December is a time to remember

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So I should remove my personal assertion? Ok, no problem.
You can post your own personal information all you want, but you cannot violate someone else's privacy by posting personal information about them.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
3 degrees is a little too cold for me. Never thought I would be heading home to warm Michigan? But another morning and another plane. Here is too hoping everyone has a productive and safe week.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Threats.........!
Not really. The Code of Conduct is very clear. About what is and is not acceptable, and about what will get you banned if you violate it. It's not like we're making this stuff up as we go. Everyone has read and agreed to the same set of rules.

W

Windsor

Looking back at Cuuzz's post weather we disagree with it or not I really didn't see what was so personal about it. Banning someone from EO is pretty dam personal though. Just a few of my thoughts.

W

Windsor

Not really. The Code of Conduct is very clear. About what is and is not acceptable, and about what will get you banned if you violate it. It's not like we're making this stuff up as we go. Everyone has read and agreed to the same set of rules.

I understand I just didn't see what "rule" was broken is what I'm saying.

W

Windsor

The only thing personal about his post "weather we disagree with it or not" is that you personally didn't like it.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Windsor, the issue was with talking about another individual and details of their life. It was an issue of other peoples personal things being discussed. Not his opinion on business items. A lot of people were upset by the post and felt it crossed the personal line. I honestly agreed.

W

Windsor

Windsor, the issue was with talking about another individual and details of their life. It was an issue of other peoples personal things being discussed. Not his opinion on business items. A lot of people were upset by the post and felt it crossed the personal line. I honestly agreed.

I personally didn't like the post either. The only thing in my opinion that was wrong "and I know my opinion don't mean anything on EO" was that he used his name. The J...... Thing is a very touchy subject and I get it. But it sure don't justify someone being banned. The being banned thing is what bugged me a little and just for the record, the drop off on weekends that has taken place this yr is the cause of a whole hosts of reasons not just one. Most of us understand that.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
the drop off on weekends that has taken place this yr is the cause of a whole hosts of reasons not just one. Most of us understand that.

True, the drop off occurred months later. Business moves up and down for a lot of different reasons in this industry. It is the very nature of unpredictable expedite freight. When it is busy we all love it, when it is slower we loathe it. But we sometimes forget this is the market we chose. It is a whole different world than say dedicated truckload freight. The small vehicle market tends to be the one most subject to volatility for a host of reasons. You don't have to look far on EO to see that industry wide.

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
That's the kind of crap that's gonna get you banned, dood. So don't be surprised when it happens.

He has been Dying to get me off of here for years now. We've had words on here several times. I'm very opinionated and that doesn't mix well with this site and it's never ending "code of conduct" which is comparable to a set of Prison Rules. There's been Tons of good informative, yet opinionated drivers that have been banned just because they ****ed off someone with way too much power. There is a lot of staff on here that have 'Bigman Syndrome". They hide behind their keyboards and use them like whips to keep us all in check. For instance, I was given "2" infractions yesterday by the shelled one because I stepped on the line, Really! The mods should be rotated here like local government officials to keep corruption and big headedness to minimum.

Last edited:
W

Windsor

Sometimes weather it's right or wrong "usually wrong" when drivers get frustrated they say things on EO that maybe they shouldn't have and often that person realizes that after the fact, I've done it myself! It's usually not that big of a deal and no harm is usually done....usually lol! But in like an office setting for example, when a worker is frustrated they might turn to a coworker and voice there opinion about someone or something even if it may be the wrong thing to do and say. Drivers on the other hand may be alone in there truck thinking of what is frustrating them and often "right or wrong" may use a forum like EO or Facebook........ To voice there opinion. It's usually not a good idea, I'm guilty of it myself. But with that said I don't think I have ever seen any post on EO, at least the load1 forum anyways that I think anyone should be banned for. Just my opinion and I hope everyone has a safe and productive day.........and go Buckeyes! Lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I personally didn't like the post either.
I didn't like the post, but I didn't do anything until the complaints started rolling in, because I don't believe he did it in a malicious manner. But once the legitimate complaints were lodged, I really had no choice but to do something. What I did was, I edited his post to remove the offending text. That's all I did.

