done with FedEx Custom Critical

Monty

Expert Expediter
Thanks Dreamer .... good to be here ..... a nice active community of what seems to be good guys .... and girls ... of course I have avoided the political forum like the plauge! Ya find out a lot of things ya didn't wanna know about folks! :D

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I'm not giving up on OOIDA, I'm a member and I strongly support what they are doing. There's a little thing called the 4TH AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION that they have on their side. The big trucking companies are in on all this EOBR BS. If the Mexican trucking program goes through that will be the end of the American truck driver. High Speed Rail is really trying to rip business out of our hands too!
The Constitution prohibits the vast majority of what the government does. Since when is the Constitution anything more than a speedbump? When the PTB want something, they eventually get it. Maybe later than they would have wanted, or in a little different form, but the Constitution doesn't really obstruct them very much.

Heck, if the Constitution was effective, there'd be ZERO gun control laws, the PATRIOT Act would have been slam-dunked back to hell, there'd be NO welfare program in any form, etc. And that's just recent stuff.

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
I'm not giving up on OOIDA, I'm a member and I strongly support what they are doing. There's a little thing called the 4TH AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION that they have on their side. The big trucking companies are in on all this EOBR BS. If the Mexican trucking program goes through that will be the end of the American truck driver. High Speed Rail is really trying to rip business out of our hands too!

"High Speed Rail" is about passenger trains, so unless you're driving a bus, it's not a threat.

BTW, the term is actually a misrepresentation of what the gov't is talking about. It should be "higher speed rail" because they're really only talking about faster passenger trains, not true "high speed" trains as in Europe, Japan, or China. "High Speed" is considered 200 mph or above, while the proposals here are for 110 to 150 mph.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I was heading towards Manhattan yesterday, on the opposite side of the road was a Tractor pulling a FDCC trailer.The Tractor was an outside carrier. I could not get the entire name of the carrier, but he was NOT an FDCC contractor & he was local.

I am not with fedex but i may be able to explain what you saw. As a solo with Panther from time to time they can’t get a truck to make a swap with.. either there isn’t one avail on route or the driver is asking too much to do the 2nd half so they will have you run it as close as you can then hire a local company to some out and take your trailer to the customer unload and bring you back your trailer to meet the time constraints of the customer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I must say, this has turned into a pretty interesting thread, for a drive-by posing. :D

Lots of good info in here.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I am not with fedex but i may be able to explain what you saw. As a solo with Panther from time to time they can’t get a truck to make a swap with.. either there isn’t one avail on route or the driver is asking too much to do the 2nd half so they will have you run it as close as you can then hire a local company to some out and take your trailer to the customer unload and bring you back your trailer to meet the time constraints of the customer.

Or it might have been something as simple as the FDCC contractor tractor broke down and with all others busy or otherwise unavailable, a local hauler was tapped to finish the run.

We were at a FedEx facility in California the other day and saw a Custom Critical dry van parked there among all the other empty trailers. OMG! Could that mean that a major move is afoot or something sinister is going on?

Or might it mean something like the trailer was parked there pending a repair, or the solo driver pulling it dropped off there before he quit, or, or, or.

All sorts of theories can be spun around sightings like these in the absence of other information; and there is no shortage of people who love to do so, filling in the blanks seemingly for the entertainment value alone.

In the case mentioned above, the only thing that can be said for sure is that a FDCC trailer was seen being pulled by a local tractor. We don't even know if that trailer was loaded or empty.

In my military days I worked for a time as a military intelligence officer (S2 shop in an infantry battalion). We were trained about the difference between what you see and what you think. You might report that you saw an enemy patrol walking north when in fact what you saw was six men in enemy uniforms armed with rifles walking north.

You do not know if it was an organized patrol or six soldiers in retreat from a battle in which several larger units were scattered, or even if it was a special ops unit of friendlies dressed in enemy uniforms to make their way behind enemy lines. All you know for sure is that you, positioned at your coordinates, at this time of day, in these weather conditions, observed six men 400 meters away (your count and distance estimate), proceeding north on foot, carrying rifles. Whether the rifles work or have ammunition, you cannot say. A patrol would likely have working rifles, but you do not know it is a patrol.

As it is on the battlefield, so too it is in expediting. The more aware you are of the difference between what you see and what you think (and what you want to see and want to think), the better research you are inclined to do and the more accurate conclusions you are inclined to reach.

Last edited: