Doing the Dishes

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dont tell me what to learn...YOU ARE THE VERY FIRST PERSON IN THIS TO USE ANY POLITICAL LANGUAGE..
Well, duh. I did it in the very first post as part of the topic. When you start a thread and mention something, it's not hard to be the first one to mention what you mentioned when you started the thread.

No...ITS FLAWED BECAUSE.....everyone knew the origin of the picture before you posted it.!!!!!!
Everyone? EVERYONE? Your comment came more than a DAY after I started the thread. By that late date I expected most everyone to know the origin of the picture.

Your not the only one who pays any attention to the internet/news..

Who posted a comment that did not know who took the picture?????
Wow I really struck a nerve with you, didn't I? Lots of caps, excessive punctuation, you're all just spittin' bubbles mad, aren't you? Fine, live in your silly little "us versus them" universe and be happy.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This just MiGhT be the ultimate in cute, OR, maybe the ultimate in animal abuse AND child endangerment. :cool: It just all depends on how you look at the picture.
Definitely animal abuse. Its obvious the young boy has had some type of cranial trauma as evidenced by the scar on his head. The boys mother had a little sit-down with the dog telling it to get religion real quick or the next stop was the Korean restaurant down the street.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Well, duh. I did it in the very first post as part of the topic. When you start a thread and mention something, it's not hard to be the first one to mention what you mentioned when you started the thread.

Everyone? EVERYONE? Your comment came more than a DAY after I started the thread. By that late date I expected most everyone to know the origin of the picture.

Wow I really struck a nerve with you, didn't I? Lots of caps, excessive punctuation, you're all just spittin' bubbles mad, aren't you? Fine, live in your silly little "us versus them" universe and be happy.

Its not us VS them...i see a parent not teaching there child to respect animals PERIOD..

and i knew who the picture was from...but had 0.0 to do with my comment...and you telling me other is why it rubs me wrong...how can you tell me what i feel....ANYONE..ANYONE who knows me ..knows im a big animal activist ..especially to dogs...thats the other reason why it gets me on this subject...how can you just think its ok to use a dog as a stool?

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Its not us VS them...i see a parent not teaching there child to respect animals PERIOD..

and i knew who the picture was from...but had 0.0 to do with my comment...and you telling me other is why it rubs me wrong...
It rubs you the wrong way because you gave a live, unedited interview and the next day are claiming your words were taken out of context, even though they came directly from you in context. You say knowing who the picture was from had 0.0 to do with your comment, yet you directly referred to who the picture was from. That's like saying, "Yeah, I was going 20 MPH over the speed limit, but that doesn't mean I was going 20 MPH over the speed limit."

how can you tell me what i feel....ANYONE..ANYONE who knows me ..knows im a big animal activist ..especially to dogs...thats the other reason why it gets me on this subject...
I'm not telling you what you feel, I'm just going by what you actually WROTE.

Speaking of which, I'd be very interested to read any of your other comments posted under the gazillions of pictures of people and other animals using dogs as stools. Like, what did you tell Ellen DeGeneres when she posted her picture? What with you being a big animal activist, emphasis on activist, where you actively participate in protests or campaigns for big animals. Surely such an activist as yourself must have countless comments all across the Internet protesting dogs used as stools.

how can you just think its ok to use a dog as a stool?
Well, the dog thinks it's OK.
Animals do it in the wild all the time.
People in families use other family members (and friends) as stools and stepping stones all the time.
Little kids have been using dogs as stools for nearly as long as dogs have been domesticated.
Dogs have been sitting on kids, cats and other dogs for nearly as long.

Sitting_zps71d09d60.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You know what the dog thinks, huh?
I think that the dog knows where his place in the family/pack is: on the bottom of the totem pole. Maybe he doesn't mind being stepped on, really, but I don't believe that's the point - the point is a parent's responsibility to teach their offspring to respect others, even the doormat dog.
I guess I didn't realize I was supposed to pretend I don't know who is in the photo, or I wouldn't have responded. Because I can't "unring the bell", so how would I know that my reaction would be the same if I really didn't know? I'm pretty sure it would, because when I see a photo of a child doing something like that to a pet, I think they should have been taught better. Maybe it's something people think is "cute" at first, [like kids swearing], until they learn otherwise, which many never do, because the dog is much more patient & tolerant than they deserve. And he's at the very bottom of the hierarchy, so if he does mind, he can get up & walk away, but the kid will do it again tomorrow, if he feels like it. The dog knows he can't win - that's why they remain domesticated.
If they ever figure out how to stick together & mount a revolution....:eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You know what the dog thinks, huh?
Yes I do, and so does anyone else that pays attention to the dog's actions and behaviors. Dogs will tell you when they're happy, sad, uncomfortable, in pain, angry, all kinds of things. They are quite intelligent and expressive. But I have a feeling you know that already. ;)

I think that the dog knows where his place in the family/pack is: on the bottom of the totem pole. Maybe he doesn't mind being stepped on, really, but I don't believe that's the point - the point is a parent's responsibility to teach their offspring to respect others, even the doormat dog.
You assume that a kid that sits or stands on their dog is showing disrespect, when it's very likely just the opposite where the kid respects and trusts the dog. That's always been the case in my immediate and extended family, where while the dog certainly knows his place in the hierarchy, there is nevertheless a mutual love, trust and respect from all concerned.

