Doing the Dishes

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Incorrect. I stated very clearly in Posts #1, #10 and #19 what I want, and it's not to "prove" anything. It's an experiment to see what happens with the responses that are, and are not, filtered through the sieve of politics, and who are the ones to filter their responses through that filter. Those that reference the mother, regardless of whatever else they may say, have filtered their response through that sieve.

A paragraph that was also filtered through the same sieve.

A) It's my experiment and I'll conduct it any way I like, B) asking that question changes the focus from what those pictures illustrate to something else entirely, and C) the question you suggest is wholly redundant as it automatically gets answered when anyone responds with answer two or three.

Yep, and it's all because of the fake outrage engendered by politics. It reminds me of the "Nappy headed ho" incident with Don Imus, the responses from people who couldn't.care.less about dog fighting about that evil incubus Michael Vick, and when people just went batcrap crazy over this. People are forever clamoring for that next outrage du jour so they can express their fake outrage and then move on.

your stupid experiment was totally flawed from the beginning...you are asking for a bias comment on extremely well known photo....what did you think was the end result??

well you baited everyone and it worked ..bravo

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I am convinced that QUITTER half wit from Alaska did all this on purpose ....got her stuuuuuuuuupid name in the news again..

any publicity is good publicity...

how ANYONE can give her ANY credence is beyond me...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"how ANYONE can give her ANY credence is beyond me..."

Same can be said for about 99.93485% of all in politics.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
your stupid experiment was totally flawed from the beginning...
In what way? I posted a premise, gave three possible responses, and asked people which response they thought those pictures represented. There's no flaw in that, it's classic textbook experimental methodology.

you are asking for a bias comment on extremely well known photo....
When I started this thread, the pictures were not well known at all, much less extremely well known. None of it had started to make the headlines at the news sites yet. No, I wasn't asking for a bias comment. Just the opposite. But what I got from those who did know the pictures was very much biased comments, in a situation where a bias comment wasn't even necessary and made no sense.

what did you think was the end result??
I thought the end result would be that those who didn't know the background of the photos would give unbiased answers (they did) and those who did know the background would give very biased answers (they did) and those who gave biased answers would become defensive and lash out at me once I pointed out their bias and hypocrisy (they have).

It's a kid standing on a dog and the dog doesn't mind. That's all it is. And that's all it is to anyone who doesn't have a political bias. Those that do are shocked, shocked I tell you, and outraged, thoroughly, that such a brutal display of animal cruelty, and stupidity of the parent, of course, could happen in this day and age. Why, I'm surprised that half the Internet didn't call the police and report such an atrocity! Oh! My! God! Where is the humanity?!?!

well you baited everyone and it worked ..bravo
"Baited" implies pulling a fast one somehow. All I did was post pictures and ask for people's opinions of them to see which comments were posted from a political bias and which ones were not. If you feel baited, then you hooked yourself.

Try and use this as a learning experience for the future to try and refrain from looking at everything as an "us versus them" political perch. It'll help cut down on the hypocrisy and will make the world a better place.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Those that didn't agree with the kid standing on the dog had already saw the picture and clearly stated so. Because they mentioned the "mother" doesn't mean chit other than they already knew who posted the picture. It wasn't through any sieve what's so ever, other than they didn't approve of a child using the dog in such a way. Mother, Father, Aunt, Uncle whatever it's a moot point you are trying sooooo hard to make.
You say it doesn't mean chit, you have to, you have to minimize it, because you're in the category of those who saw the photo elsewhere, have a political bias against the mother, and couldn't not refrain from taking a shot at the mother in your response.

My comment:
It's simple, if my kid did that to our dog, I would say, "Get off the dog and go get yourself a stepstool" It wouldn't even cross my or my wife's friggen' mind to take a snapshot of the situation and too top it off post it on Facebook.

Your response:

You just proved my point. There is no sieve. Unless of course you think I'm some tree hugging, PETA loving individual which I am not. Please explain what I "filtered" through what "sieve".
If your comment was focused on the pictures and what they represent, which is what I asked people to do, you would have stopped with your first sentence. The sieve of politics gave us your second sentence, as it has nothing to do with what the pictures illustrate and instead have to do with the mother.

So as to distance yourself from your own words, somewhere in this thread you will eventually make a concrete statement that doesn't reference the mother at all, and act as if that's what you really meant all along.

I lost interest in what you were saying after, "It's my experiment and I'll conduct it any way I like". The rest read like Charlie Brown's teacher.
I'm sorry. I'll try to use shorter words and sentences next time so as to not let your attention wander.

