Controlling Your Thoughts

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Hi Brothers and Sisters!

I pray that you all are still running in good weather. They have some news channels here in English and I see a lot of places had snow already. One of my friends in Dayton sent me a picture of snow on the ground. Yikes!

Praise God for another week of no typhoons here.

Here is the link for today's message. I hope it will be a blessing to you.

MESSAGE 22 Controlling Your Thoughts - YouTube

Send us any prayer requests that you have and stay safe!

Kind regards,
Brother Dave

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Hi Brothers and Sisters!

I pray that you all are still running in good weather. They have some news channels here in English and I see a lot of places had snow already. One of my friends in Dayton sent me a picture of snow on the ground. Yikes!

Praise God for another week of no typhoons here.

Here is the link for today's message. I hope it will be a blessing to you.

MESSAGE 22 Controlling Your Thoughts - YouTube

Send us any prayer requests that you have and stay safe!

Kind regards,
Brother Dave

Seriously?

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
What kind of thoughts are you having that need so much directive to be controlled?? Just be a good person...and be honest...that what people don't like ...the truth.
And IF I did want to pray...why do I need you...could I not do it myself??..you have a direct line to the big hancho??:confused::confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What kind of thoughts are you having that need so much directive to be controlled??
Watch the video and find out.

And IF I did want to pray...why do I need you...
You don't.

...could I not do it myself??
You could.. all he said was that if you have any prayer requests, send them to him. If you don't, then don't.

you have a direct line to the big hancho??:confused::confused:
By definition, a prayer is personal communication or petition addressed to a deity, or any other form of spiritual communion (interchange or sharing of thoughts or emotions; intimate communication) with a deity. So that sounds like a snarky clown question meant to berate someone into coercing them into silence in this forum. This is not The Soapbox. This is the Loading Dock, a forum specifically designated for talking about talking about current events, faith, family, joke sharing and other things. Please craft your replies accordingly. Thank you.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
P
Watch the video and find out.

You don't.

You could.. all he said was that if you have any prayer requests, send them to him. If you don't, then don't.

By definition, a prayer is personal communication or petition addressed to a deity, or any other form of spiritual communion (interchange or sharing of thoughts or emotions; intimate communication) with a deity. So that sounds like a snarky clown question meant to berate someone into coercing them into silence in this forum. This is not The Soapbox. This is the Loading Dock, a forum specifically designated for talking about talking about current events, faith, family, joke sharing and other things. Please craft your replies accordingly. Thank you.

I tried to watch it..no its not "snarky" at all I ...I thoughts prayers were a personal communication between yourself and who you believe in...so why would I need him??

Thank you..

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
so why would I need him??
No one said you did.

Let me put this so that even you can understand it... The Loading Dock is a forum where people can discuss faith. The Soapbox is a place where you can voice your opinions on religion. Do not confuse the two. The questions you asked are questions that necessarily precipitate a discussion about religion, not faith. Since you have a historical record here of your position on religion, it is clear that your motivations are either to start a discussion on religion on this forum, to silence religious discussions in all of the forums, or that you don't know the difference between The Soapbox and The Loading Dock. No one should have their faith questioned in this forum, nor should they have to justify it, which is what your questions demand.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
No one said you did.

Let me put this so that even you can understand it... The Loading Dock is a forum where people can discuss faith. The Soapbox is a place where you can voice your opinions on religion. Do not confuse the two. The questions you asked are questions that necessarily precipitate a discussion about religion, not faith. Since you have a historical record here of your position on religion, it is clear that your motivations are either to start a discussion on religion on this forum, to silence religious discussions in all of the forums, or that you don't know the difference between The Soapbox and The Loading Dock. No one should have their faith questioned in this forum, nor should they have to justify it, which is what your questions demand.

1st. ...Thanks for putting me down
Honestly did not know the difference between the 2...guilty as charged..being of the non believers crowd..I was asking an honest question... it has always made me scratch my head when I hear soliciting for prayer request..:confused:

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Many people believe that prayers of other believers on their behalf are potentially beneficial. If nothing else, it gives one the comfort of knowing others care and want a positive outcome on their behalf.

Snarky: And IF I did want to pray...why do I need you...could I not do it myself??..you have a direct line to the big hancho??

Not Snarky: I'm not really a believer so this is all new and foreign to me. How does it benefit me to go through you rather than just pray on my own?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I could be wrong, but I think what aj didn't know was the difference between the Soapbox & Loading Dock forums, and what's appropriate on each.
BTW: Nonbelievers are rarely "new to all this" - they've generally done enough research/study to make a conscious decision on the matter, rather than accept unquestioningly the religious beliefs of their parents [or whomever].

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
1st. ...Thanks for putting me down
Hey, no problem. When you put yourself in such a position, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Honestly did not know the difference between the 2...guilty as charged..
More than 1800 posts and you're pleading ignorance? Really?

Scroll to the top and click on the OPEN FORUM tab. You will then be presented with a listing of every forum on the site. Under each forum heading is a description of each forum's topic.

being of the non believers crowd..I was asking an honest question... it has always made me scratch my head when I hear soliciting for prayer request..:confused:
Then you probably should have started a new thread to discuss it in general, rather than hijacking this one with pointed responses directly specifically to the thread starter. I think LDB summed it up rather well.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I could be wrong, but I think what aj didn't know was the difference between the Soapbox & Loading Dock forums, and what's appropriate on each.
BTW: Nonbelievers are rarely "new to all this" - they've generally done enough research/study to make a conscious decision on the matter, rather than accept unquestioningly the religious beliefs of their parents [or whomever].