I guess I didn't realize I was supposed to pretend I don't know who is in the photo, or I wouldn't have responded. Because I can't "unring the bell", so how would I know that my reaction would be the same if I really didn't know? I'm pretty sure it would, because when I see a photo of a child doing something like that to a pet, I think they should have been taught better. Maybe it's something people think is "cute" at first, [like kids swearing], until they learn otherwise, which many never do, because the dog is much more patient & tolerant than they deserve. And he's at the very bottom of the hierarchy, so if he does mind, he can get up & walk away, but the kid will do it again tomorrow, if he feels like it. The dog knows he can't win - that's why they remain domesticated.
If they ever figure out how to stick together & mount a revolution....:eek:
That is sooo not why dogs remain domesticated. But even the most Omega of the pack (depending on whether there are other dogs in the pack within the pack) being the most mostest subservient, they will not just lay there and be mistreated by another member of the pack, be it one of the other dogs or a human member of the pack. If a kid stands on the dog and the dog is in pain or too uncomfortable, the dog will rectify the situation by dumping the kid or simply moving to another spot. Yes, the kid could do it the next day, but one or two more of those days and the dog will no longer occupy that spot and will stay where the kid won't or can't stand on him. If he doesn't like being stepped on, whenever he is in a spot where he's been stepped on in the past, he will quickly up and move when the kid approaches. I've seen it happen too many times. No matter how subservient a dog is, they aren't stupid.

In my 57 years there has been maybe a total of 4 of those years where I didn't have at least one dog, and usually 2 or 3. About half of my years I've also had a cat at the same time (as well as assorted guinea pigs, hamsters, mice (that one got out of control), fish and birds at different times over the years). I always knew which of the dogs were the Alpha, Beta and Omega of the dog pack (you have to treat them accordingly), and they all knew who was the real Alpha of the larger family pack. None were ever mistreated or abused. In fact, over the years I've gotten several from the shelter that were clearly mistreated and abused by their former owners, and it took a lot of time and care to build back the trust.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So the kid is standing on the dog because he "respects and trusts" it? Got it. And I'll remember it, next time I get the chance to stand on you, lol. :p
Seriously: it's not about whether it's ok with the dog, it's about what we teach our kids is ok - and I taught mine that party hats & goofy costumes are ok, but inflicting discomfort [pulling ears, tail, standing or sitting on] is not. Even if the dog doesn't object, because that's like the guy who said black people were happy as slaves, because they were always singing. :rolleyes:
And now I have to go, because a crackerjack dispatcher caught me before I was quite awake this morning, and made me think that going from Fla to Wisconsin was a good idea, and by the time I realized why it isn't, it was too late, lol. ;)

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It rubs you the wrong way because you gave a live, unedited interview and the next day are claiming your words were taken out of context, even though they came directly from you in context. You say knowing who the picture was from had 0.0 to do with your comment, yet you directly referred to who the picture was from. That's like saying, "Yeah, I was going 20 MPH over the speed limit, but that doesn't mean I was going 20 MPH over the speed limit."

I'm not telling you what you feel, I'm just going by what you actually WROTE.

Speaking of which, I'd be very interested to read any of your other comments posted under the gazillions of pictures of people and other animals using dogs as stools. Like, what did you tell Ellen DeGeneres when she posted her picture? What with you being a big animal activist, emphasis on activist, where you actively participate in protests or campaigns for big animals. Surely such an activist as yourself must have countless comments all across the Internet protesting dogs used as stools.

Well, the dog thinks it's OK.
Animals do it in the wild all the time.
People in families use other family members (and friends) as stools and stepping stones all the time.
Little kids have been using dogs as stools for nearly as long as dogs have been domesticated.
Dogs have been sitting on kids, cats and other dogs for nearly as long.

Sitting_zps71d09d60.jpg

i love how you have to argue to be right you take the time to to Google dog sitting on dog pics..
goes back to .. you ask for an opinion.. then give one ..does not obliviously agree with yours..and just make fun of my how i feel . Its not like my opinion is what out there people on here agree with my stance..
DONT STAND ON THE DOG.

by the way there sitting on each other not standing..you did not narrow your google search very good..