So stop fanning the flames of fake outrage(we have enough people in here with those fans) and take the word of those that don't agree with using the dog as a "step stool" that it was not filtered through some type of political "sieve" like you soooo want to believe.
Everyone who mentioned the mother, referenced her or what she did, filtered their response through a political filter. Otherwise there would have been no reason whatsoever to reference the mother in any way. Like I said in the very first post, it's interesting to see which posts are filtered through the sieve of politics. Those who didn't know who the kid was or where the pictures came from posted their responses based solely on the pictures. Those who knew the pictures, without exception, posted their responses through the sieve of politics, and then flatly and repeatedly denied doing so.

And almost to a person (not just here, but here and elsewhere) those who don't like Palin are the ones who think the dog is being disrespected and/or abused, blame the mother, even call her names, and clearly think the dog is stupid. There have been posts in other places where people said they had no problem with the pictures, even that they were cute, and then later when they found out that it was Palin they came back and did a complete 180 on their position. Man, that's hilarious.

You don't use the dog as a step stool and you don't post a picture of it and post it on Facebook. Palin, Degeneress or anyone else.
And yet people do, and have for years, and no one other than PETA has a problem with it, except when it's a liberal that does it and then PETA is mute, and except when it's a conservative that does it, and liberals crap themselves.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . try and refrain from looking at everything as an "us versus them" political perch. It'll help cut down on the hypocrisy and will make the world a better place.
That is a problem, IMO. It seems everything is "us v them" nowadays.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is was told I had to do this! :eek::p This just MiGhT be the ultimate in cute, OR, maybe the ultimate in animal abuse AND child endangerment. :cool: It just all depends on how you look at the picture.

Attachments

• dog snip.JPG
    dog snip.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 8

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is was told I had to do this! :eek::p This just MiGhT be the ultimate in cute, OR, maybe the ultimate in animal abuse AND child endangerment. :cool: It just all depends on how you look at the picture.
I vote for - Cute.

Where is animal abuse or child endangerment? :confused:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
In what way? I posted a premise, gave three possible responses, and asked people which response they thought those pictures represented. There's no flaw in that, it's classic textbook experimental methodology.

When I started this thread, the pictures were not well known at all, much less extremely well known. None of it had started to make the headlines at the news sites yet. No, I wasn't asking for a bias comment. Just the opposite. But what I got from those who did know the pictures was very much biased comments, in a situation where a bias comment wasn't even necessary and made no sense.

I thought the end result would be that those who didn't know the background of the photos would give unbiased answers (they did) and those who did know the background would give very biased answers (they did) and those who gave biased answers would become defensive and lash out at me once I pointed out their bias and hypocrisy (they have).

It's a kid standing on a dog and the dog doesn't mind. That's all it is. And that's all it is to anyone who doesn't have a political bias. Those that do are shocked, shocked I tell you, and outraged, thoroughly, that such a brutal display of animal cruelty, and stupidity of the parent, of course, could happen in this day and age. Why, I'm surprised that half the Internet didn't call the police and report such an atrocity! Oh! My! God! Where is the humanity?!?!

"Baited" implies pulling a fast one somehow. All I did was post pictures and ask for people's opinions of them to see which comments were posted from a political bias and which ones were not. If you feel baited, then you hooked yourself.

Try and use this as a learning experience for the future to try and refrain from looking at everything as an "us versus them" political perch. It'll help cut down on the hypocrisy and will make the world a better place.

Dont tell me what to learn...YOU ARE THE VERY FIRST PERSON IN THIS TO USE ANY POLITICAL LANGUAGE..

No...ITS FLAWED BECAUSE.....everyone knew the origin of the picture before you posted it.!!!!!!
Your not the only one who pays any attention to the internet/news..

Who posted a comment that did not know who took the picture?????

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That is a problem, IMO. It seems everything is "us v them" nowadays.
That's actually the motivation for this thread. Something as simple as an everyday occurrence captured and posted to the Internet, as similar pictures have been posted countless times in the past without issue or incident, suddenly becomes a major event, simply because of "us versus them" mentalities.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Who posted a comment that did not know who took the picture?????
I found out who took the picture after I commented. It doesn't change my feeling.
No big deal, just a boy and his dog being a boy and his dog.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"everyone knew the origin of the picture before you posted it.!!!!!!"

I kinda doubt that. I kinda doubt that "everyone" knows the orgin of that picture, even to this very day, AND, it is almost a 100% certainty that "everyone" will NEVER know the origin of it.