Controlling Your Thoughts

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Always a religious angle on things, in God we trust, by demons be driven ... blaah blaah blaah, I've gained many useful things from E.O. and I've also gained several friends from the forums but why can there not be a separation of religion in this place if I wanted bible teaching I could seek that out personally but I guess like everything else in this world others wish to push there personal religious beliefs onto others, I'm taking a break from this site because of this crap,

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

If it bothers you don't go out of your way to find it. Just remember you don't have to read a thread just because it is there. If you start reading it and don't like it then stop and go onto something else because there is no forced participation. No one here is forcing their views on someone simply by offering to pray or posting something religious but the person trying to force people to stop expressing themselves well....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you don't want religion don't visit the loading dock. It's specifically meant to include, among other things, faith, i.e. religion. The soapbox probably isn't a good spot either. All the rest of the various forums combined are probably 98%+ religion free. Everyone has a religion though. Atheism is just another religion. There isn't anyone religion free.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There is no explanation of forums when using the app...were all not super duper EO people..remember I'm not as smart as you..will you find it in your shell to forgive me??
Nope. The EO app, and the Tapatalk app upon which it is based, is designed to give a unified interface for mobile devices for access to Web Internet forums across multiple forum software applications. It is not designed to have the same full features as a Web browser, nor give you the same information that a Web browser will give you.

If you choose to limit yourself by only accessing Web forums via the Tapatalk app interface without first informing yourself about the forums in which you participate, then you are going to deserve what you get. If you choose to limit your knowledge of a forum using only the information you can obtain from a limited mobile interface, then your ignorance will get you what you deserve. Pleading ignorance is not a defense. The fact that there is more than one forum here on EO, as with other Web forums, should tell you that each forum has a particular subject or group of subjects for discussion, and it's far better for you to find out what those subjects actually are rather than make ignorant assumptions. Despite what you did being completely understandable, it is nevertheless unforgivable, because of your failure to educate yourself.

It's also not surprising, since a disturbing number of expediters fail educate themselves on even the basics of their job, and when something goes wrong they protest using the "I didn't know!" defense. Well, now you know.

Harsh? Maybe. Think of this as a learning experience. :D

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Nope. The EO app, and the Tapatalk app upon which it is based, is designed to give a unified interface for mobile devices for access to Web Internet forums across multiple forum software applications. It is not designed to have the same full features as a Web browser, nor give you the same information that a Web browser will give you.

If you choose to limit yourself by only accessing Web forums via the Tapatalk app interface without first informing yourself about the forums in which you participate, then you are going to deserve what you get. If you choose to limit your knowledge of a forum using only the information you can obtain from a limited mobile interface, then your ignorance will get you what you deserve. Pleading ignorance is not a defense. The fact that there is more than one forum here on EO, as with other Web forums, should tell you that each forum has a particular subject or group of subjects for discussion, and it's far better for you to find out what those subjects actually are rather than make ignorant assumptions. Despite what you did being completely understandable, it is nevertheless unforgivable, because of your failure to educate yourself.

It's also not surprising, since a disturbing number of expediters fail educate themselves on even the basics of their job, and when something goes wrong they protest using the "I didn't know!" defense. Well, now you know.

Harsh? Maybe. Think of this as a learning experience. :D

I will be honest..in have enough other things to do that are more important then studying where to put my god comments so they don't rock the boat..just being honest..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Let's see, it's NOT the full moon. Someone must have spilled itchy powder or something.

Z-SKIN-1-articleLarge.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I will be honest..in have enough other things to do that are more important then studying where to put my god comments so they don't rock the boat..just being honest..
That's fine. I understand. Just don't bіtch and moan and then plead ignorance when you get nailed for doing something ignorant.

Because... you can fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid. If you prefer to remain ignorant, well that's just stoopid.

1-stupid-people-funny-pictures1_zps7e9f2396.jpg

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
That's fine. I understand. Just don't bіtch and moan and then plead ignorance when you get nailed for doing something ignorant.

Because... you can fix ignorance, but you can't fix stupid. If you prefer to remain ignorant, well that's just stoopid.

1-stupid-people-funny-pictures1_zps7e9f2396.jpg

EASY......We are talking about a miss placed conversation..not tax evasion correct??..I'm so glad YOU are so perfect and NEVER make mistakes...we are talking about a misplaced conversation right??
so what are good cuss words??.I see you use bitc# but not ***..****..****..
How can you use bi#ch and I can't...its less offensive from you?? Just wondering??

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Not everyone has access to computer, nor would the average person think a forum named The Loading Dock would be about faith Turtle...for an admin your personal snarkiness is really unprofessional. Maybe instead of blaming the other posters you could look for solutions. Oh wait that would be admitting you are not perfect.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
I use the mobile version and was not aware the loading dock was more like the religious dock. Have no fear I'll stay away from it... food for thought ; if I were to go into the loading dock and start a thread about pagan prayers or Wicca rites half of this sites users would be ****ed off and there would be 40 pages of comments not 4.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
EASY......We are talking about a miss placed conversation..not tax evasion correct??..
Incorrect. We are talking about someone who failed to learn about the forums in which they participate, and about someone who admitted as much.

I'm so glad YOU are so perfect and NEVER make mistakes...
I'm not perfect, nor have I ever claimed to be. I make mistakes all the time. I generally learns from them, though.

we are talking about a misplaced conversation right??
Still no.

so what are good cuss words??.
They are used to convey a meaning, same as every other word.

I see you use bitc# but not ***..****..****..
That's because it's been a really long time since I've used Morse Code.

How can you use bi#ch and I can't...
I'm not ignorant of how to use it.

its less offensive from you?? Just wondering??
If you're even a little bit offended by that term in that context, you have no business being on the Internet without adult supervision. And considering how offensive some of your rants have been against other members here on EO, you don't have any room to stand on to claim being offended.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to admit ignorance myself and have no doubt many other posters could admit the same.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
BTW thanks turtle for trying to make the rest us feel like we're complete idiots. Bang up job el capitan!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Incorrect. We are talking about someone who failed to learn about the forums in which they participate, and about someone who admitted as much.

I'm so glad YOU are so perfect and NEVER make mistakes...
I'm not perfect, nor have I ever claimed to be. I make mistakes all the time. I generally learns from them, though.

Still no.

They are used to convey a meaning, same as every other word.

That's because it's been a really long time since I've used Morse Code.

I'm not ignorant of how to use it.

If you're even a little bit offended by that term in that context, you have no business being on the Internet without adult supervision. And considering how offensive some of your rants have been against other members here on EO, you don't have any room to stand on to claim being offended.

Its in Morse code because the app won't allow ME to type swear words ..but I see it allows YOU.. ..so obviously it has offended someone or it would not edit ME.so is it less offensive from you??
Never said I was offended ..by your use of the word b I t c h ..I cant use for a reason..why can you...swear words don't offend me there words and I'm an adult..

J am offended by the way you are handling a simple matter and treating me as if I was an idiot..you never managed people.. I can tell...very abrasive ..

Just think you were going overboard on my prosecution of a misplaced conversation. ...sorry it brought out the EO police in full force..

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
BTW thanks turtle for trying to make the rest us feel like we're complete idiots. Bang up job el capitan!

He is real good at talking down to you...with those lengthy long winded answers...he has to bury you in facts to show that his IQ is higher than yours...he will win..h e l l or high water..he is a van driver too right??

Last edited: