December 2009 Location

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leaving the warm sunshine of Charlotte area for the north. I have really enjoyed the 50 degree heat! Currently 13F in Kitchener and my wife assures me the ground is most definitely white, and I can't bring enough heat home to make it otherwise.

I'm either a Grinch or after 39 years I have had enough of snow. My God.....I'm almost 40........oooof.

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
Leaving the warm sunshine of Charlotte area for the north. I have really enjoyed the 50 degree heat! Currently 13F in Kitchener and my wife assures me the ground is most definitely white, and I can't bring enough heat home to make it otherwise.

I'm either a Grinch or after 39 years I have had enough of snow. My God.....I'm almost 40........oooof.

Santa make me 40 again, only in my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
At home for a couple of weeks. Got some work to do on the van, around the house, catch up on paperwork, home life and family life. Then to Traverse City for a 5 day New Years getaway, I can already hear that in room jacuzzi tub calling me.

For those still out there or gonna stay out for the hollidays, be carefull and try not to make too much money.

blueblooddog

Seasoned Expediter
Laredo, TX trying to get a load going towards Ohio for Christmas....Anything??? Anything out there?????? guess not....I'll probably end up deadheading and spending 250 to get home....this sucks.

I'll be down there the first of week. Hope you get something out of there. I hope I don't have to deadhead out of there,but given your post I think I see my future.:eek:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Picked up load yesterday from Orangeburg SC and delivered in Marion AR. last night now its Wed morning sitting at the Pilot in West Memphis been raining since about midnight

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm enveloped in the picturesque and fragrant Odessa, TX. If Kodak still made film, and they made it with scratch-n-sniff, it'd be a Kodak Moment.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Trapped. Walmart, North Charleston.

Oops, looks like I may have gotten trapped in the Walmart parking lot. All the parking lot exits are backed up to the store. Looks like a 20 minute drive to the street.

eb

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
40? LOL!! Life almost over? LOL!! That is FUNNY!! To paraphrase a line in the movie "Hello Dolly" "28 and 3/4? A man is worth NOTHING until he is 40, before that we just pay him to make mistakes!!!"

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
40? LOL!! Life almost over? LOL!! That is FUNNY!! To paraphrase a line in the movie "Hello Dolly" "28 and 3/4? A man is worth NOTHING until he is 40, before that we just pay him to make mistakes!!!"

I was just kidding, most people in my family live to a ripe old age, I've got at least 40 if not 50 or more years left:D

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Orangeburg, SC to Laredo delivering next Tuesday. Family lives within a days drive of the delivery, so I get a decent holiday layover included.

eb

greywolf184

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Picked up in Ky. last night heading to 6 stopoffs (2 completed at this time). 2 tomorrow near Dallas, then heading to the Houston area to deliver the rest on Monday, with a nice layover as well. Then shipping off to K.C. Mo. on Mon.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
This isn't me trying to brag,but this what can happen when you decide to work a holliday week.
As posted last weekend,we lost a load going to California.So as the load was taken from us,we were given something to takes its place.
We dead headed to KY and loaded for Memphis.Total miles were just a little over 800, the load paid $1799.
I was just starting to feel like working the week was a mistake,when we were rewarded with a pick up in Memphis,going to Chambersburg Pa,a little over 800 miles and another $1597.Now I'm saying,we are just going to be 300 miles from home,much better than the 700 from Memphis.While waiting to go load,we get a pre offer going to Los Angeles,,here we go,going be 2700 mile run,and a 2400 miles dead head home,Load was paing $5700,but still the 2400 mile dead head seemed crazy.I promissed Art I'd have him home for new years,it was his idea to stay out for Christmas,so yes we were going to deadhead home 2400 miles,after all,in three loads this was over $9000.With the dead head home this would be a little over 7000 miles.
But wait,don't feel sorry for me yet.I know this will never happen again,I only have to Dead head half way home,when I get empty in LA,I reload to Dallas,another 1400 miles,and I'll be just 1200 miles from home.
I told Art,no more loads,we were going home as soon as we are empty Wed morning.He wanted to see what would happen next.I said we are going home.
He has a New Years party and birthday,wont be the first time I've dead headed home form Dallas.
Happy Holidays everyone,hope you have as much luck as I just did.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Good Christmas Eve morning I am sitting at the J West Memphis lets see there are 4 Panther cargo vans and 1 Bolt Express here too. Rainy and temp of 52