QUESTION?? how many kids do you have?? or how many have you raised??

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So the kid is standing on the dog because he "respects and trusts" it? Got it. And I'll remember it, next time I get the chance to stand on you, lol. :p
Seriously: it's not about whether it's ok with the dog, it's about what we teach our kids is ok - and I taught mine that party hats & goofy costumes are ok, but inflicting discomfort [pulling ears, tail, standing or sitting on] is not. Even if the dog doesn't object, because that's like the guy who said black people were happy as slaves, because they were always singing. :rolleyes:
And now I have to go, because a crackerjack dispatcher caught me before I was quite awake this morning, and made me think that going from Fla to Wisconsin was a good idea, and by the time I realized why it isn't, it was too late, lol. ;)

look you will never win any argument with him he lives to come on here and out type anyone who will engage him ...he loves it...talk about no life....
if you can not understand the point you just gave cheri...then there alot dumber than i thought..

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
We have had several Goldens. The grandkids loved them. Best dogs on the planet imho. Get one today....................

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
i love how you have to argue to be right you take the time to to Google dog sitting on dog pics..
I didn't post them to be right I posted them to be funny. I should have known better, as my Humormometer indicates that you have no measurable sense of humor.

goes back to .. you ask for an opinion.. then give one ..does not obliviously agree with yours..and just make fun of my how i feel . Its not like my opinion is what out there people on here agree with my stance..
DONT STAND ON THE DOG.
No, it "goes back to" the words you actually posted.

by the way there sitting on each other not standing..you did not narrow your google search very good..
A stool is a stool.

QUESTION?? how many kids do you have?? or how many have you raised??
Thoroughly irrelevant, but none and none. I was a kid, I have younger siblings, much younger in one case, and nieces and nephews, as well as neighborhood kids that have regularly interacted with my and other dogs, and have worked as a trainer at the Humane Society in training and obedience classes for dogs and their owners. So it's not like I'm coming at this from a purely academic perspective, I have plenty of experience with dog-kid-people interactions.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
look you will never win any argument with him he lives to come on here and out type anyone who will engage him ...he loves it...talk about no life....
When all else fails, launch the personal attack.
Thus far, the overwhelming response has been of the "no big deal, the dog ain't stupid" variety. The other categorized responses cited in the OP have come from the "party hat on a pitbull is cruelty" crowd, or from those who know who's kid it is. Those who want to talk in terms of personal agenda politics (be it cruelty or the idiocy and incompetence of the parent) just won't shut up about it. Those who view the pictures for what they are, don't seem to want to beat "everything normal, no big deal" to death.

I find that fascinating.

if you can not understand the point you just gave cheri...then there alot dumber than i thought..
Priceless.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I didn't post them to be right I posted them to be funny. I should have known better, as my Humormometer indicates that you have no measurable sense of humor.

No, it "goes back to" the words you actually posted.

A stool is a stool.

Thoroughly irrelevant, but none and none. I was a kid, I have younger siblings, much younger in one case, and nieces and nephews, as well as neighborhood kids that have regularly interacted with my and other dogs, and have worked as a trainer at the Humane Society in training and obedience classes for dogs and their owners. So it's not like I'm coming at this from a purely academic perspective, I have plenty of experience with dog-kid-people interactions.

TOTALLY RELEVANT!

just as i thought....you have NEVER raised a kid of your own...so YOU would not know squat didly about passing on your values....interacting with somebody elses child and raising your own is a huge difference...but you would not know being that you have no childern..

so it makes total sense why you would be perplexed on why using a dog as a stool would aggravate someone..
go have a child and start raising them...then get back to me on the correct way to raise a child..

FYI.. it has NOTHING to do with child/dog interactions..AGAIN its RESPECT..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
TOTALLY RELEVANT!

just as i thought....you have NEVER raised a kid of your own...so YOU would not know squat didly about passing on your values....interacting with somebody elses child and raising your own is a huge difference...but you would not know being that you have no childern..
As I suspected (you're so predictable), THAT'S why you think it's relevant, because you wanted to use it to personally attack me. And you did. But none of this has anything to do with the fact that your initial responses in this thread were filtered through the sieve of politics, and when I pointed it out you got mad, and ever since then you've been getting madder and madder in trying to walk it back and distance yourself from it by changing the focus to something else, including attacking me for it. Yep, your Palin politics had zero point zero zero to do with your response, except, of course, for the part of your response that one hundred point zero zero referenced Palin. I mean, how can you even type that stuff without laughing? You know what it reminds me of the most? When Sarah Palin gave this big speech as Governor about how she wasn't a quitter, and in the middle of the speech announced she was quitting as Governor.

so it makes total sense why you would be perplexed on why using a dog as a stool would aggravate someone..
It doesn't perplex me at all. In fact I fully understand and expected responses of that very nature, and said so in the very first post. I've seen with my own eyes people get upset over it, and I, myself have become aggravated at time when a kid that's too big or one that didn't respect the dog tried it. And I didn't even have to father any children to witness it or experience it either. Your lame attempts

go have a child and start raising them...then get back to me on the correct way to raise a child..
This thread isn't about how to raise a child, as much as you want to turn it into one.

