December Locations

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Be very careful I dropped one town to the west last night (Mont-Ste.-Pierre) and QC. 132 was covered with ice from Ste. Anne des Monts. to where I went. Also NO cell phone service east of Ste. Anne des-Monts. also make sure you fuel in Matane or Ste. Anne des-Monts. if you have a Diesel. NO SERVICES OPEN AT NIGHT ANYWHERE NEAR WHERE YOU ARE GOING!! Closest diesel is in Ste. Anne des-Monts and that is 40 miles from Mont. Louis(Mount Louie).

132 can get really bad this time of year. Watch for the waves as they come over the road and freeze quickly, it was -14C last night and the wind was howling. I was white knuckling and only doing 25mph for a long ways. Also QC. 195 was no fun either, it goes thru a mountain range and that was 40 miles of not seeing the roads and putting along.

Be safe, hopefully you will have dry roads.

Youe got some bravado man. I would have been going crazy at 25 miles an hour punching the steering wheel and hollaring up a storm in that van. lol

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Youe got some bravado man. I would have been going crazy at 25 miles an hour punching the steering wheel and hollaring up a storm in that van. lol

Nothing you can do about the weather, just got to go with the flow. Had I never been up there or if it was worst I would of stopped and waited till day break, They understand the road and weather conditions up there and they do not want you wrecking your truck and damaging $75K+ worth of freight.

It was my last adventure for the year!! Looking for something to get towards the house now. Then 3 easy months of being the I-10 bandit :cool:

NikkiA

Active Expediter
Were in EL Paso. Delivered Sat morning now well rested for a long haul back to the east coast hopefully.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
DH from Wisconsin to Indy today.
Pick up tomorrow going to Florida and then home for Christmas.:)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Looks like I'll be working this week over Christmas since the van underwent some repairs last week. Hopefully E1 will pull through for me. Last Christmas I snagged a load going to Miami, FL out of Canton, OH.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At home (Ia) got to enjoy 1 chrismas SAT. and going to work on little projects around the house this week, BUT the phone is on and the vans ready to roll if get good load offer. The 2 shortys at the end of last week while at home just makes the Holidays BETTER.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Spent a couple days at home, figuring I was off until the after Christmas. Just got a call for a load picking about 20 miles away and heading to Wichita, KS. Can't turn down a 1000 mile run...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Should have checked the weather there before taking the load..yikes! Ok, well, party on!:eek:

It's headed up to New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma from what I've seen on the news. Perhaps it will skip Kansas and you can just wait it out. They say the storm is gonna go away in a day or so and it will just be some light dusting of the roads. Any how, at least you have a red van. You don't have to worry about other drivers not being able to spot you if it gets really bad out there.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Home in Minnesota for the holidays. Truck is being repaired while we are here (deer strike, cosmetic damage).

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Took a load from Farmington Hills, MI to Three Rivers, MI. Load this morning from Pierceton, IN to Terre Haute.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Running my feet off. Over here at panther the last week started huntsville al, to des moines ia, then from des up st paul mn, from minn mn,down to chicago,from chi down to nashville then back to chicago then bridgman mi to greensboro nc and I left the house last tuesday at 2

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OOS for the rest of the year. Then maybe OOS until late March. I'll go back in and out just so they know I'm still around. I will, one way or another give birth to this stag-horn kidney stone! May be a C-section! This one just will not move on out.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Safe New Year....yes I said Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
It's headed up to New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma from what I've seen on the news. Perhaps it will skip Kansas and you can just wait it out. They say the storm is gonna go away in a day or so and it will just be some light dusting of the roads. Any how, at least you have a red van. You don't have to worry about other drivers not being able to spot you if it gets really bad out there.

Just delivered a bit ago been raining a lot and near freezing but no snow or ice! The red van should be pretty noticable but people dont seem to notice much, those texts and emails are just too important to watch the road!

Going to head toward KC while you get me a load! :D