I really did not know...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That may very well be the case, which is why my initial reply specifically addressed the differences between the two.

Which is precisely why I don't believe his was a honest question, especially in light of his response to my initial reply, which was a continuing effort to start a Soapbox debate. He has an established position of being a non-believer who doesn't pray, so the question of, "Why why would I need him??" is a disingenuous question that can only be meant for one reason.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Hey, no problem. When you put yourself in such a position, I'm more than happy to oblige.

More than 1800 posts and you're pleading ignorance? Really?

Scroll to the top and click on the OPEN FORUM tab. You will then be presented with a listing of every forum on the site. Under each forum heading is a description of each forum's topic.

Then you probably should have started a new thread to discuss it in general, rather than hijacking this one with pointed responses directly specifically to the thread starter. I think LDB summed it up rather well.

I will study the purpose of each forum so I am no longer in violation...my bad..

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Many people believe that prayers of other believers on their behalf are potentially beneficial. If nothing else, it gives one the comfort of knowing others care and want a positive outcome on their behalf.

Snarky: And IF I did want to pray...why do I need you...could I not do it myself??..you have a direct line to the big hancho??

Not Snarky: I'm not really a believer so this is all new and foreign to me. How does it benefit me to go through you rather than just pray on my own?

Your explanation of prayers makes sense ..sorry if it came across the way it did..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I will study the purpose of each forum so I am no longer in violation...my bad..
Thank you. :)

A lot of latitude is given in The Soapbox for going off topic and hijacking threads, even heated arguments, but not so much in the other forums.

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I really did not know...

I don't know each forums specifics either and I can't see the descriptions on the app so don't worry I will be right behind with getting a smack on the hand! :)

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Always a religious angle on things, in God we trust, by demons be driven ... blaah blaah blaah, I've gained many useful things from E.O. and I've also gained several friends from the forums but why can there not be a separation of religion in this place if I wanted bible teaching I could seek that out personally but I guess like everything else in this world others wish to push there personal religious beliefs onto others, I'm taking a break from this site because of this crap,

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Always a religious angle on things, in God we trust, by demons be driven ... blaah blaah blaah, I've gained many useful things from E.O. and I've also gained several friends from the forums but why can there not be a separation of religion in this place if I wanted bible teaching I could seek that out personally but I guess like everything else in this world others wish to push there personal religious beliefs onto others, I'm taking a break from this site because of this crap,

Me thinks you may be overreacting my friend. Just don't visit this ONE forum, which was set up for these sorts of things. Then, at least most of the time, you would not be bothered by it.

People's beliefs affect every part of their lives. They color every decision, each choice. That goes for everyone, believers, non-believers and those looking for answers either way.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Thank you. :)

A lot of latitude is given in The Soapbox for going off topic and hijacking threads, even heated arguments, but not so much in the other forums.

There is no explanation of forums when using the app...were all not super duper EO people..remember I'm not as smart as you..will you find it in your shell to forgive me??

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We just got through establishing that this is not The Soapbox, yet you immediately proceed with a Soapbox discussion. In the words of a famous resident moron, "Seriously?"

Here is the description for the Loading Dock forum:

Come on into this forum and relax! The Loading Dock is dedicated to talking about current events, faith, family, joke sharing and just about anything that concerns you! Leave your keys in your truck and take a seat up here on the dock for awhile.

The description for The Soapbox forum:

Got something to say about politics, the state of the world, what's happening today, just need to express your opinion? Liberal? Conservative? You're welcomed here! Just keep it civil!

One thing I think it's important to address:

"...why can there not be a separation of religion in this place if I wanted bible teaching I could seek that out personally...but I guess like everything else in this world others wish to push there personal religious beliefs onto others..."

One could make the same comment about any subject you can think of that's not directly related to the business of expediting. Why can there not be a separation of hunting or fishing from this place? Or of smartphones and apps? Of keeping fit, and of things to do while laying over and the places to do them? These are topics that are important to many people, and they should be allowed to discuss them.

We're not going to prohibit discussions about hunting and fishing just because you're a vegan and lifetime PETA member any more than we're going to prohibit discussions about faith and religion just because you don't believe in it. I'm not a "believer" either but that doesn't mean that (A) it's not important to the lives of other expediters, and (B) that it should be forbidden to be discussed. I've never met a single topic that shouldn't be allowed to be discussed. I'm a free speech kinda guy who thinks that anything and everything should be allowed to be discussed. I may not agree with it, but dаmn it, you should be able to discuss it. Your assertion that discussions of religion and faith should be prohibited from this place is an outrageous abomination of civil decency and politeness.

Characterizing this thread as someone pushing their religious beliefs onto others is just asinine. It was an invitation, which is the exact opposite of pushing, and it was posted into the appropriate forum, a forum specifically designated to discuss, among other things, faith. That's not pushing anything, that's using the forums in the manner in which they were designed.

"I'm taking a break from this site because of this crap,"

What crap? These forums were here long before you got here. If you thought it was crap, why did you stay so long? Is it because that now, finally, after nearly two years of intense observation, you have found out that we have a forum where something so disgusting as "faith" can be discussed without snarky Soapbox-type responses?