able to share factual negative information about the companies we work for to help others make informed decisions about employment opportunities. Either you believe in free speech or you don't. If you don't, maybe you ought to live elsewhere.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Falsehood... maybe, but maybe not for tractors. From what I've heard it's not a falsehood. SmartWay is mainly for tractors and trailers, not so much for straights and vans. So it might not be falsehood at all.

As for speculation, true, but it's a well educated speculation, considering that SmartWay branded vehicles have speed limiters on board as part of the branding. And considering the relationship between the Fed and the ATA, and the agenda of the ATA, it's not all that much of a speculation.
I certainly wasn't the first, nor will I be the last, yourself included, to tell/suggest/urge the moderators to do their job.
Again true, and I have no problem voicing my opinion when I see moderators dropping the ball or abusing their authority, but I am not likely to use my own subjective opinion, simply because I don't like what someone says, rather than an objective viewpoint of what was actually said, in order falsely label something as a Code of Conduct violation and then tell the moderators they aren't doing their job. Code of Conduct violations are generally pretty cut and dry, quite indisputable and obvious, and where an infraction is iffy and open to the interpretation of the moderators and the admins, then whatever they want to do with it is their call, not mine, regardless of where I slept last night.

My point is, those Holiday Inn Express commercials imply that you can do things you don't or can't normally do, and be right while doing them, if you slept in a Holiday Inn Express the night before. Clearly, those commercials are very misleading, since the OP didn't meet any of the infractions listed in the Code of Conduct you quoted.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
They were undermining us with the "flat rate program" and "outside carriers" like FedEx Freight. They mandated the use of EOBRs on all trucks. They are requiring contractors to sign on with the EPA's SmartWay. That means mandatory speed limiters are coming soon. I'm DONE!

Putting the comments of others aside about how people should or should not behave, or should or should not think, I'd like to, if I could, come back to the original post and request additional information from badger. Badger, I have 5 questions (items 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6):

1. May we know what kind of truck you drive, badger?

2. FLAT RATE: Diane and I drive a straight truck (CR-unit, White Glove). We have not operated under the flat rate program and know little about it. Can you share, please, how exactly the flat rate program undermines contractors, and who exactly is hurt by it? Note that it seems not to be hurting Diane and me at all.

3. OUTSIDE CARRIERS: Same question for outside carriers. If we have been hurt by it, I do not see how. Except for yesterday and today while our truck is in the shop, and for a week when we were at headquarters for qualification and training, we have been in service uninterrupted since mid February. For all but a few hours of that time, we have been either under load or dispatched to pick up a load. We have noticed a healthy increase in rates and are quite pleased with our revenues year to date (adjusting for a six week vacation taken in Jan and the first half of Feb). Can you explain, please, how we or any other contractor are being undermined by outside carriers?

4. EOBR: Yes indeed, FDCC has mandated the use of EOBR's in all trucks (except certain Hino's, I understand, because the ECM interface does not work on those). It is a mandate we resisted from the first day, spoke out against as the program developed and resent to this day. I could say much more about this but already have in other threads. You cited EOBR's as a reason to leave FDCC. If we left, it would be one of our reasons too. But as long as the money is flowing as well as it is, it remains in our financial best interests to stay and put up with this high-tech baby monitor in our truck.

5. SMARTWAY: The EPA SmartWay requirement you mention is news to me. No one at FDCC has announced a SmartWay compliance requirement to us (straight truck contractors) or to anyone else in the fleet that I know of. Did I miss something? Who exactly in the FDCC fleet is being required to sign on with SmartWay?

6. SPEED LIMITERS: Speed limiters were mandated for White Glove trucks some time ago because they were required by law in Ontario and Quebec and FDCC wanted their trucks to remain legal in those provinces to continue serving that market. As with the EOBR's it is a mandate that Diane and I resent and would be a reason we would cite for leaving FDCC if we left. But, as with EOBR's, we put up with it because we would be stupid to walk away from the money we are now making. I have not heard that speed limiters are being mandated fleet-wide. How do you know, or where have you heard that they are?

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
2. FLAT RATE: Diane and I drive a straight truck (CR-unit, White Glove). We have not operated under the flat rate program and know little about it. Can you share, please, how exactly the flat rate program undermines contractors, and who exactly is hurt by it? Note that it seems not to be hurting Diane and me at all.

Phil...Make up your mind? :cool:

If you are flat rate..you are being hurt...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry but I keep hearing these rather dumb remarks about freedom popping up in a few forums. I know that trucking is not freedom, there are regulations that have to be abide by (regardless what our in-house constitutional scholars claim) and we have a set of requirements to meet in order to drive.

To add to this, we have been required to log for the past 70 years in one form or another so it isn't something new.

In another forum, they went back and forth (sometimes in a violent manner) about how EOBRs are taking our freedom away and I reason that there isn't a freedom to take away so here is what I am seeing ...

If we are required to log, have a log that is up to date within 15 minutes and to submit that said log with our signature on it attesting that it is true and we didn't falsify it ...

THEN

how is an EOBR unit any more of an intrusion than the logs we have to deal with under the on demand reporting we are subject to by officials on the road and where is this so-called freedom we lost while having an EOBR unit installed in the truck?