Do you have a pet that rolls with you?

guido4475

Not a Member
I had a Doberman Manchester Terrier, about 38#, that I named Rambo. The best dog ever. Literally. Never got into anything, such a warm loving personality, but had a mean streak when provoked. Everyone loved that dog. Customers remembered him. He was in the truck with me since a puppy, in which a Panther husband/wife team gave him to me at the J in Kansas city. Their older dog didn't get along with the puppy. 16 years later, I had to put him down. The toughest thing I ever had to do. Never cried as hard as that day. Still cant watch those dog commercials on t.v. Still tough 5 years later. I wont get another dog because I dont want to go through that again. And through this I rediscovered a new freedom I forgot about. I think a dog is an excellent thing to have in the van/truck. So many advantages. They always know what youre thinking. They get a driver out of the vehicle. Great protection.

But I also think more than 1 is not a good thing. Such a distraction to a driver. And I see those who abuse the privilege of having a pet in a van/truck by having a miniature herd in their vehicle. I've even seen a husband wife van team with 3 dogs in their van. Really? Imagine a 3 skid load with 3 dogs. Yea, right....lol.

ZCatcher

New Recruit
Researching
We're just getting started, but we definitely plan to have Molly on board (aka Molly B, for Bodacious). 3-year-old Cavalier/Maltese mix.

Attachments

• 1490397260403-1000776022.jpg
    1490397260403-1000776022.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 15

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Squeaky the black cat has been in the truck for over three years. He was born to a barn cat and was not going to survive winter. He has a big mouth and he let us know each time he saw us he was hungry and we needed to do something about it. We WERE not cat people but he did not get that memo. He has taught us a lot about cats and Bob and I love him to death. After losing our Molly to old age several years ago we have always wanted a dog back in the truck that could go on walks for us and also protect our investment. We also wanted a dog that would get along with Squeaky and we got a German Shepherd puppy Texas. She, Texas has been in the truck almost two years and she is the smartest dog we have ever had. The two of them make us laugh and are great company for us. Our truck was pretty lonely for a few years but it is back to being a happy comfortable home.

Attachments

• IMG_9074.JPG
    IMG_9074.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 16
  • fullsizeoutput_12b9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_12b9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7621.JPG
    IMG_7621.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I know they don't go with me in my truck, but they're with me.

Chaos, the big lug kissing me.
Mayhem, the beautiful gray new edition to the house (no, those are not photoshopped eyes).
Puck, the ninja cat. Reminds me of John Belushi.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
For myself I cannot see how anyone after having a dog(s) then losing one or more could not get another. My parents got\had a dog when I was born, never been more then a few months with out at least one.