FYI.. it has NOTHING to do with child/dog interactions..AGAIN its RESPECT..
Actually it has EVERYTHING to do with child/dog interactions, because child/dog interactions is the ACTUAL TOPIC of the thread. Respect is merely a byproduct of those interactions and how those interactions take place.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
You say it doesn't mean chit, you have to, you have to minimize it, because you're in the category of those who saw the photo elsewhere, have a political bias against the mother

Knowing who posted the picture doesn't mean chit. You can say I'm trying to minimize it all you want and believe that but in reality that's just not what's happening here.

Here's the problem turtle. You already had in your head when you did this little "experiment" that those that oppose the pictures, no matter the reason must be liberals or don't like Palin. So, know matter what any of us say, it's not going to change your mind. I know you think I'm some kind of tree hugging, Peta loving liberal but in reality, you have no clue what I'm about. You may think you do, but you don't.

and couldn't not refrain from taking a shot at the mother in your response.

I knew who the picture was of but didn't know the whole story so i figured I'd google it before I commented in your thread. Sure enough, the results came back with "Palin bites back at Peta" and other results about Palin's comments to Peta. The first article I read had Palin's childlike and petty responses that included the President so I commented on that first. I "took a shot" at the mother not because of the pictures posted on Facebook but because of her childlike comments back to Peta, hence the reason for my second and separate post about the pictures. I know, I know, I should've responded about the pictures first(and I figured most knew who the photographer was at this point) but Palin's stupid comments about the President were fresh on my mind.

If your comment was focused on the pictures and what they represent, which is what I asked people to do, you would have stopped with your first sentence. The sieve of politics gave us your second sentence, as it has nothing to do with what the pictures illustrate and instead have to do with the mother.

Go back and read my two separate posts. When I gave my opinion about the pictures I didn't mention Palin at all and gave my opinion. I wouldn't allow my kids to stand on my dog in that way, periond. I don't care if they are trying to help with the dishes or not. I added the, "let alone take the time and effort to take a snapshot of it, post it on social media and think its cute." because I knew they were posted to Facebook. Because it was Palin, had no effect on how I felt about it. I also think it's petty when my friends post a picture of a meal they are about to eat on their timeline. It's ridiculous.

So as to distance yourself from your own words, somewhere in this thread you will eventually make a concrete statement that doesn't reference the mother at all, and act as if that's what you really meant all along.

When I mentioned Palin it was in my first post about her asinine comments back to Peta, not the pictures.

I'm sorry. I'll try to use shorter words and sentences next time so as to not let your attention wander.

No need to for shorter words or sentences, its all about your incessant bloviating that loses my attention is all.

For an example of what I'm talking about, see below:

Everyone who mentioned the mother, referenced her or what she did, filtered their response through a political filter. Otherwise there would have been no reason whatsoever to reference the mother in any way. Like I said in the very first post, it's interesting to see which posts are filtered through the sieve of politics. Those who didn't know who the kid was or where the pictures came from posted their responses based solely on the pictures. Those who knew the pictures, without exception, posted their responses through the sieve of politics, and then flatly and repeatedly denied doing so.

And almost to a person (not just here, but here and elsewhere) those who don't like Palin are the ones who think the dog is being disrespected and/or abused, blame the mother, even call her names, and clearly think the dog is stupid. There have been posts in other places where people said they had no problem with the pictures, even that they were cute, and then later when they found out that it was Palin they came back and did a complete 180 on their position. Man, that's hilarious.

And yet people do, and have for years, and no one other than PETA has a problem with it, except when it's a liberal that does it and then PETA is mute, and except when it's a conservative that does it, and liberals crap themselves.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
It doesn't perplex me at all. In fact I fully understand and expected responses of that very nature, and said so in the very first post. I've seen with my own eyes people get upset over it, and I, myself have become aggravated at time when a kid that's too big or one that didn't respect the dog tried it.

BOOM! There it is. So you do understand how I feel about the kid standing on the dog in that manner? Finally..........