Controlling Your Thoughts

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not everyone has access to computer, nor would the average person think a forum named The Loading Dock would be about faith
Everyone who has access to a smartphone and the EO app has access to the Internet and a Web browser. A smartphone is a computer that also happens to make phone calls using a phone app. And it doesn't matter what the average person would think The Loading Dock was about, they wouldn't have to make assumptions, all they have to do is go to the Web site and read what it's about.

Just out of curiosity, what would the average person think The Loading Dock is about?

Turtle...for an admin your personal snarkiness is really unprofessional.
I'm so glad you took the time and effort to enter the thread with your helpful and insightful comments. I'm not an admin, I'm a moderator. If I were an admin I wouldn't have wasted time using my really unprofessional personal snarkiness in response to his unprovoked and out of line snarkiness, because I'd have banned him long ago for personal attacks against EO members in other threads and he wouldn't be here to post. But in this thread as an admin, I'd have deleted the post outright, given an infraction for hijacking the thread, and been done with it.

But as a moderator I gave him the benefit of the doubt and explained the difference between the two forums. That wasn't good enough for him, he wanted to continue to belabor the point by disingenuously claiming an innocent question when it wasn't (even if it was, it was still in the wrong forum), and claiming ignorance as an excuse. That's when I got snarky. If you think I'm snarky as a mod, you should have been here before I became one.

Maybe instead of blaming the other posters you could look for solutions.
I gave the solution in Post #4. I reiterated it unambiguously in Post #6. I then handed it to him on a silver platter in Post #20. The only solution left to me at this point is to go to where he is, take his phone, and show him how to use it. But as he has stated he has more important things to do than to reduce his ignorance, I have no solution for him.

Oh wait that would be admitting you are not perfect.
I've admitted many times that I'm not perfect. Usually right after some pouting adult with a childish mentality makes a snarky comment about me being oh, sooo perfect who never make mistakes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We could just take the OP in the spirit in which it was meant. It was offered to help and not forced on anyone. It was offered, not out of malice, but out of concern.

One could argue it, accept it, and if needed, question it in a respectful manner. There was no harm intended.

Now, we just need to clean up all the itchy powder and get back to life.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just think you were going overboard on my prosecution of a misplaced conversation. ...sorry it brought out the EO police in full force..
I addressed it in Post #4. That should have ended it and cleared up any confusion. Everything after that was overboard, and it was your doing.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I addressed it in Post #4. That should have ended it and cleared up any confusion. Everything after that was overboard, and it was your doing.

End it?.....more fun to run it in the ground then dig after it.....:D

esu9unem.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S3

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I use the mobile version and was not aware the loading dock was more like the religious dock. Have no fear I'll stay away from it... food for thought ; if I were to go into the loading dock and start a thread about pagan prayers or Wicca rites half of this sites users would be ****ed off and there would be 40 pages of comments not 4.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

You're making an assumption without fact based on a prejudice belief. I for one would be interested in what your beliefs mean to you. What you do to practice? Do they help get you through a tough day? Does being out in the road change how or when you practice? Are there important times like Christmas or Easter that are those "gotta be home" holidays? There are lots of questions that you guys could answer and share information about your faith/beliefs instead of trying to shut someone else's down. Myself and others would be interested in hearing more about it, not because I would be interested in converting but simply because learning about others is part of the human experience. The great thing about the loading dock is even if people don't like your beliefs it isn't open for debate as it would be in the soapbox so you can share without having to defend. Please give it a try before you just make an assumption about what you think all Christians will do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
You're making an assumption without fact based on a prejudice belief. I for one would be interested in what your beliefs mean to you. What you do to practice? Do they help get you through a tough day? Does being out in the road change how or when you practice? Are there important times like Christmas or Easter that are those "gotta be home" holidays? There are lots of questions that you guys could answer and share information about your faith/beliefs instead of trying to shut someone else's down. Myself and others would be interested in hearing more about it, not because I would be interested in converting but simply because learning about others is part of the human experience. The great thing about the loading dock is even if people don't like your beliefs it isn't open for debate as it would be in the soapbox so you can share without having to defend. Please give it a try before you just make an assumption about what you think all Christians will do.

Paul I will definitely try and get a post together...personally I agree Spongebox is a little stressed, been lots going on and he kind of stereotyped all Christians. Which he knows isn't true, we have a Catholic priest as a friend who is very accepting of all faiths. In fact Father Allen quite often under attack from Bishops for his acceptance of witches or pagans! I was treated poorly yesterday by someone who was Christian after they saw my pentacle and Thor's hammer necklaces so I think he was on edge and already ticked off, which means he should have walked away from this post but we all make mistakes!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have to keep an open mind. If one specific religion was the "right one", would we all not be practicing it?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Probably not because everyone interprets everything differently and then after that they make choices. Many/most would probably say one specific is the "right one" and one group of them would probably be correct but we won't find out about that ahead of time.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Probably not because everyone interprets everything differently and then after that they make choices. Many/most would probably say one specific is the "right one" and one group of them would probably be correct but we won't find out about that ahead of time.

That was precisely my point. We will all find out eventually.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess it went one direction in my mind and I didn't see what you meant.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Have to keep an open mind. If one specific religion was the "right one", would we all not be practicing it?

There are so many different ideas and views out there even about the same religion. I identify as a Christian but if Westboro were around they would tell me I'm going to Hell. There are so many awesome ideas and beliefs from different religions that can really open your mind and help you in your life and beliefs.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
BTW thanks turtle for trying to make the rest us feel like we're complete idiots. Bang up job el capitan!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." [Eleanor Roosevelt]

Sometimes I feel like a complete idiot too, but then, some people make me feel like Einstein, so it all works out. We're all somewhere in between, and the really smart ones challenge me to learn more, so it's all good. ;)