The only thing in my opinion that was wrong "and I know my opinion don't mean anything on EO" was that he used his name. The J...... Thing is a very touchy subject and I get it. But it sure don't justify someone being banned.
No, it doesn't justify being banned. And if he's banned, that won't be why. Because I didn't think he did it maliciously, I didn't even give him an official Warning, much less an Infraction Point. I simply edited out the offending text and figured we'd just move on and be done with it. Cuz had other ideas, however, and immediately proceeded to to do things that got him 2 Infraction Points and is now the subject of discussion of being banned.

But wait! There's more! His post #114 shows he's not done violating the Code of Conduct by violating #11 on the Code of Conduct Hit Parade.

The only thing personal about his post "weather we disagree with it or not" is that you personally didn't like it.
Whether we personally agree or disagree with a post is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what the Code of Conduct says.

I understand I just didn't see what "rule" was broken is what I'm saying.
He named an individual, then went on to tell how the individual had a problem and he should have been helped and sponsored. That's a pretty gross violation of someone's privacy, and is a serious violation of the Code of Conduct.

The severity of the violation determines what happens. You may just get a post or a PM asking you not to do that again, you may get an Official Warning, you may get an Infraction Point, or you may get banned.

For example, if you violate this...
9. No posting of personal information
Please respect the privacy of others and do not post information such as phone numbers and addresses.
...you're probably gonna get in trouble.

And, if you violate this...
16. Editing or Reposting of Moderated Posts
If an Administrator or Moderator edits or removes a post, members may not edit the Moderated text in any way or repost the removed posts. Doing so may result in the member being banned from the forums.
...you're gonna get in big trouble.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He has been Dying to get me off of here for years now.
If that were even a little bit true, you wouldn't be here now.

I'm very opinionated and that doesn't mix well with this site and it's never ending "code of conduct" which is comparable to a set of Prison Rules.
Prison Rules are rules imposed on prisoners who don't have a choice in the matter. The EO Code of Conduct is a set of rules that everyone agrees to in order to receive forum posting privileges.

For instance, I was given "2" infractions yesterday by the shelled one because I stepped on the line, Really!
Yes, really! Would you like a third one?

11. Warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum.
Such matters shall remain private between the moderators, administrators and the member. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging (PM). Likewise, discussions regarding moderator or administrator actions are not permitted on the forum.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Somedays my CEO job looks very simple compared to that of a moderator.... :cool:

Sooooo can we now move on and get back to our regularly scheduled programing, lol.

W

Windsor

I didn't like the post, but I didn't do anything until the complaints started rolling in, because I don't believe he did it in a malicious manner. But once the legitimate complaints were lodged, I really had no choice but to do something. What I did was, I edited his post to remove the offending text. That's all I did.

No, it doesn't justify being banned. And if he's banned, that won't be why. Because I didn't think he did it maliciously, I didn't even give him an official Warning, much less an Infraction Point. I simply edited out the offending text and figured we'd just move on and be done with it. Cuz had other ideas, however, and immediately proceeded to to do things that got him 2 Infraction Points and is now the subject of discussion of being banned.

Whether we personally agree or disagree with a post is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what the Code of Conduct says.

He named an individual, then went on to tell how the individual had a problem and he should have been helped and sponsored. That's a pretty gross violation of someone's privacy, and is a serious violation of the Code of Conduct.

The severity of the violation determines what happens. You may just get a post or a PM asking you not to do that again, you may get an Official Warning, you may get an Infraction Point, or you may get banned.

For example, if you violate this...
9. No posting of personal information
Please respect the privacy of others and do not post information such as phone numbers and addresses.
...you're probably gonna get in trouble.

And, if you violate this...
16. Editing or Reposting of Moderated Posts
If an Administrator or Moderator edits or removes a post, members may not edit the Moderated text in any way or repost the removed posts. Doing so may result in the member being banned from the forums.
...you're gonna get in big trouble.

Ok I understand editing or removing post as needed, that's your job I guess. Just stop threatening to ban everyone when they disagree with you. I got a problem with that. He didn't say anything to get banned for just like I didn't when you threatened me with it is what I'm saying. Do it or don't do it, just stop threatening with it all the time, how bout that? Often things on here are turned into big deals just because of people's reaction to them. I shake my head to a lot of things I read on here then I carry on with my day. We need to lighten up sometimes, it's just an expediters forum and I don't expect to like or agree with everything I might read on here before I log on. Peace and love my brotha. Lol

W

Windsor

Turtle you may be a very thorough moderator but I think you may need to get laid.....soon please!