Cruise Control

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Hello everyone,

Do you know a good shop for installing an after market cruise control for a Chevy Express 2500? The state doesn't really matter because the van goes all over, east coast though.
Do you know also the cost?

Thanks

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Auto Impressions in North Olmsted, Ohio [western suburb of Cleveland] did mine a few years ago, cost $175, took about 2 hrs.
Lots of other places like Ziebart will do it too, just find them online wherever you are & give them a call to check on price & availability.

tazman

Expert Expediter
Bangharts (randy) in West Chester, PA.....(outside Philly)
Did lots of Chevy and GMC units when I was selling...they know ho to do Power Windows and Locks as well....

Good Guys....good luck

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Driving a van, you can just go to any new car dealership & ask where they get it done - it'll be nearby, guaranteed.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Hello everyone,

Do you know a good shop for installing an after market cruise control for a Chevy Express 2500? The state doesn't really matter because the van goes all over, east coast though.
Do you know also the cost?

Thanks

Almost any auto restyler type shop can do it look for places that install alarms, remote starts, window tinting etc

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stevens, in Eastlake Ohio did my03 also 175.00 took about a hour,never a problem with it.

TSexpediter

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you for your answers. I called Ziebart they said NO, I called Auto Impression also NO, the only one who install CRuise controls is Banghart for $ 450. If you have any other info please share. THANKS!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
$450 is way too much - I'd just keep asking at new car dealerships until I found someplace more reasonable.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
erickson auto trim in racine wi.

greg it might not be plug and play. i was told there is no servo on my engine for cruise. that means there is no wiring in the column i had hoped so that means aftermarket. erickson was the suggestion. cost is unknown.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I went to one of the better known installers in Springfield MO, they said we will have to see we don't do diesels as a rule. On line "Cruise Control Store" $400.00 + shipping. Includes new steering wheel. "Rostra" also on line $260.00 dash mounted.

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
The newer vans with the electronic gas feed only needs the stalk replaced. If thats the case, Just go to a junkyard and do it yourself. Probly only about 10 or screws and plug it in and your good to go....